News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Moron Mariotti  ( 20,228 )

TW

• 2005 Desipio Deadpool Winner and resident DBF fellater.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Moron Mariotti
« on: March 30, 2006, 02:58:55 PM »
On ESPN's "Around The Horn" yesterday, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti ripped the WWE Hall of Fame. He said that former Chicago Bears player William "Refrigerator" Perry’s induction into the Hall of Fame is a joke. He then said that the WWE Hall of Fame is a fraud and that there shouldn't even be a Hall of Fame to honor a fraudulent sport. Also, by inducting a "real" athlete, Mariotti thinks that William Perry might encourage young kids to try to copy what they see on wrestling shows and get hurt.

Douchebaggery knows no limits.
Eminem has to cuss in his raps to sell records.  Well...me too...so fuck Will Smith.

berserker

Re: Moron Mariotti
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 03:23:15 PM »
Quote from: TW on March 30, 2006, 02:58:55 PM
On ESPN's "Around The Horn" yesterday, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti ripped the WWE Hall of Fame. He said that former Chicago Bears player William "Refrigerator" Perry’s induction into the Hall of Fame is a joke. He then said that the WWE Hall of Fame is a fraud and that there shouldn't even be a Hall of Fame to honor a fraudulent sport. Also, by inducting a "real" athlete, Mariotti thinks that William Perry might encourage young kids to try to copy what they see on wrestling shows and get hurt.

Douchebaggery knows no limits.

He didn't say we should do something that matters?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 03:54:35 PM »
Jay Mariotti is apparently mixing it up with the Trixies downtown, per Deadspin. I have to imagine he must be newly divorced, but anyway... Deadspin will give you a few minutes of chuckles here.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 04:54:31 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 24, 2009, 03:54:35 PM
Jay Mariotti is apparently mixing it up with the Trixies downtown, per Deadspin. I have to imagine he must be newly divorced, but anyway... Deadspin will give you a few minutes of chuckles here.

Gotta be a photshop.  No way that guy ever actually went outside in this town.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 04:55:29 PM »
He apparently got his ass kicked at some bar because he got in someone's face over a cell phone picture.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »
Mariotti holds grudges:

QuoteMr. Mariotti then went on to note that the Tribune never gave him or the Sun-Times credit for breaking the story of Michael Jordan's return to basketball in 2001.

"The Trib credited the AP, which co-broke the story with me, but purged any credit for the Sun-Times. I called their editors to correct their ethical lapse -- they ignored me. The edition was Sept. 11, 2001, by the way, and I'm still waiting."

Mr. Mariotti concluded by saying, "Don't think I want to work for these creeps."

(Relatedly, Sherman also lets us know that Fearless Leader has no clue what he's talking about and goes on to speculate that the Trib could maybe possibly be thinking about considering targeting Whitlock.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 10, 2009, 10:32:07 AM
Mariotti holds grudges:

QuoteMr. Mariotti then went on to note that the Tribune never gave him or the Sun-Times credit for breaking the story of Michael Jordan's return to basketball in 2001.

"The Trib credited the AP, which co-broke the story with me, but purged any credit for the Sun-Times. I called their editors to correct their ethical lapse -- they ignored me. The edition was Sept. 11, 2001, by the way, and I'm still waiting."

Mr. Mariotti concluded by saying, "Don't think I want to work for these creeps."

(Relatedly, Sherman also lets us know that Fearless Leader has no clue what he's talking about and goes on to speculate that the Trib could maybe possibly be thinking about considering targeting Whitlock.)

I'm outraged the Sept. 12, 2001 Tribune didn't carry a front-page apology correcting its ethical lapse.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 10, 2009, 10:39:08 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 10, 2009, 10:32:07 AM
Mariotti holds grudges:

I'm outraged the Sept. 12, 2001 Tribune didn't carry a front-page apology correcting its ethical lapse.

Was the Sun-Times the one with the giant WAR front page that day?

As I recall, the Trib had a more subdued look.  In fact, IIRC, they published a special evening edition that day.

Another weird thing about that day, the noticable silence outside.  Freakish.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
The newseum has an interesting front page. I must have gotten an early edition, because here's what showed up on my doorstep that morning:

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
I love you, TJ Brown.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »
Holy crap. 

That may be the finest piece of work Desipio has ever seen.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »