News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Could be a long season.  ( 12,171 )

Paul

Could be a long season.
« on: September 11, 2005, 12:28:45 PM »
You expected the offense to suck, but you had to figure that if the D got Pat Ramsey and Co. back on their own 1 yard line, they wouldn't let Ramsey look like Dan Marino and take them downfield. And where's the pass rush? As I type that, they get a coverage sack and force a fumble. Ask and receive. But anyway they have to play better.

Paul

Re: Could be a long season.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 12:45:32 PM »
Well, game over.If they give up even a field goal, that's ballgame (and they'll probably give up a TD, they're getting torched). This'll cut down on time lost to watching the Bears this season.

Paul

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 12:52:26 PM »
Then Briggs decapitates Ramsey and the Bears pick up the fumble. I'll stop narrating here, whatever I type they invalidate in a few minutes.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 01:11:06 PM »
Johnston, Siragusa, Stockton: MORANS

Stockton has twice called Mark Brunell "Scott".

Johnston said "Commissioner Roselle" went down to Louisiana to help with the relief efforts.

Siragusa said Ramsey would come right back in the game after that hit by Briggs but he hasn't yet.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Paul

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 01:24:56 PM »
This is pathetic. Slow death. If every game this year consists of the D being just good enough to give up a few field goals, and the offense incapable of getting a first down....I can't imagine anybody watching this team all year. It's worse to see half a team than a team that's altogether bad.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 01:29:10 PM »
[Dusty Baker] See, this is what happens when you play kids, dude. Come on man, put Blake in, let's not kill the kid's confidence... Dude.[/Dusty Baker]
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Paul

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 01:31:14 PM »
Orton's the only guy on the offense who's shown up. Moose has a bunch of yards but that's cause the kid's throwing to him all the time. Plus he dropped a big gainer. And Thomas Jones is reminding people why the Bears drafted Benson. Who, ready or not, needs to get the hell out there.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 01:35:39 PM »
Quote from: Paul on September 11, 2005, 01:31:14 PM
Orton's the only guy on the offense who's shown up. Moose has a bunch of yards but that's cause the kid's throwing to him all the time. Plus he dropped a big gainer. And Thomas Jones is reminding people why the Bears drafted Benson. Who, ready or not, needs to get the hell out there.

Orton and Mush are the only ones that have shown up today. The O-Line has been inconsistent, and we don't have a pass rush.

Ron Turner's play-calling hasn't changed much from the last couple years here in Champaign: Run up the middle on first down, run up the middle on second down, pass short of what you need for a first down on third down.

When are people going to start getting on Lovie Smith for not being able to find an offensive coordinator worth a crap???

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 01:49:44 PM »
I guess it takes recovering a fumble on a kickoff to get an offensive touchdown.

Paul

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 01:55:47 PM »
They're gonna need another one if the D keeps giving up first downs. It's a good D but it gives up yardage.

Paul

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 01:59:28 PM »
The defense is failing the offense. Really more frustrating than ironic. I guess stopping the run is asking too much.

Paul

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 02:13:26 PM »
Painful. Just painful.

Orton gets lucky on a ball he tosses up that Bradley pulls down for a big gain, so next play he tries to force it down the middle and gets picked off in the end zone. Same thing happened after Orton's big completion to Moose in the last preseason game. If he's going to throw an overconfident, stupid pass into the end zone after every big completion this year, and then say post-game that he'll "never do it again," he can be benched for all I care. Dumb ass.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 02:34:16 PM »
What a clusterf*** by the offensive line... We only needed one more first down to get in FG range and then we get not one, not two, but THREE consecutive false start penalties.

Paul

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 02:34:27 PM »
This is an embarrassment to the entire region. The Bears were just in field goal range, then Thomas Jones come in for Benson and loses 3 yards, then THREE DIFFERENT O-linemen get consecutive false start penalties. It's now 2nd and 28. Now Orton gets sacked. The rookies are going to lose the game? The veterans will have done it. Unbelievable. 5:53 left now, down 2, Washington ball at the 23. Unbelievable. In field goal range to maybe win the game and you lose 28 yards.

Paul

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2005, 02:38:32 PM »
And this D is overrated. I don't care how physical they are. Every big third down situation, they give it up. Right after their offense gets a lead, they give it up. They're Glendon Rusch.

And now Washington's driving on them and killing the clock. Way to show up, guys. Seven minutes sitting on the sideline and you can't show up to stop Washington when you need to.