News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Olberman on Coulter  ( 22,740 )

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Olberman on Coulter
« on: July 09, 2006, 11:53:20 AM »
I'm not sure how many of you have seen this video:
http://www.videosift.com/index.php?search=olberman%2C+coulter%2C+911%2C+widows&tag=true

Classic.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Re: Olberman on Coulter
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 02:57:43 PM »
Olbermann was great on SportsCenter, and a couple months ago I thought his MSNBC show was all right... But in the last few months he has become obsessed with attacking FOX News and Bill O'Reilly... When you spend eight minutes on a diatribe against O'Reilly (As he did a couple weeks ago) in the middle of what is supposed to be a newscast, that is too much. So O'Reilly can be pompous and FOX News can be too dependant on fancy graphics while not providing hard news coverage... But eight minutes? Seriously? Come on...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 04:34:31 PM »
Quote from: BC on July 09, 2006, 02:57:43 PM
Olbermann was great on SportsCenter, and a couple months ago I thought his MSNBC show was all right... But in the last few months he has become obsessed with attacking FOX News and Bill O'Reilly... When you spend eight minutes on a diatribe against O'Reilly (As he did a couple weeks ago) in the middle of what is supposed to be a newscast, that is too much. So O'Reilly can be pompous and FOX News can be too dependant on fancy graphics while not providing hard news coverage... But eight minutes? Seriously? Come on...

I believe that whole thing started with O'Reilly publically calling for Olberman's show to be replaced with Phil Donahue.  And I wouldn't call Countdown a "newscast".  It's an hour editorial on the news by Keith Olberman.  I like it, but I can understand that others wouldn't.  And 8 minutes is not nearly enough time to spend attacking O'Reilly.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 05:19:56 PM »
Quote from: CPT on July 09, 2006, 04:34:31 PM

I like it, but I can understand that others wouldn't.  And 8 minutes is not nearly enough time to spend attacking O'Reilly.
Uh oh.  Somebody is going to get a little visit from the FBI agents.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 06:33:57 PM »
If anyone hasn't read the Rude Pundit, and is interested in this Coulter/plagerism thing, check him out.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

It's not for those who are easily offended, but this cat was one of the first who uncovered this whole thing.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 07:51:45 PM »
Olberman's a jackass. 

numbersman2

• Does your little dog bite?
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »
This is Olbermans last job. He was fired from everyother network.  He is a first class asshole, and will be gone soon, and then have nowhere to go.  Why does anyone listen to this loser.
Go Away

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 08:27:24 PM »
Quote from: numbersman2 on July 09, 2006, 08:06:03 PM
This is Olbermans last job. He was fired from everyother network.  He is a first class asshole, and will be gone soon, and then have nowhere to go.  Why does anyone listen to this loser.

Because he's funny.  And yes, he may be a total asshole, but since he often acts assholish towards Chris Berman and his ilk, I can overlook that.

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 08:30:53 PM »
If you agree with him, his smugness is probably a lot less off-putting.  I agree with him at times, but his inability to have anyone on his show who disagrees with him allows him to smugly laugh off contrary positions.  Then knowing the other side of the argument, you come away thinking why not at least address the arguments of those you disagree with?  You don't have to have a pissing match on every issue like Crossfire, but at least acknowledge that there are those who disagree with what you are presenting as self-evident truth.  Even Jon Stewart does that.

numbersman2

• Does your little dog bite?
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »
Quote from: CPT on July 09, 2006, 08:27:24 PM

Because he's funny.  And yes, he may be a total asshole, but since he often acts assholish towards Chris Berman and his ilk, I can overlook that.
[/quote

we're happy for you
Go Away

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:06:58 PM »
Quote from: numbersman2 on July 09, 2006, 09:01:47 PM
Quote from: CPT on July 09, 2006, 08:27:24 PM

[/quote

we're happy for you

Thanks.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 09:54:26 PM »
Politics are jolly.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 11:16:40 PM »
I consider myself fairly right of center but Coulter does our side no good whatsoever. I hope she goes away soon. And I don't care for Olberman's show. I don't think it's funny or interesting so I haven't spent much time figuring out what he thinks about things.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

StewiesBandwagon

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »
Coulter is a very intellligent woman (she graduated from Michigan Law and clerked for a federal judge) and often makes very cogent points. However, her overuse of invectives and insults completely debases the objectives she's trying to accomplish in her writing. Over the years, her writing has devolved into countless streams of well-worded and well-crafted slurs and ad-hominem attacks.

That being said, the irony of Keith Olbermann attacking anyone like Coulter or O'Reilly out of a sense for his own overblown journalistic piety, which he must have invented sometime in between his clever witicisms on "Esspin" many a moon ago, is to much for humanity to bear.

Denny Crane

• Just a simple, 'Thank you, oh kind and benevolent leader' will suffice.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 08:32:57 AM »
I personally think Olberman and O'reilly are both jackasses. I used watch O'reilly, christ I can't stand the guy anymore. I too consider myself right of center too. I watch one news/editorial show a night and thats Glenn Beck, whom I also listen to on the radio in the morning and then of course I listen to Rush. But thats all the politics I can take in a 24 hour period.
My father, God rest his soul, told me the best sex he ever had was with one-legged women. Something about positional play. I don't know. I've always wondered.