News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,368 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #645 on: January 27, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 27, 2010, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: R-V on January 27, 2010, 08:35:33 AM
As much as I'd like for it to hai, I just don't see Lebron, Wade or Bosh coming here. Dumb question: would it be possible for the Bulls to get two free agents this offseason? How about Boozer and Joe Johnson

To get two max or near-max guys, I think they'd have to move both Kirk and Deng.  There might be other ways, but that's the quickest way for them to create cap room.

One of my biggest wishes is that they'd find someone to take Luol. I don't see it happening but it'd be huuuuuuuuuuge.

Joe Johnson is my guy. I want to see him wearing a Bulls jersey next year. That's mainly because I have no delusions that they'll end up getting one of the big 3.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #646 on: January 27, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 27, 2010, 09:11:01 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 27, 2010, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: R-V on January 27, 2010, 08:35:33 AM
As much as I'd like for it to hai, I just don't see Lebron, Wade or Bosh coming here. Dumb question: would it be possible for the Bulls to get two free agents this offseason? How about Boozer and Joe Johnson

To get two max or near-max guys, I think they'd have to move both Kirk and Deng.  There might be other ways, but that's the quickest way for them to create cap room.

One of my biggest wishes is that they'd find someone to take Luol. I don't see it happening but it'd be huuuuuuuuuuge.

Joe Johnson is my guy. I want to see him wearing a Bulls jersey next year. That's mainly because I have no delusions that they'll end up getting one of the big 3.

Pretty good roundup from Mike McGraw. Hopefully this works out:

QuoteThe Bulls' dream scenario is to sign Dwyane Wade or Atlanta's Joe Johnson this summer and also trade for an elite power forward.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #647 on: January 27, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »
Here's a good breakdown of the Bulls' salaries and what would need to happen to sign max guys in the summer:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-bulls-confidential/2010/01/potential-2010-bulls-salaries.html

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #648 on: February 08, 2010, 08:28:43 AM »
So Tyrus' trade value is approximately zero, right?

QuoteTeam sources said Thomas directed a profanity-laced tirade at coach Vinny Del Negro in his office with players and coaches within earshot after Friday night's loss in Atlanta, the third straight game Thomas had played less than 16 minutes.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #649 on: February 08, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 08, 2010, 08:28:43 AM

QuoteTeam sources said Thomas directed a profanity-laced tirade at coach Vinny Del Negro in his office with players and coaches within earshot after Friday night's loss in Atlanta, the third straight game Thomas had played less than 16 minutes.

I'm going to blame Vinny because it's more fun. I think someone would still take Tyrus because he's good and someone could actually play him big boy minutes. But as long as Vinny is here he'll never get a shot to be anything more than what he is now.

Nice work Vin.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #650 on: February 08, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 08, 2010, 08:28:43 AM

Holy fucking balls is Jim Hendry running the Bulls now?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #651 on: February 09, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
Interesting stuff about the dropoff for SGs (like Joe Johnson) once they're on the wrong side of 30.

http://www.blogabull.com/2010/2/8/1300945/what-can-we-expect-from-joe-johnson

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #652 on: February 09, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 09, 2010, 08:49:32 AM
Interesting stuff about the dropoff for SGs (like Joe Johnson) once they're on the wrong side of 30.

I saw that and thought it was really good analysis.  But even knowing all that, I'd lean toward Johnson being a worthwhile signing if they can't land LeBron, Wade or Bosh.  You'd likely get good-to-great value through the first three years of the deal, the fourth could be bad, but then he'd be a great trade asset in the fifth year of his deal as an expiring.

If Joe Johnson ends up being the only "prize" from this summer, I'll be disappointed.  A lineup of Rose/Johnson/Deng/Taj/Noah is probably good for 50 wins, but it's not going to win a championship.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #653 on: February 09, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 09, 2010, 09:24:26 AM

I saw that and thought it was really good analysis.  But even knowing all that, I'd lean toward Johnson being a worthwhile signing if they can't land LeBron, Wade or Bosh.  You'd likely get good-to-great value through the first three years of the deal, the fourth could be bad, but then he'd be a great trade asset in the fifth year of his deal as an expiring.

If Joe Johnson ends up being the only "prize" from this summer, I'll be disappointed.  A lineup of Rose/Johnson/Deng/Taj/Noah is probably good for 50 wins, but it's not going to win a championship.

Agreed on all points. I'm just preparing everyone for Chuck inevitably dropping in here 4 years from now to call him Joefonso Soriohnson.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #654 on: February 09, 2010, 10:19:53 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 09, 2010, 09:38:52 AM

Agreed on all points. I'm just preparing everyone for Chuck inevitably dropping in here 4 years from now to call him Joefonso Soriohnson.

A potential long term contract for Joe Johnson had me immediately thinking of Aldolpho Soriano.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #655 on: February 09, 2010, 11:06:06 AM »

Keep in mind there should be a new CBA in place at that point, and one of the things that I have read the owners will be looking for is to shorten the guarantee on a contract.  For instance, you can still sign a 6 year contract, but only the first three years would be guaranteed.  Something to pay attention to. 

I'll hang up and wait for KD to fix what I wrote.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #656 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »

What do you know?  Your fantasy basketball team is the absolute worst.  It's a pit stain on an old white tshirt.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #657 on: February 09, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2010, 12:25:20 PM

What do you know?  Your fantasy basketball team is the absolute worst.  It's a pit stain on an old white tshirt.

I'm just going to do what CT did in Fantasy Cousin Licking - never do anything and then claim victory months after the season ends.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #658 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 09, 2010, 01:23:54 PM

I'm just going to do what CT did in Fantasy Cousin Licking - never do anything and then claim victory months after the season ends.

You probably played soccer, too, and got really excited aboot participation trophies.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #659 on: February 09, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2010, 02:11:16 PM
Quote from: R-V on February 09, 2010, 01:23:54 PM

You probably played soccer, too, and got really excited aboot participation trophies.

Just be glad I didn't sign up to dominate Neckar again this year.