News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,594 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1695 on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 24, 2012, 09:59:48 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 24, 2012, 09:41:51 AM
More on insignificance. In short, the Bulls are basically a small-market team. You know, despite being the most profitable franchise in the NBA over the last 20 years.

Aren't the bulls paying a luxury tax this year? That's what is really sad, how horrible the bulls are at being cheap.

Yeah, though I think they can possibly get out of it with an in-season move to drop some salary. Fingers crossed!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1697 on: August 02, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1698 on: September 13, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »
Quote from: K.C. Johnson
Pretty surreal moment at DRose shoe launch presser. adidas talked about Return ad campaign and DRose couldn't speak, overcome with emotion.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1699 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 13, 2012, 11:15:41 AM
Pretty surreal moment at DRose shoe launch presser. adidas talked about Return ad campaign and DRose couldn't speak, overcome with emotion.

It's going to suck when he realizes he won't ever have the talent in Chicago to win a championship and decides to go to another team to win it all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1700 on: September 14, 2012, 09:08:05 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 13, 2012, 11:45:54 AM

It's going to suck when he realizes he won't ever have the talent in Chicago to win a championship and decides to go to another team to win it all.

:(
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1701 on: September 14, 2012, 09:14:22 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2012, 09:08:05 AM
Quote from: BH on September 13, 2012, 11:45:54 AM

:(

I'm already picturing Rose in a Laker jersey to fill their void once Kobe retires. 

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1702 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:35 AM »

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1703 on: October 02, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 27, 2012, 09:38:35 AM
WTF

I know they're not actually trying for the lottery but it might just work out. #bullieve
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1704 on: October 02, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
Thibbs extended 4 more years. Good deal.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1705 on: January 21, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
No one posts in here, huh?  I think this is my first post on this specific board.  This is good stuff, though.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1706 on: January 22, 2016, 10:11:44 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2016, 05:01:38 PM
No one posts in here, huh?  I think this is my first post on this specific board.  This is good stuff, though.

Well, there's already a post for Johnny Bach, so that would have been a good place to post this.

Or in the current Bulls thread that people are (somewhat) using.

But this is definitely the 3rd best choice.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1707 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 22, 2016, 10:11:44 AM

Well, there's already a post for Johnny Bach, so that would have been a good place to post this.

I thought he meant that nobody posts in the On-Hoops forum anymore and his reasoning was that Bulls are insignificant right now. And he was right so he posted here.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1708 on: January 22, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 22, 2016, 10:29:43 AM

I thought he meant that nobody posts in the On-Hoops forum anymore and his reasoning was that Bulls are insignificant right now. And he was right so he posted here.

For a team with a new coach, playing 7 games over .500, a pretty/potentially exciting rookie in Bobby Portis, a top player entering his prime in Jimmy Butler, the Bulls are indeed pretty uninteresting.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1709 on: January 22, 2016, 11:08:40 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 22, 2016, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 22, 2016, 10:29:43 AM

For a team with a new coach, playing 7 games over .500, a pretty/potentially exciting rookie in Bobby Portis, a top player entering his prime in Jimmy Butler, the Bulls are indeed pretty uninteresting.

Now that Noah's dead I feel better about following them. I even bought a pair of Bulls socks with the cursive "Chicago" logo on them. But they're a tough watch. Derrick Rose is one of the worst starters in the NBA and he still thinks he's something. Besides Butler they don't have one single dude who can make an oh my holy shit wow play, while even teams like the Hawks and Raptors have a few. To me, the hardest team in the Eastern Conference playoff picture to watch is the Boston Celtics. There is NOTHING on the court that grabs your attention and I just get downright pissed off about their chippy, overly-agressive, borderline dirty play. They've got a great coach who is getting everything he can out of a turdbowl of a roster and they can't be tolerated on my League Pass schedule ever. Unless they're playing the Cavs or Warriors it's a non-starter for me. The Bulls are almost at that level and they're on my cable TV EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. When TNT or ESPN has the Bulls on the schedule I die a little bit inside.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.