News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Breaking Bad  ( 42,418 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 17, 2015, 11:09:04 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 17, 2015, 09:31:16 AM
Quote from: Slaky on February 17, 2015, 08:49:01 AM
This is good. I'm finally watching this. I have never watched it before.

Finished season 1 in a couple days.

I also just started this. This show is good. What's really underrated seems to the black humor. I mean it's tense as it can get sometimes, and the story is bleak as hell, but was I the only one who fucking lost it when that tub of human goo crashed through the floor?

No.

Marie and I are both amazed at how funny the show is. I'm waiting for it to get even darker and bleaker based on the comments I've read over the years as people live tweeted their reactions to the show.

I'm not upset I waited this long to watch though because I bet most people are like "damn I wish I could watch it again for the first time" well guess what fuckos you can't.

I intentionally waited because I knew I was gonna want to binge watch the ever-loving shit out of it, so I wanted to wait till all five seasons were on netflix. I was not wrong.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 17, 2015, 11:15:27 AM

I also just started this. This show is good. What's really underrated seems to the black humor. I mean it's tense as it can get sometimes, and the story is bleak as hell, but was I the only one who fucking lost it when that tub of human goo crashed through the floor?

No.

Marie and I are both amazed at how funny the show is. I'm waiting for it to get even darker and bleaker based on the comments I've read over the years as people live tweeted their reactions to the show.

I'm not upset I waited this long to watch though because I bet most people are like "damn I wish I could watch it again for the first time" well guess what fuckos you can't.

I intentionally waited because I knew I was gonna want to binge watch the ever-loving shit out of it, so I wanted to wait till all five seasons were on netflix. I was not wrong.

Same here. I never had to wait once.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »

No.

You could if you had my memory retention.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »

I'm one of those fuckos, because I almost posted that.  DAMN YOU GUYS.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »

No.

Worst part about having a friend go through it is that you really can't talk too in depth with them. I mean, you remember the big things, and you'll know when they pass it, but some of the smaller details get lost in time and you don't want to inadvertently give some spoilers

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:53 PM »
I'm just about done with my rewatch with Eldest Murton. The foreshadowing hidden in there is amazing.  Still works very well.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2015, 12:50:06 PM »
I was surprised that there were tits in the 1st episode and also the amount of "fucks" said. Did they bleep on AMC?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2015, 02:36:48 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 17, 2015, 12:50:06 PM
I was surprised that there were tits in the 1st episode and also the amount of "fucks" said. Did they bleep on AMC?

I don't remember!

I watched the first three seasons live and then binge-watched the last few seasons. There were times I had to stop watching for awhile because it was too intense. I'd think about going back in and watching several episodes but I'd hold off and watch a bunch of basketball or something just to keep from dealing with it.

Better call Saul has so much more levity to it. I keep rewinding it and laughing my ass off. Don't think I ever did that with Breaking Bad. Not even the bathtub part.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »

Yes. There is a "bleeped and bra" version as well that runs about 6 minutes shorter. I believe that version also edits out the "Ebay scene." 

After the pilot, the fucks were limited to two or three per season and were all bleeped.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2015, 03:46:56 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 17, 2015, 03:02:57 PM

Yes. There is a "bleeped and bra" version as well that runs about 6 minutes shorter. I believe that version also edits out the "Ebay scene." 

After the pilot, the fucks were limited to two or three per season and were all bleeped.

I was about to say IFT was unbleeped, but a google search for Sepinwall's recap says no. I guess that's the benefit of watching via Netflix

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2015, 01:43:17 PM »
The part with the meth heads and that dirty kid watching tv by himself. Jesus that was sad. Fuck that.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 20, 2015, 01:43:17 PM
The part with the meth heads and that dirty kid watching tv by himself. Jesus that was sad. Fuck that.

Don't forget: Ain't no skank.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
About to finish season 2 - finally getting into the Pollos section of the show.

Now that Jesse's turned that poor girl back into a raging smackhead I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel. I guess...you guys kind of hate all the people on this show and that's just how it is? Saul rules, though.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2015, 10:25:02 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 23, 2015, 09:55:30 AM

Now that Jesse's turned that poor girl back into a raging smackhead I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel. I guess...you guys kind of hate all the people on this show and that's just how it is? Saul rules, though.

Jane is awesome.  Did you recognize the actor who plays her dad?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 23, 2015, 10:25:02 AM
Quote from: Slaky on February 23, 2015, 09:55:30 AM

Jane is awesome.  Did you recognize the actor who plays her dad?

No because I don't watch Star Trek