News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer.  ( 55,812 )

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer.
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2006, 03:09:23 PM »
Quote from: CPT on December 20, 2006, 03:03:31 PM
Quote from: The Slak on December 20, 2006, 02:43:42 PM
Quote from: Dave B on December 20, 2006, 02:39:52 PM
How about Stag? A Missouri beer, I believe.

When faced with the decision at the Edward Jones Dome (Club section at the Bears game last week) of a 24-oz. draft of Bud for $9.25 vs. a double Crown Royal for $7.25, the choice was easy. Plus a lot less pissing.

That's a really easy decision. The Crown is a nice drink.

I still get by with Jack and Coke. A classic.

I prefer a 7 and 7.  You're never too drunk to order one.

Intrepid Reader: Ryan Howard
I'll have one beer and one 7 and 7 with eight Maraschino cherries, sugar on the rim, blended if you can.

Augie-O

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 03:38:17 PM »
LaCrosse Light, anyone?

I'm pretty sure it's just riverwater.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2006, 04:27:14 PM »
I've strayed at times, but I always come back to my nut brown ale-master: Newcastle.  So bloody good.  I'll do a Boddington's sometimes, but Newcastle is just too, too fine.

As far as drinks, can't say no to Jameson/rocks.  Occasionally I'll order a mid-priced scotch/rocks, or a Candian whiskey/rocks (CC or Crown), but the Jameson/Newcastle combo has done me ... well, it hasn't done me "good," but it's done me.

Yah mo B there!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 04:30:11 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on December 20, 2006, 02:50:11 PM
I was on the Crown Royal website a few months ago and signed up to be a member of the Society of the Crown. Yesterday, I returned home from work to find the postman had delivered a nice box on the front step from Crown Royal. It contained a purple velvet pillow (with gold fringe, of course) with a hole cut in the middle to set a bottle of Crown in, as well as some personalized labels to slap on the bottle. It may be hard for me to get a cooler gift this Xmas.

Are you sure that's what the hole is for?

Guinness is tough to top, but I've never liked Blue Moon.  My girlfriend drinks it with an orange slice in it.  But then, she'll put just about anything in her mouth.

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2006, 04:40:10 PM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on December 20, 2006, 02:05:44 PM

Who remembers Black Label? Ugh.

Worst. Ever.

Being broke and in college one weekend, me and two other guys all pitched in a buck to buy a case.  That's right, a case for $3.  Worst 8 beers of my life.

Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on December 20, 2006, 02:05:44 PM
For a good beer, I'll throw in a plug for Kansas City's Boulevard beer, good stuff. For mass market, I'll usually grab a Corona or Sam Adams.

I don't drink Coronas because Mexican bartenders laugh at you if you order it.  They know something.

I'll vouch for Boulevard.  I'll even vouch for a St. Louis brew, Schlafly's.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »
I prefer an honest beer for an honest price... that's right, I drink the High Life. At a bachelor party in SD I brought back 3 cases of bottles, everyone b#$ched and moaned, yet I had constant beer that weekend as no one else would drink it.. long live the High Life.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 04:51:52 PM »
One time in college, 7 of us finished 5 cases of Natural Lite.  Ugh...

I can vouch for Highwood.  I have a buddy whose parents live in Highland Park.  He lives in CO.  Sometimes, when he's in town, we'll go hang out in Highwood.  Good times, really.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on December 20, 2006, 04:48:37 PM
I prefer an honest beer for an honest price... that's right, I drink the High Life. At a bachelor party in SD I brought back 3 cases of bottles, everyone b#$ched and moaned, yet I had constant beer that weekend as no one else would drink it.. long live the High Life.

Mess with the High Life and the High Life will mess with you...
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »
Quote from: bozos72 on December 20, 2006, 04:51:52 PM
One time in college, 7 of us finished 5 cases of Natural Lite.  Ugh...

Is that you Larry?

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 05:38:04 PM »
Quote from: Andy on December 20, 2006, 04:30:11 PM
Quote from: Dave B on December 20, 2006, 02:50:11 PM
I was on the Crown Royal website a few months ago and signed up to be a member of the Society of the Crown. Yesterday, I returned home from work to find the postman had delivered a nice box on the front step from Crown Royal. It contained a purple velvet pillow (with gold fringe, of course) with a hole cut in the middle to set a bottle of Crown in, as well as some personalized labels to slap on the bottle. It may be hard for me to get a cooler gift this Xmas.

Are you sure that's what the hole is for?

Guinness is tough to top, but I've never liked Blue Moon.  My girlfriend drinks it with an orange slice in it.  But then, she'll put just about anything in her mouth.

For his 21st birthday, a friend of mine bought a keg of Blue Moon and a keg of Bud Light for his birthday party.  I've had about 14 cups of light beer in my life, and I think ten of them were that night.  Can't stand Blue Moon, the girlfriend loves it.

Yah mo B there!

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 06:06:29 PM »
Bell's out of Michigan is pretty good.  Especially the Two-Hearted Ale and Porter.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »
Bell's won't play ball with Chicago Beverage, and since no one wants to deal with Yusef Jackson, you can't get Bell's in Chicagoland anymore.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2006, 06:27:19 PM »
Blue Moon ain't my cup o' tea.

Got hooked by a couple members of the Toon Army on Newcastle a few years back, and haven't looked back (or straight) since.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2006, 06:30:40 PM »
Anybody from NIU ever buy the case of Rhinelander bottles for $3.99?

It was a ripoff.

I like how this thread duplicated an earlier one about drinking beer and escalated to 5+ pages in about 6 hours.  Nice to know I'm in the company of such fine, upstanding degenerates

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »
In Korea, my beer of choice is O.B. Lager.  Tastes like formaldehyde, but it just seems appropriate.

Back in the states, I am a recent convert to PPE's choice, K.C. Boulevard Beer.

When I'm looking for some really strong beer, I go with Arrogant Bastard Ale.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.