News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Will Carroll -- Baseball Super Genius (and Comic Book Guy lookalike) says...  ( 17,383 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
...that the Cubs are going to replace the Dodgers in the three-way Randy Johnson trade, shipping Sammy, the Farns and Angel Guzman to Arizona and getting Javier Vazquez.

http://www.all-baseball.com/willcarroll/archives/016763.html#more

The trade would make Javy Vazquez the Cubs' $13.5 million fifth starter, or they'll try and trade him to some other sucker. 

Paging, Kenny Williams!  Paging, Kenny Williams!

Worst...thread...ever.

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Wasn't Green born in Chicago?  I know part of the problem is his refusal to waive his no trade clause because he loves LA.  Would he do so for the Cubs and return to his ex-kindof town?

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck on December 17, 2004, 02:44:38 PM
Wasn't Green born in Chicago?  I know part of the problem is his refusal to waive his no trade clause because he loves LA.  Would he do so for the Cubs and return to his ex-kindof town?

No way, I want Javier Vasquez on the Cubs.  If only so that we can fire up the "Kerry Wood will be the Cubs closer" rumor again.
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Chuck--

Didn't he express a desire to play in LA because he's Jewish?  And, if this is the case, then why is he so reticent about playing in NY?

I live near Albany Park, although it's not quite the Jewish enclave that it was in the 40's and 50's, if it meant getting rid of Sam Me, I'd be the first in line to chauffer him around town.  More appropriately, perhaps, I could take him on a tour of Skokie, Buffalo Grove etc. 

Call me a team player. 
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
This was a horrible idea for the Dodgers, and an even worse trade for the Cubs.  Why would the Cubs make this deal for another pitcher?  Why give up a great prospect for Vasquez?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club

Chuck--

Didn't he express a desire to play in LA because he's Jewish?  And, if this is the case, then why is he so reticent about playing in NY?

Maybe because Green was [rumored to be] traded to Arizona? Just a theory...

Edited: I'm a dope and misunderstood what Mike D. meant.

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
From ESPN.com:
QuoteA source close to Green, who is due $16 million in 2005, told ESPN.com that the Dodgers outfielder is happy living in Southern California, where he grew up, and has expressed no desire to leave Los Angeles
No word on being in LA because it's Jewish population is 5 times the size of Chicago's.  I can't blame him if it were true, tho.  I went there to get my wife.  Then there was the earthquake in 1994 and she moved to Chicago.  Maybe I can make Shawn a similar deal?

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Phil Rogers puts down the crack pipe for this one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=1947583

Actually, his trade rumors are the same ones we keep trotting out every day.  Only he acts like they WILL happen, not could happen.

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on December 17, 2004, 03:30:02 PM
Phil Rogers puts down the crack pipe for this one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=1947583

Actually, his trade rumors are the same ones we keep trotting out every day.  Only he acts like they WILL happen, not could happen.

Sosa to the Yanks for Kevin Brown?  Wasn't this like, the first Sosa trade rumor ever?  Keep the dream alive, Phil.
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

lomez

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
This just in from the desk of Phil Rogers...

Yankees trade SS Alfonso Soriano, 3B Drew Henson, OF Ricky Ledee or OF Shane Spencer and OF Jackson Melian for Sosa and Ismael Valdes.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club

Sosa to the Yanks for Kevin Brown?  Wasn't this like, the first Sosa trade rumor ever?  Keep the dream alive, Phil.
Don't the Braves covet Kevin Brown, a Georgia boy? Make it a three-way deal. Send the surly one to the ATL and send 'Druw to the Cubs.

forklift

Quote from: Mike D. on December 17, 2004, 02:54:59 PM

Chuck--

I live near Albany Park, although it's not quite the Jewish enclave that it was in the 40's and 50's, if it meant getting rid of Sam Me, I'd be the first in line to chauffer him around town.  More appropriately, perhaps, I could take him on a tour of Skokie, Buffalo Grove etc. 

Call me a team player. 

If it gets him on the Cubs, and gets Sammy elsewhere, I'll ship brisket from Brooklyn...

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
I'm almost afraid to post this, given all the mysterious enemies Will is always darkly alluding to, but I'm always surprised when people link to him and fail to note that he is a comically arrogant ass (although I do appreciate the subject heading, assuming that it's sarcastic, which I imagine is a pretty safe assumption).  I have NEVER had such a strong, negative reaction to someone based only on their writing before.  I totally agree with his politics, so that's not the issue, although I shudder to imagine how irritating someone who doesn't share his politics must find him ...

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: smg on December 17, 2004, 10:06:14 PM
I'm almost afraid to post this, given all the mysterious enemies Will is always darkly alluding to, but I'm always surprised when people link to him and fail to note that he is a comically arrogant ass (although I do appreciate the subject heading, assuming that it's sarcastic, which I imagine is a pretty safe assumption).  I have NEVER had such a strong, negative reaction to someone based only on their writing before.  I totally agree with his politics, so that's not the issue, although I shudder to imagine how irritating someone who doesn't share his politics must find him ...

That would be me. I find Carroll to be an insufferable, arrogant liberal hack. Plus, he doesn't know shit about baseball other than what he parrots from other sources. What a zero.
RETIRED

forklift

Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on December 17, 2004, 10:08:21 PM

That would be me. I find Carroll to be an insufferable, arrogant liberal hack. Plus, he doesn't know shit about baseball other than what he parrots from other sources. What a zero.

See, I'm an insufferable, arrogant liberal hack, but my opinions are my own...