News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 634,502 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1770 on: December 29, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 29, 2009, 10:19:57 PM
What's up geniuses?

The wife and I are being gifted a new sectional couch of our choosing. Anyone have any tips on where to look for the best quality couches in Chicago? Price isn't a huge factor but if you know some place that has really good service and quality, long lasting couches that'd be swell.

Aren't you moving?  Moving furniture sucks.  You should just gift me your gift of a couch.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1771 on: December 29, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »
Quote from: Pre on December 29, 2009, 10:31:47 PM
What's up geniuses?

The wife and I are being gifted a new sectional couch of our choosing. Anyone have any tips on where to look for the best quality couches in Chicago? Price isn't a huge factor but if you know some place that has really good service and quality, long lasting couches that'd be swell.

Aren't you moving?  Moving furniture sucks.  You should just gift me your gift of a couch.

I'm not moving for at least a couple years.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1772 on: December 29, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »
The wife and I are being gifted a new sectional couch of our choosing.

What happens if you don't choose a sectional?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1773 on: December 29, 2009, 11:52:30 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 29, 2009, 10:59:01 PM

The 5th circle of hell awaits.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1774 on: December 30, 2009, 12:02:11 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 29, 2009, 11:52:30 PM

Perfect!

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1775 on: December 30, 2009, 06:44:57 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 29, 2009, 11:52:30 PM

We've bought a bunch of stuff from Roy's on Sheffield. Reasonably priced, good quality stuff that absorbs farts pretty well.

http://www.roysfurniturecompany.com/

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1776 on: December 30, 2009, 08:02:17 AM »
What's up geniuses?

I've been farting into my Ethan Allen sofa for 10 years now, and it pretty much still looks like new.

Room & Board has decent stuff as well.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1777 on: December 30, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »
We bought a leather sectional at Toms-Price five or six years ago for the mobile home.  We also just bought a kitchen table there as well.  Pretty good prices and customer service.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1778 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 22, 2009, 10:26:14 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on December 21, 2009, 04:57:33 PM
The cat's been placed, but I can still get you a deal on a long-suffering dog.

I'd take him in a heartbeat if I didn't have my hands full with the beagles.  That's an awesome dog.

Time makes even bronze grow old.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1779 on: January 08, 2010, 03:32:46 PM »
I hope this isn't DRLP in this novel of a thread, but does anyone know a good disk eraser for Windows?  I used one several years back that had a couple different settings, for FBI, DoD, CIA levels of security, and Googling "disk eraser" and "disk wipe" and the like haven't turned it up.  Any suggestions?  We're reinstalling Windows from scratch on my brother's computer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1780 on: January 08, 2010, 03:42:58 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on January 08, 2010, 03:32:46 PM
I hope this isn't DRLP in this novel of a thread, but does anyone know a good disk eraser for Windows?  I used one several years back that had a couple different settings, for FBI, DoD, CIA levels of security, and Googling "disk eraser" and "disk wipe" and the like haven't turned it up.  Any suggestions?  We're reinstalling Windows from scratch on my brother's computer.

I can't give you a specific recommendation, but anything that does multi-pass is overkill (or a gimmick for people who are paid by the hour). One pass of zeroing is sufficient to prevent anyone from recovering your data. Especially considering you'll be overwriting the drive afterward with the new install of the OS and data.

Edit: This should do it: http://www.dban.org/

Edit2: Wait, do you want to wipe the data, or do you just want to reformat?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1781 on: January 08, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »
Free video editing software?

I want to make a video out of a series of photos and set music to it. I'd like it to go through the photos fast.

For actual videos, I wouldn't mind merging a couple. Just putting one at the end of another.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1782 on: January 08, 2010, 04:01:01 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 08, 2010, 03:57:56 PM

I want to make a video out of a series of photos and set music to it. I'd like it to go through the photos fast.

For actual videos, I wouldn't mind merging a couple. Just putting one at the end of another.

Can you post your montage on desipio when finished?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1783 on: January 08, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 08, 2010, 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: C-C-Cats on January 08, 2010, 03:32:46 PM

I can't give you a specific recommendation, but anything that does multi-pass is overkill (or a gimmick for people who are paid by the hour). One pass of zeroing is sufficient to prevent anyone from recovering your data. Especially considering you'll be overwriting the drive afterward with the new install of the OS and data.

Edit: This should do it: http://www.dban.org/

Edit2: Wait, do you want to wipe the data, or do you just want to reformat?

Both, I suppose.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1784 on: January 08, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 08, 2010, 04:01:01 PM
Quote from: Yeti on January 08, 2010, 03:57:56 PM

Can you post your montage on desipio when finished?

If you give me the link to some free shit, I might. Just for you