News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,713 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #1530 on: June 15, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 15, 2012, 01:39:59 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 15, 2012, 01:18:52 PM
"our team, city, and beloved Chicago Bears."

Good thing it wasn't English homework.

Yeah... I see nothing wrong with that at all.

"our team, [our] city, and [our] beloved Chicago Bears."

Unless he's speaking about the animals at Lincoln Park Zoo when he says Chicago Bears or he's pulling for the Ragin Cajuns' when he says "our team," that's clearly a redundancy.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1531 on: June 15, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 15, 2012, 01:48:48 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 15, 2012, 01:39:59 PM

Yeah... I see nothing wrong with that at all.

"our team, [our] city, and [our] beloved Chicago Bears."

Unless he's speaking about the animals at Lincoln Park Zoo when he says Chicago Bears or he's pulling for the Ragin Cajuns' when he says "our team," that's clearly a redundancy.

Interesting...
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1532 on: June 15, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 15, 2012, 12:37:45 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 15, 2012, 11:34:26 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 14, 2012, 11:19:52 PM
Bump...

Quote from: MAD on September 25, 2009, 02:50:33 PM
P'NUT

Dude ain't no honkey-ass, whitebread Charles Schultz creation, and I don't care how his big momma spell it.

Peanut disagrees:

He's hip-hop, bro.

Meatball math homework via.

QuoteMy math teacher assigned the above question, and Peanut was promoting his charity at my dad's running store. I was doing my homework, saw the question and realized it was perfect. I asked for just an autograph on the homework, but being the awesome individual he is, he wrote this gem. My teacher could not stop laughing. I got outta homework for a whole week thanks to good ol' number 33.

Tillman to the rescue.  I wouldn't have the first inkling of how to go about solving that problem.

.2 * .2 * .2 * .2 = 0.0016
1 - (.8 * .8 * .8 * .8) = 0.5904

0.16% chance the Bears sweep the four games.
59% chance the Bears win at least one in four.

I have a fever and a cough today yet I'm stuck at my desk where I'm a lamer duck than an outgoing president at 8 am January 20. And PenFoe has been destroying me at Words With Friends, so I'm a little cantankerous and want to point out the inanity of this question.

If the Packers have an .800 record (suppose they are 8-2 after 10 games), then you can say they have a 41% chance of winning the next four games against average opponents. Nowhere is there mention of trends, or quality of opponents or any Boolean values generated by the samples determining the Packers have an 80% chance of winning, and other statfag things that only nerds like Bill James, Billy Beane and Theo Epstink care about.

You also must factor in the records of the teams Green Bay played, the records of the teams the Bears played, the location of the games, the date of the games, significant injuries, whether Omiyale is at LT, whether Cutler has his legs and hands intact, the week's cheese product out of Wisconsin, the ph value of Mark Chmura's hottub, the number of players listed on Charles Martin's towel, the Vicodin and celldong photos of any past starting quarterback, the mileage to the FedEx store closest to Miller Park open past 5 pm on a Friday, and the Pantone value of Mike Ditka's skin tone.

Once this is all packaged up, and Jimmy the Greek used to do a good job of this, you look at the numbers and say: "After the game is over, the Bears spend the night in Chicago and the Packers spend theirs in Greater Green Bay."

I think by this standard, the Bears are undefeated.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1533 on: June 15, 2012, 03:18:56 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1535 on: June 18, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »

Good thing, indeed.  I would then ask why the obvious trailing comma after "The Packers, being a much better team," was omitted.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.