News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Post #1908  ( 53,617 )

forklift

Post #1908
« on: October 26, 2005, 11:37:03 PM »

As we get ready to begin Year 99 of No World Series, let's make one thing clear...

A goat didn't do this.

It was Babe Ruth in 1918 and 1932, Hack Wilson in 1929, Gehrig in 1935, DiMaggio in 1938, Hank Greenberg in 1945.

It was the Wrigley family not signing black players until 1953

It was Durocher in 1969 - 1972.

It was Jim Frey in 1984.

It was Greg Maddux & Les Lancaster in 1989.

It was Dusty F. Baker, the entire team (in game 6) and Kerry Wood in 2003.

It was not a goat.

It was not Steve Bartman.

It's time for Cubs management to get their shit together, and go out there and put together a champion. In the Manager's office, on the field, and in the front office.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Re: Post #1908
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 11:43:25 PM »
Quote from: forklift on October 26, 2005, 11:37:03 PM
It's time for Cubs management to get their shit together, and go out there and put together a champion. In the Manager's office, on the field, and in the front office.

I doubt that is going to happen as long as Andy McFail is around.

Dusty Baker should have been fired in the middle of last season, if not sooner. From Corey Patterson to LaBlow Hawkins, this organization is so slow to fix things when things are going wrong that I am really beginning to wonder if they ever can get the job done.

I just hope the Cubs can find a way to, at the least, sneak out a pennant win before Banks and Santo and Williams break the mortal coil... The fans deserve a win, but I almost think they deserve it more... You can just hear the almost-agony in their voices whenever they talk about not winning during their great but underappreciated (due to never getting a title) careers.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 11:55:22 PM »
Quote from: BC on October 26, 2005, 11:43:25 PM

Dusty Baker should have been fired in the middle of last season, if not sooner. From Corey Patterson to LaBlow Hawkins, this organization is so slow to fix things when things are going wrong that I am really beginning to wonder if they ever can get the job done.

Someone has their big-boy pants on tonight.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 11:59:31 PM »
Quote from: TG on October 26, 2005, 11:55:22 PM
Quote from: BC on October 26, 2005, 11:43:25 PM

Someone has their big-boy pants on tonight.

Nah, I'm just pissed.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 12:01:57 AM »
I have to believe that the White Sox victory will provide even more motivatation to the Cubs organization to bring a championship to the other side of town, and that when it finally happens (which it will, very soon) the joy and pandemonium that ensues will dwarf the white sox victory...
First things first, let's shake up the coaching staff for next year...oh wait.
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 12:04:44 AM »
Quote from: caramis on October 27, 2005, 12:01:57 AM
I have to believe that the White Sox victory will provide even more motivatation to the Cubs organization to bring a championship to the other side of town, and that when it finally happens (which it will, very soon) the joy and pandemonium that ensues will dwarf the white sox victory...

About the only way I will feel better about all of this is if the Cubs announce Friday that Dusty Baker has been fired/has resigned/has decided to negotiate peace in the Middle East...

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 11:04:26 AM »
I have to believe that the White Sox victory will provide even more motivatation to the Cubs organization to bring a championship to the other side of town, ...

And, there you have it.  It's no coinkidink that these World Championships are a result of a massive change of direction. 

The Cubs are a profit center and the source of programming for the tribune, nothing more.

JZE

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 12:25:20 PM »
Quote from: BC on October 27, 2005, 12:04:44 AM

About the only way I will feel better about all of this is if the Cubs announce Friday that Dusty Baker has been fired/has resigned/has decided to negotiate peace in the Middle East...

I do not if Dusty would screw that situation up even more, or unifies jews and arabs against a common idiot. 
Forget Clark & Addison for this year. Remember Michigan & Trumball

berserker

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 11:28:38 PM »
Quote from: JZE on October 27, 2005, 12:25:20 PM

I do not if Dusty would screw that situation up even more, or unifies jews and arabs against a common idiot. 

I think we already have an idiot on that one.

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »

As we get ready to begin Year 99 of No World Series, let's make one thing clear...

A goat didn't do this.

It was Babe Ruth in 1918 and 1932, Hack Wilson in 1929, Gehrig in 1935, DiMaggio in 1938, Hank Greenberg in 1945.

It was the Wrigley family not signing black players until 1953

It was Durocher in 1969 - 1972.

It was Jim Frey in 1984.

It was Greg Maddux & Les Lancaster in 1989.

It was not a goat.

It was not Steve Bartman.

What Fork said, except The Headphone Wearing Douchnozzle Whose Name I Will Not Ever Utter shares credit with the team.  His mental error was, after all, the antecedent to all of the subsequent horrific events.  Not that I advocate the guy being abused.  Simply knowing your spastic compulsion contributed to your favorite team's downfall is punishment enough; in fact, it's punishment worthy of a greek classic; my point is, you don't brainfart like that and get a free pass, in my calculation. 

Anyway, time heals all wounds. I don't even care anymore about '03. 

Unfortunately, the current time, such as it appears, is like a huge, festering, ongoing, open sore. There's no escaping the present, sadly.

I hope I'm wrong...of course, but....Yikes. 
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

Paul

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 03:47:52 PM »
There's no way Bartman doesn't take his share of the blame. That POS was the first domino.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »

It was Jim Frey in 1984.

84 add Durham

2003 specifically call out Gonzo and Prior, especially Gonzo.  We were out of the inning, or should have been.  99 years of shoulda, woulda, couldas.
They do have a lot of  free-swinging, crafty veterans over there.  Hmmmm, on one hand peace in the Middle East on the other Cubs win the WS, which would I prefer?
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

TW

• 2005 Desipio Deadpool Winner and resident DBF fellater.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 12:38:36 PM »
Quote from: helloWorld on February 06, 2006, 09:04:19 AM
Hmmmm, on one hand peace in the Middle East on the other Cubs win the WS, which would I prefer?

Fuck that.  I live here.  Cubs WS without question.
Eminem has to cuss in his raps to sell records.  Well...me too...so fuck Will Smith.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 02:23:14 PM »
Quote from: TW on February 06, 2006, 12:38:36 PM
Hmmmm, on one hand peace in the Middle East on the other Cubs win the WS, which would I prefer?

f@#$ that.  I live here.  Cubs WS without question.
Oh TW, I definitely agree.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

berserker

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 02:37:19 PM »
Quote from: helloWorld on February 06, 2006, 02:23:14 PM
Quote from: TW on February 06, 2006, 12:38:36 PM

f@#$ that.  I live here.  Cubs WS without question.
Oh TW, I definitely agree.

A couple years ago, the Trib asked if you would take a new Cubs' ballpark if it meant they would win a World Series. I would personally take Wrigley Field apart, brick by brick.