News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Friday Night Lights  ( 31,308 )

Neifilicious

Friday Night Lights
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:48:09 PM »
...Because the world definitely needs plenty of TV shows based on football.   God knows it's better than watching the Yank-mes.

Begins tonight at 7:00 cst on NBC.   

forkserker

Re: Friday Night Lights
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 03:52:32 PM »

I haven't seen Connie Britton in anything lately, but I seem to recall she has a pretty nice rack.

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »
Go Yankees.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 03:59:49 PM »
Go DVR.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 10:00:02 AM »
I thought it was tremendous.

Both the show, and Connie's rack.

Seriously, I was ready to be underwhelmed by the show, but I thought it was great.  I'm not sure how they drag it out over 22 weeks, but what the hell?  It's better than most of the crap on TV these days.  If you didn't watch it last night, it's on again tonight.  Watch it and then we can discuss how James VanderBeek should have been cast as the backup QB.

forkserker

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 11:37:22 AM »
Quote from: Andy on October 04, 2006, 10:00:02 AM
I thought it was tremendous.

Both the show, and Connie's rack.

Seriously, I was ready to be underwhelmed by the show, but I thought it was great.  I'm not sure how they drag it out over 22 weeks, but what the hell?  It's better than most of the crap on TV these days.  If you didn't watch it last night, it's on again tonight.  Watch it and then we can discuss how James VanderBeek should have been cast as the backup QB.

I'm still amazed they ever found a helmet to fit him. I think he's John Tesh's long-lost son.

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 02:31:55 PM »
Anybody know what the status of this show is?  They moved it from the Tuesday night 7:00 CST slot to last night at 9:00 CST against MNF.  Are they playing around with the time slot because it's not getting the ratings NBC had hoped?  I hope it's not already on it's last leg, after 4 weeks or so.  This is the only show this fall that I actually make a point to watch (Connie Britton's rack might have something to do with that).

Neifilicious

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »
Quote from: J Rod on October 31, 2006, 02:31:55 PM
Anybody know what the status of this show is?  They moved it from the Tuesday night 7:00 CST slot to last night at 9:00 CST against MNF.  Are they playing around with the time slot because it's not getting the ratings NBC had hoped?  I hope it's not already on it's last leg, after 4 weeks or so.  This is the only show this fall that I actually make a point to watch (Connie Britton's rack might have something to do with that).

They didn't move it.  That was just an extra episode thrown in.  The usual one is on tonight.

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 01:03:43 PM »
Aybody still watching this show?  Is it just me, or was that last episode weak?

joeaiello

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 12:00:59 PM »
The last episode was weak. I'm still watching though. I like the show, overall.
For great Cubs coverage, check out www.viewfromthebleachers.com

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »
How about now?  Is anyone still watching this?  I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but I think this has turned into my favorite of the new shows, even if it's a total soap opera.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 02:26:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm still watching it.  It's the only one of the new shows that I watch (I kind of missed the boat on the others).

As a selling point to get more people interested in watching it - I've read it's still on the ropes - they try to make each episode have it's own story line that gets people involved if they've never seen an episode before, with some underlying themes that continue from episode to episode.  Although that helped get my girlfriend into it about a month or two into the season, getting her beyond "It's a stupid football show" (with smoking hot girls), I think I've become hooked onto shows that really string out story lines, going a little deeper a la HBO, and wish that FNL could do this.  Unfortunately I don't see them having the resources (broadcast TV being different then cable) to do so, but it would be cool if they could.

I do enjoy the scenes with the coach and his wife though.  They have some humorous interactions.

When you get around to watching last night's episode, let me know if you noticed a difference in the picture.  I thought it looked a little different, almost grainier.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 02:57:13 PM »
Quote from: J Rod on February 22, 2007, 02:26:14 PM
Yeah, I'm still watching it.  It's the only one of the new shows that I watch (I kind of missed the boat on the others).

As a selling point to get more people interested in watching it - I've read it's still on the ropes - they try to make each episode have it's own story line that gets people involved if they've never seen an episode before, with some underlying themes that continue from episode to episode.  Although that helped get my girlfriend into it about a month or two into the season, getting her beyond "It's a stupid football show" (with smoking hot girls), I think I've become hooked onto shows that really string out story lines, going a little deeper a la HBO, and wish that FNL could do this.  Unfortunately I don't see them having the resources (broadcast TV being different then cable) to do so, but it would be cool if they could.

I do enjoy the scenes with the coach and his wife though.  They have some humorous interactions.

When you get around to watching last night's episode, let me know if you noticed a difference in the picture.  I thought it looked a little different, almost grainier.

The interaction between the coach and his wife is great.  She's a perfect foil for him.  Also, the guy who plays Saracen really does a hell of a job playing an insecure high school kid.  And I love his buddy who looks like a cross between Pigman and Matt Damon.  That guy's great.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 03:04:41 PM »
Connie Britton gets better looking every week.

The show is still tremendous, even when the plots get ludicrous (like the three episode Smash steroids thing).  The characters are great, and I just like looking at Lyla and Tyra.

Oh, and Mrs. Stanwyck, who is aging pretty well, and can still throw a punch.

Just put it on the Underhills tab.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 03:32:35 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 22, 2007, 03:04:41 PM
Connie Britton gets better looking every week.

The show is still tremendous, even when the plots get ludicrous (like the three episode Smash steroids thing).  The characters are great, and I just like looking at Lyla and Tyra.

Oh, and Mrs. Stanwyck, who is aging pretty well, and can still throw a punch.

Just put it on the Underhills tab.

She'll always have a place in my heart as the morphine addict from Tombstone, as well.

And Connie Britton is scathing hot in this show.  Pretty much every female is.  Hell, even Saracen's grandma could probably have gotten the job done back in the day.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07