News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,590 )

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 02:30:14 AM »
I'm hearing Carlisle might go to the Bucks, so there's hope.

Or is there?

Yah mo B there!

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »
Quote from: KD on April 15, 2008, 02:30:14 AM
I'm hearing Carlisle might go to the Bucks, so there's hope.

Or is there?

Who are your top choices for the Bulls job?

(I'm hoping for another free mini-column)

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »
I don't have a mini-column in me, I'm sick as tits and was actually guilt-tripped into going to the ER soon after I wrote that post up there. I don't really know who I'd want, all the ex-head coaches have bushels of caveats and mitigating factors (Carlisle would get the Bulls defending again, but he doesn't know how to run a high-speed offense, and that's what Chicago has to be; that's when it was at its best under Skiles).

There are a ton of assistants that I like, but with someone who's never run a team, and no proof to build off of (save for the occasional three quarters of coaching after, say, Gregg Popovich gets two Ts) Paxson's guesses are as good as mine.

Yah mo B there!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2008, 10:08:26 AM »
Well, that train wreck of a season is finally over. I don't know about you guys but I think Aaron Gray can put up that 19 and 22 every night next season if he dedicates himself to his craft.

In case you are an idiot and don't read KD over on Yahoo:

QuoteHere's what Chicago's starting lineup should look like next year:

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Tyrus Thomas
C: Joakim Noah

Bring Aaron Gray (19 points and 22 rebounds) and Ben Gordon off the bench, banish Larry Hughes (1-6 tonight, 38 percent shooting on the season) to the end of the pine, trade Andres Nocioni for a lower-rung draft pick and potential cap relief that can be spent on re-signing the parts to what could be a special, special team.

Find a coach. Find a real coach. Show the coach a tape of this game. Understand that Noah and Thomas are this team's two best passers, and run things through those two. Drink in the potential and watch as it works when you give players consistent minutes and roles they can count on. Watch 55 wins pile up.

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »
Quote from: RV on April 17, 2008, 10:08:26 AM
Well, that train wreck of a season is finally over. I don't know about you guys but I think Aaron Gray can put up that 19 and 22 every night next season if he dedicates himself to his craft.

Bring Aaron Gray (19 points and 22 rebounds) and Ben Gordon off the bench, banish Larry Hughes (1-6 tonight, 38 percent shooting on the season) to the end of the pine, trade Andres Nocioni for a lower-rung draft pick and potential cap relief that can be spent on re-signing the parts to what could be a special, special team.

Find a coach. Find a real coach. Show the coach a tape of this game. Understand that Noah and Thomas are this team's two best passers, and run things through those two. Drink in the potential and watch as it works when you give players consistent minutes and roles they can count on. Watch 55 wins pile up.

Saw that.  Pretty much agreed with it.  The parts I didn't agree with, I made myself agree with, because KD knows a lot more about basketball than me.

I still can't shake the feeling that the Bulls should be able to do better than Kirk Hinrich. 

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2008, 10:46:43 AM »
I hate Kurt Hinrich.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 17, 2008, 10:46:43 AM
I hate Kurt Hinrich.

Cool. Who is that?

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 11:31:10 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 17, 2008, 11:26:24 AM
Quote from: Mike D on April 17, 2008, 10:46:43 AM
I hate Kurt Hinrich.

Cool. Who is that?

He's Kirk's brother.

And Kirk happens to be worse than Kurt.

In fact I'm convinced Kirk is worse than Khalid El-Amin.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2008, 10:04:50 PM »
Quote from: EG on April 17, 2008, 10:19:05 AM

Saw that.  Pretty much agreed with it.  The parts I didn't agree with, I made myself agree with, because KD knows a lot more about basketball than me.

I still can't shake the feeling that the Bulls should be able to do better than Kirk Hinrich. 

They could, but I don't see anyone taking on Hinrich's salary at this point. Any trade involving Kirk would likely result in a lesser talent being brought aboard to run things.

Yah mo B there!

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2008, 05:45:47 AM »
Quote from: KD on April 17, 2008, 10:04:50 PM
Quote from: EG on April 17, 2008, 10:19:05 AM

They could, but I don't see anyone taking on Hinrich's salary at this point. Any trade involving Kirk would likely result in a lesser talent being brought aboard to run things.

Thank Gord Isiah is jobless. I kept thinking Hinrich would wind up in MSG.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »
ESPN thinks D'Antoni will eventually wind up with the Bulls.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Monday night that Bulls general manager John Paxson came away from two interviews with D'Antoni in Phoenix impressed and seriously interested in the coach who wants to leave the Suns in part because of a tense working relationship with Paxson's good friend Steve Kerr.

Sources in both organizations openly expect D'Antoni to wind up in Chicago now -- with one Phoenix source going so far as to describe a deal as "imminent" -- but it's believed that financial complications account for the one obstacle that could derail his move from the desert to the Windy City.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 07:17:02 PM »
Quote from: EG on May 06, 2008, 08:59:46 AM
ESPN thinks D'Antoni will eventually wind up with the Bulls.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Monday night that Bulls general manager John Paxson came away from two interviews with D'Antoni in Phoenix impressed and seriously interested in the coach who wants to leave the Suns in part because of a tense working relationship with Paxson's good friend Steve Kerr.

Sources in both organizations openly expect D'Antoni to wind up in Chicago now -- with one Phoenix source going so far as to describe a deal as "imminent" -- but it's believed that financial complications account for the one obstacle that could derail his move from the desert to the Windy City.
The knicks are throwing 6 mil a year at him.  No way Reinsdorf matches that.  Will he take money to coach a better team?