News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Josh Vitters is, um, like, awesome  ( 32,338 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Josh Vitters is, um, like, awesome
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2009, 11:47:07 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 02, 2009, 11:45:57 AM
If I new somebody was going to sweep up after me, I wouldn't even bother to get up and go to the bathroom.

he said sweep, not mop/shovel.

Figured you new that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »
Depends on how long you let it sit there before you try to clean it up.

cubbiekidd22

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2009, 10:20:47 PM »
Saw him play a couple times this year in Peoria, and he doesn't walk cause he swings at about every pitch like Nomar used to.  Makes contact a lot, but is not the most selective guy, granted he is still very young.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2009, 10:07:48 AM »
I just watched Daytona for four straight games, and Hendry waits until the very next day to promote Vitters.  JIM MUST GO
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2009, 12:46:36 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on June 30, 2009, 10:07:48 AM
I just watched Daytona for four straight games, and Hendry waits until the very next day to promote Vitters.  JIM MUST GO

PITTSBURGH -- The Cubs promoted two first-round draft picks, sending third baseman Josh Vitters from Class-A Peoria to their advanced Class-A Daytona team, and right-hander Andrew Cashner from Daytona to Double-A Tennessee.

Vitters, the No. 1 pick from '07, hit .316 at Peoria with 15 home runs and 46 RBIs in 70 games. Cashner, the No. 1 pick in '08, had a 1.50 earned-run average in 12 starts. He's pitched only 42 innings, as the Cubs are going slowly in his conversion from reliever.

Also promoted to Daytona from Peoria was right-hander Chris Carpenter, who, like Vitters, was also a Midwest League All-Star.
uote]
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:07 PM »
I hereby reserve the right to claim that the DAMN FOOL KUBBIEZ screwed Vitters' development by promoting him too fast.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »
DPD. The Bears suck balls, so let's distract ourselves with some irrational prospect optimism. Starlin Castro (.985 OPS) and Vitters (.881 OPS) are both playing well in the small-sample wonderland of the Arizona Fall League.

And Starlin got the full Muskat treatment last week.

QuoteDave Keller, the Cubs' Minor League hitting coordinator, projects Castro will be with the big league club by the middle of the 2010 season. How does he know? One of the projects Keller assigns to the Minor Leaguers is to keep a journal. He doesn't want to read that they went 2-for-4 that day, but Keller asks that they describe their feelings, either at the plate or in the field or on the bench. The journals must be handwritten. Castro, who wrote his in Spanish, was organized and to the point, Keller said.

Studies show that baseball players who can write words are ten times more likely to become All-Stars.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2009, 03:39:09 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 26, 2009, 03:17:17 PM
DPD. The Bears suck balls, so let's distract ourselves with some irrational prospect optimism. Starlin Castro (.985 OPS) and Vitters (.881 OPS) are both playing well in the small-sample wonderland of the Arizona Fall League.

QuoteDave Keller, the Cubs' Minor League hitting coordinator, projects Castro will be with the big league club by the middle of the 2010 season. How does he know? One of the projects Keller assigns to the Minor Leaguers is to keep a journal. He doesn't want to read that they went 2-for-4 that day, but Keller asks that they describe their feelings, either at the plate or in the field or on the bench. The journals must be handwritten. Castro, who wrote his in Spanish, was organized and to the point, Keller said.

Studies show that baseball players who can write words are ten times more likely to become All-Stars.

Mark DeRosa went to an Ivy League school which proves everything. Brawn and brains.

Mark DeRosa.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »

How dare you.  The AFL never lies.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »

Hey, let's not and say we did.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »
Quote from: B-B-Bears on October 26, 2009, 03:55:26 PM

Thanks

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 26, 2009, 04:55:58 PM
Quote from: B-B-Bears on October 26, 2009, 03:55:26 PM

Thanks

Three HRs? They don't have fences on the fields in that league?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »

I'm just impressed that Castro could write that whole journal in Spanish.  Does he speak or write any other languages?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2009, 07:36:10 AM »
I'm impressed that this little fucker's name is "Starlin."
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 27, 2009, 07:36:10 AM
I'm impressed that this little fucker's name is "Starlin."

Why?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.