News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Patriots @ Bears 12/12/10. Brian Hoyer's coming out party.  ( 6,373 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Patriots @ Bears 12/12/10. Brian Hoyer's coming out party.
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 13, 2010, 09:52:17 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 13, 2010, 09:32:17 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 13, 2010, 09:23:31 AM
Quote from: BC on December 12, 2010, 06:56:13 PM
If I'm reading the tiebreakers right, if Green Bay loses to New England next week and the Bears beat Minnesota, then the Bears would clinch the division. The Bears would hold the divisional record tie-breaker over GB in that scenario even if both teams ended up 10-6.

So, there's that.

Wow.  BC actually provided good information.  

We stayed until 6:56 left in the game, after Cutler got picked off again in the endzone.  We were assuming that the Minnesota game is huge and could possibly render the Green Bay game moot.   Sadly, I think it's still going to come down to that Green Bay game and this New England ass-whupping won't be the game we'll be cursing then but the Deadskins game instead.

Also, what could work to the Bears' advantage is if the Humpdome still ain't ready by next week.  A deflated team being forced to play a "home" game that is closer to Chicago than their home stadium...hmmm where have we seen that before?  

So you think that Green Bay will win in New England or the Bears will lose to Minnesota? Fuck, you are some kind of queer Wisconsin Favre dong chuggar aren't you? I will agree with you that a first round bye may be in play for the Bears in Week 17 and Green Bay will be trying to lock up a Wild Card. So it won't be moot. But Jesus H. Koresh, Huard.

I said that thinking Green Bay would be at home, but I since have noticed that they'll be in New England.  I still call it a tossup, though.  New England can lose to the Packers and, so long as they beat Boofalo and Miami, they've got homefield in the AFC.  That game will be much bigger for Green Bay than it was for the Bears and not as big for New England as the Bears game was--particularly in light of the Jets also losing yesterday.  And where did I say I think the Bears wil lose to Minnesota?  Go eat a dick, spazz.

I think the Bears have a better chance of losing at Minnesnowta than Green Bay has of winning at New England and so does everybody else. But neither one is going to happen because... fuck you!  
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 10:15:23 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 13, 2010, 09:52:17 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 13, 2010, 09:32:17 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 13, 2010, 09:23:31 AM
Quote from: BC on December 12, 2010, 06:56:13 PM
If I'm reading the tiebreakers right, if Green Bay loses to New England next week and the Bears beat Minnesota, then the Bears would clinch the division. The Bears would hold the divisional record tie-breaker over GB in that scenario even if both teams ended up 10-6.

So, there's that.

Wow.  BC actually provided good information. 

We stayed until 6:56 left in the game, after Cutler got picked off again in the endzone.  We were assuming that the Minnesota game is huge and could possibly render the Green Bay game moot.   Sadly, I think it's still going to come down to that Green Bay game and this New England ass-whupping won't be the game we'll be cursing then but the Deadskins game instead.

Also, what could work to the Bears' advantage is if the Humpdome still ain't ready by next week.  A deflated team being forced to play a "home" game that is closer to Chicago than their home stadium...hmmm where have we seen that before? 

So you think that Green Bay will win in New England or the Bears will lose to Minnesota? Fuck, you are some kind of queer Wisconsin Favre dong chuggar aren't you? I will agree with you that a first round bye may be in play for the Bears in Week 17 and Green Bay will be trying to lock up a Wild Card. So it won't be moot. But Jesus H. Koresh, Huard.

I said that thinking Green Bay would be at home, but I since have noticed that they'll be in New England.  I still call it a tossup, though.  New England can lose to the Packers and, so long as they beat Boofalo and Miami, they've got homefield in the AFC.  That game will be much bigger for Green Bay than it was for the Bears and not as big for New England as the Bears game was--particularly in light of the Jets also losing yesterday.  And where did I say I think the Bears wil lose to Minnesota?  Go eat a dick, spazz.

Quote from: Internet Apex on December 13, 2010, 09:32:17 AMSo you think that Green Bay will win in New England or the Bears will lose to Minnesota?

As BC noted, at least one of those two things would have to happen for the season to "come down to" the Green Bay game in January.

Nixon say relax.

New scenario: Packers lose to the Pats in Foxborough and beat the Giants at home, the Bears lose to the Vikings at the Target Center and beat the Jets in Chicago, taking us to Jan 2 with the Bears at 10-5 and the Packers at 9-6.

A Bears win gives them a straight-up division win at 11-5.

If the Packers win, the Bears and Packers would be tied for the division lead at 10-6 overall, tied vs. the NFC North at 4-2 and tied vs. common opponents at 8-4. The Packers, however, would have the edge against Conference opponents, 8-4 vs. 7-5.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 13, 2010, 09:37:56 AM
Hey did anyone mention that Brian Hoyer did indeed make an appearance?

I noticed. It was not when I was hoping him to come in. I was slightly kinda sorta hoping the bears would concuss Justin Bieber yesterday.