News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 369,880 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #2100 on: July 29, 2014, 07:13:58 AM »
I'd enjoy one of those rhapsodizing about Dave Rosello's Afro.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2101 on: August 07, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
M'lady.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2102 on: August 08, 2014, 08:14:40 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 11, 2013, 11:11:30 AM
Further evidence that Kim is a big fan of the Al Yellon experience:

Ongoing:

Kim DeJesus favorited your Tweet
1h:  Still creeped out by at BleedCubbieBlue, huh? RT @KimDeJesus9: Wish I was at wrigley today :(
Kim DeJesus

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2103 on: August 26, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »
Gotta read this fellas. Gotta check out this piece and the comments. It might finally be happening. Al finally pissed off his idiot minions.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/8/26/6069113/jorge-soler-callup-cubs-news

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2104 on: August 26, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 26, 2014, 09:27:17 AM
Gotta read this fellas. Gotta check out this piece and the comments. It might finally be happening. Al finally pissed off his idiot minions.

So I'm not as much of an Al historian as some around here, but would I be correct to say in his ideal world, the Cubs would suck, all seats at Wrigley would be $10 and Al and the other 7 people at the ballpark could write romantic poems about being a part of history when the Cubs got no-hit?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2105 on: August 26, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 26, 2014, 09:37:28 AM

So I'm not as much of an Al historian as some around here, but would I be correct to say in his ideal world, the Cubs would suck, all seats at Wrigley would be $10 and Al and the other 7 40,000 people at the ballpark could write romantic poems about being a part of history when the Cubs got no-hit?

Yes, with that one correction.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2106 on: August 26, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »

In a way, this scares me.  Much as it's annoying that SB Nation dedicates so much bandwidth to that moron and the commesurate large following that such a spotlight brings, it also seems that as the majority of that large following have continued to follow Al through the years--indicating that they, too, are brainless drips-- that Al's site actually keeps them penned in, and away from sites that aren't so retarded.  

On the other hand, if they're collectively calling that dope on his shit, I suppose that's not a bad thing in any context.

I just wish to see that tool miserable and I guess losing the pool of people over whom he's lorded his condescension seems like it could do the trick.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2107 on: August 26, 2014, 10:38:41 AM »
I try to not waste too much energy on the dumb opinions of Al, but it's really something else for him to instruct people on how to FEEL about something. It's just sports, guy. If you're not going to get irrationally excited sometimes, what the hell is the point?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2108 on: August 26, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »

After blocking Chuck's 14 year-old son on Twitter yesterday and now this, Alvin's have a banner week.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2109 on: August 26, 2014, 10:59:25 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 26, 2014, 10:09:03 AM

In a way, this scares me.  Much as it's annoying that SB Nation dedicates so much bandwidth to that moron and the commesurate large following that such a spotlight brings, it also seems that as the majority of that large following have continued to follow Al through the years--indicating that they, too, are brainless drips-- that Al's site actually keeps them penned in, and away from sites that aren't so retarded.  

On the other hand, if they're collectively calling that dope on his shit, I suppose that's not a bad thing in any context.

I just wish to see that tool miserable and I guess losing the pool of people over whom he's lorded his condescension seems like it could do the trick.

I hope he dies the day before the Cubs win the World Series.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2110 on: August 26, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »
He just doesn't want us to hyperventilate. He really cares about us.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2111 on: August 26, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 26, 2014, 10:38:41 AM
I try to not waste too much energy on the dumb opinions of Al, but it's really something else for him to instruct people on how to FEEL about something. It's just sports, guy. If you're not going to get irrationally excited sometimes, what the hell is the point?

QuoteJust don't expect me to get all hyperventilated until there is actual success at the MLB level.

QuoteI'll have fun when there's a reason to have fun.

I have a hard time reconciling these statements with the fact that they're coming from a guy who's been sitting in the fucking bleachers for nearly every home game the Cubs have played for the last what, 3 decades?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2112 on: August 26, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 26, 2014, 11:10:50 AM

QuoteJust don't expect me to get all hyperventilated until there is actual success at the MLB level.

I have a hard time reconciling these statements with the fact that they're coming from a guy who's been sitting in the fucking bleachers for nearly every home game the Cubs have played for the last what, 3 decades?

I read his words in a Seymour Skinner voice

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2113 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 26, 2014, 01:37:44 PM

I read his words in a Seymour Skinner voice

Which Seymour Skinner?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2114 on: August 26, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »

So why in the living blue fuck would you pay 4 grand or whatever the hell it is to sit 400 feet from home plate 81 days a year for, if you're not having fun?
TIME TO POST!