News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem  ( 59,292 )

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
Mark Prior - Someone else's problem
« on: February 08, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »
QuoteThe season hasn't even started and they're already falling into the trap. Prior is always on the verge of returning, always just a little bit away from finally putting his health problems behind him and turning the corner on his career. Sure, maybe he'll return in early May, but it's more likely he'll have a setback just as things are looking good, and then another one, and then he'll get frustrated and probably pitch through more pain than he lets on and next thing you know it's 2009 and we're starting over.

It's not surprising that Prior "looks good" at rehab -- that's what he does these days. It's actually pitching in games that Padres fans shouldn't hold their breath for.

He is a certified simlated pro.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
I made the Ratto-digested comment that if this fuckstain pitches before Memorial Day that all of the Prior defenders can eat my ass.  Well, Kerm took offense to that and, to his credit, later issued his own mea culpa when he witnessed first-hand Jim Hendry calling  Prior out for being a namby-pamby who wanted to weasel out of Chicago in the worst way.  Had Kerm not not gone all John "Bulldog" Drummond for that scoop, then this would be the day when I would tell all of the Prior defenders to eat my ass since the whole negotiation with him revolved around the presumption that he'd hardly pitch this year.

I think I hate this guy more than Matt Morris.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:16:44 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on February 08, 2008, 04:30:11 PM
I made the Ratto-digested comment that if this fuckstain pitches before Memorial Day that all of the Prior defenders can eat my ass.  Well, Kerm took offense to that and, to his credit, later issued his own mea culpa when he witnessed first-hand Jim Hendry calling  Prior out for being a namby-pamby who wanted to weasel out of Chicago in the worst way.  Had Kerm not not gone all John "Bulldog" Drummond for that scoop, then this would be the day when I would tell all of the Prior defenders to eat my ass since the whole negotiation with him revolved around the presumption that he'd hardly pitch this year.

I still don't understand why anybody would want to eat Mike's ass.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 08, 2008, 05:16:44 PM

Because it's Lent.
+=

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 08, 2008, 05:16:44 PM

Want's got nothing to do with it, my friend.  It's punishment for making my ass angry.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »

I said I'm sorry.  Quit spiking the ball!
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
Bump.

This is shocking news.

Quote[Bud] Black said there "is no word" on when Mark Prior, who recently experienced a setback with his surgically repaired right shoulder, will return to the mound.

01/20/2013

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 04:12:04 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 26, 2008, 03:06:51 PM
Bump.

This is shocking news.

Quote[Bud] Black said there "is no word" on when Mark Prior, who recently experienced a setback with his surgically repaired right shoulder, will return to the mound.

To quote Edna Krabappel:

Hah!

(or is it Krandell?)

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »
Here's a shot of the setback:

"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 26, 2008, 03:06:51 PM
Bump.

This is shocking news.

No word? How about "never".

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
Prior weighs in on his latest throwing session:

QuoteMark Prior threw a bullpen session this weekend at Petco Park and came away feeling good -- mentally as well as physically. But he can't project when he'll be able to pitch.

"I'm not alone," said Prior. "There is no rehab precedent for the type of surgery I had. I had a combination of a couple things done. It's about getting healthy. I want to get back into pitching situations. But if I'm not healthy, there are no more situations."

Neither Prior nor the Padres are talking in terms of June 1 anymore.

Is it petty to enjoy this?

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »
Quote from: EG on April 30, 2008, 09:20:07 AM

QuoteMark Prior threw a bullpen session this weekend at Petco Park and came away feeling good -- mentally as well as physically. But he can't project when he'll be able to pitch.

"I'm not alone," said Prior. "There is no rehab precedent for the type of surgery I had. I had a combination of a couple things done. It's about getting healthy. I want to get back into pitching situations. But if I'm not healthy, there are no more situations."

No, because it just reinforces that $3.25 million of the Cubs cash was far better spent somewhere else.  

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 09:25:15 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 30, 2008, 09:23:52 AM

No, because it just reinforces that $3.25MM of the Cubs cash was far better spent somewhere else.   

I think a lot of us are enjoying this.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »
"I'm not alone ...There is no rehab precedent..."

He's a big, dumb animal, folks.