Desipio Message Board
October 25, 2014, 04:26:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" Mini-Chub Thread  (Read 1759 times)
Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 10:24:59 AM »

DPD.  Since Diamond is getting bumped based on 13 innings, I'd say Coleman should be quite an improvement.

Diamond: 0-3, 8.31 ERA, 13 IP, 10 BB, 13 SO, 2.077 WHIP, 11.8 H/9, 6.9 BB/9, 9.0 SO/9
Coleman: 0-0, 8.64 ERA, 8.1 IP, 5 BB, 5 SO, 1.800 WHIP, 10.8 H/9, 5.4 BB/9, 5.4 SO/9

I'm not some ultra guru on the Cubs minor league system or anything, but I like to keep up from time to time to see how the young players are doing.  I still have no idea what a Casey Coleman is and where it came from.  Why is it wearing a Cub uniform?

Because Jim Hendry and Oneri Fleita aren't some ultra gurus on the Cubs minor league system or anything either.

To be fair to those guys, though, not every farm system has rosters filled out with Strasburgs and Poseys.

So the Cubs are off the hook for their mediocre farm system because not all other farm systems are stacked?

Exactly. How can you people say that Jim Hendry sucks at all when the Pirates front office has driven them into the ground for 18 straight seasons? If there's someone worse than you, you must not be that bad at your job.

SKO describes the reason he's held on to his internship.

That's not only the reason I've held on to my job, it's the reason I've been given a raise. In the land of the apathetic, the half-assed worker is king.

Fucking civil servants
Powdered Toast Man
Fukakke Fan Club

Grab ahold of my buttocks!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »

DPD.  Since Diamond is getting bumped based on 13 innings, I'd say Coleman should be quite an improvement.

Diamond: 0-3, 8.31 ERA, 13 IP, 10 BB, 13 SO, 2.077 WHIP, 11.8 H/9, 6.9 BB/9, 9.0 SO/9
Coleman: 0-0, 8.64 ERA, 8.1 IP, 5 BB, 5 SO, 1.800 WHIP, 10.8 H/9, 5.4 BB/9, 5.4 SO/9

I'm not some ultra guru on the Cubs minor league system or anything, but I like to keep up from time to time to see how the young players are doing.  I still have no idea what a Casey Coleman is and where it came from.  Why is it wearing a Cub uniform?

Because Jim Hendry and Oneri Fleita aren't some ultra gurus on the Cubs minor league system or anything either.

To be fair to those guys, though, not every farm system has rosters filled out with Strasburgs and Poseys.

So the Cubs are off the hook for their mediocre farm system because not all other farm systems are stacked?

I didn't say what I wanted to say correctly.  Every farm system has fillers or pork on their rosters, right?  I'm equating those players to the Thomas Diamonds and Casey Colemans.  Why did these two get called up is what I meant to ask.  I mean, I know Cashmoney hasn't been all that great lately, but hasn't he been starting before his callup?  Why not start him?  Is it because he's more valuable in the pen right now?  I have questions.

IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:02 AM »

I didn't say what I wanted to say correctly.  Every farm system has fillers or pork on their rosters, right?  I'm equating those players to the Thomas Diamonds and Casey Colemans.  Why did these two get called up is what I meant to ask.  I mean, I know Cashmoney hasn't been all that great lately, but hasn't he been starting before his callup?  Why not start him?  Is it because he's more valuable in the pen right now?  I have questions.

And I have answers... The Cubs are being fucking IDITOS when it comes to And And
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »

And I have answers... The Cubs are being fucking IDITOS when it comes to And And

Yeti has answers... Confusing answers.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »

That was my very very awful, awful nickname for Andrew.
Richard Chuggar
TJG is back!
Fukakke Fan Club

Bonerific.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

That was my very very awful, awful nickname for Andrew.

You really need to sit the next couple of plays out.

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: