News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer.  ( 55,792 )

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer.
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2006, 07:16:58 AM »
Quote from: Huey on December 20, 2006, 06:30:40 PM
Anybody from NIU ever buy the case of Rhinelander bottles for $3.99?

It was a ripoff.

The bottles were always dusty, because you had to bring them back to get your deposit back.  I think I just got a hangover just thinking about it.

Speaking of NIU, who ever it was who bad mouthed Keystone, I'd like to have a word outside with you.  That stuff got me through freshman year of college.  Of course I didn't know any better.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2006, 08:13:21 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 20, 2006, 09:22:45 PM
Quote from: The Slak on December 20, 2006, 08:51:27 PMOh, and on the topic of Asian beers, Sapporo is perty good...cool can too.

Try the Singha.  It's southeast Asia's answer to Ballantine Ale.

Singha is the bomb.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2006, 08:36:20 AM »
In case Margaret Meade came back from the dead and studied the culture that is Desipio, she'd easily be able to conclude that, when there's no baseball, we drink a lot and listen to music?  Do I have that right?

BTW Pancho made me feel as bad about my beer as you music snobs make me feel about my musical tastes.  For shame!!!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »
Quote from: Pancho on December 21, 2006, 12:24:51 AM
Quote from: Tonker on December 20, 2006, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: RockTheIvy on December 20, 2006, 12:24:10 PM
Your favorite.

In the States: St. Pauli Girl: Special Dark

Here in Germany: Lowenbrau: Triumphator (That's 7.8% alcohol, MADD)

Best beer to drink prior to fat chick lovin: Schlitz.

For my money, Rock, Loewenbraeu is only the third best brewery in Munich, behind Paulaner and (best of all) Augustiner.  Ayinger (from just outside Munich) is also excellent.  You ask any beer nut in Muenchen what they drink, though, and they'll all say Augustiner.  Their "Edelstoff" puts hair on your chest.

Dutch beer sucks, for the most part.  Belgian beer, though, which is universally available here, is excellent.  Leffe and Grimberger are my favourites.  Blond, Dubbel, Tripel - it's all great, it just depends how pished you want to get.

As great as Desipio is, it's a shame that people here know nothing about great beer. You sir, on the other hand, have made my day with your post. I am currently drinking a St. Bernardus 12, that's been aged 3 years. Earlier, I had a 2001 JW Lees Harvest, which held up well. There is so much great American craft beer, wonderful Belgian ales, and fine German and British (pass me a Fuller's vintage, or 1845 please) that it makes me sick that people drink Bud and Natty Ice. With all the amazing beer you can get in this country there is no excuse. If anybody on this board wants to try something new, I will be happy to give suggestions, shit, I will f@#$ing send you something, just let me know.

Send me something!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »
Quote from: Huey on December 21, 2006, 08:36:20 AM
In case Margaret Meade came back from the dead and studied the culture that is Desipio, she'd easily be able to conclude that, when there's no baseball, we drink a lot and listen to music?  Do I have that right?

BTW Pancho made me feel as bad about my beer as you music snobs make me feel about my musical tastes.  For shame!!!

I'm the only one with any musical taste around here. Me and teh Slak. Don't feel bad.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2006, 08:54:32 AM »

I like Tequila.  It's kind of like beer.

As for music, it's an art.  And art is for the gheys.  Ergo, anybody who likes music is ghey.  So maybe Margaret Meade would conclude that Desipio is the internet's most interesting Turkish bathhouse.

If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »
Quote from: CPT on December 21, 2006, 08:54:32 AM

As for music, it's an art.  And art is for the gheys.  Ergo, anybody who likes music is ghey.  So maybe Margaret Meade would conclude that Desipio is the internet's most interesting Turkish bathhouse.

Beat it nerd.

History majors are gay too. You're now part ghey/gay/gey.

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »
I hear gheys like teh ablls.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2006, 09:25:24 AM »
Actually they lick teh ablls. I've HEARD.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2006, 10:25:58 AM »
Quote from: The Slak on December 21, 2006, 09:22:21 AM

Beat it nerd.

We are not!  We're just bookish.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2006, 10:36:53 AM »

If we drink a lot during the off-season, what does that tell us about our drinking habits watching the wretched bunch of losers we have come to so love in the summer?
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »
Quote from: Pancho on December 21, 2006, 12:27:18 AM
Quote from: SD on December 20, 2006, 01:08:44 PM
Lots of swear words could be used here about the (domestic) beer industry.  I'll limit myself to:

You can taste the steel from the distillery in Budweiser.  If you're going to drink domestic, the least you could do for yourself is have a nice warm Natural Ice, or the finest domestic out there, Icehouse.

Quote from: The Slak on December 20, 2006, 12:57:05 PM
We should change the thread title to Bad. Beer.

But I'll steer us back, I love me some Newcastle. Yum.

Why, I just enjoyed a fine Newcastle a few nights back myself.  That is what beer is.

My own input into this thread?  The greatest beer known to myself -- Warsteiner premium dunkel.  Go to war with Warsteiner.  Get dunked by the dunkel.

You should just not talk about beer.

Ha!  Well, friend.  You can just step right up and kiss my wah-toosie!  You must have missed the countless times where I've hollered at folks here and many other places for even mentioning light beer.  You must have missed the countless times where I've mentioned that I haven't drank in years.  You must have missed the countless times, ah, the f uck with it, you must have missed a lot.

The day a beer elitist chirps to me, to me!, about the finer points of alcoholic intake, well, it sure as shit ain't going to be today.  Suck a Keystone, good sir.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2006, 11:46:30 AM »
Quote from: CPT on December 21, 2006, 10:25:58 AM
Quote from: The Slak on December 21, 2006, 09:22:21 AM

Beat it nerd.

We are not!  We're just bookish.

We do love books.

forkserker

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2006, 11:47:10 AM »

If Margaret Meade came back, as long as she brought some mead, I'm not sure anyone would give a shit.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2006, 11:48:31 AM »
Sam Adams beer tastes like soap.  My mother used to make me wash my mouth with Lifeboy
Life is too short to be a Cub fan