News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 369,884 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #2160 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:18 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 26, 2015, 09:05:37 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 26, 2015, 08:57:02 AM
Quote2015 Cubs ZiPS Projections

QuoteYou probably won't like many of these.

QuoteI'm going to let you have at it rather than say anything really detailed here, except that the system doesn't appear to like batting average much at all.

QuoteIt's got Kris Bryant hitting 29 homers -- Rookie of the Year, right? -- except with a .226 BA.

QuoteJavier Baez is projected with 30 dingers, but to hit .215 (actually, that would be a huge improvement).

QuoteAnthony Rizzo, another 30-homer guy for the Cubs, says ZiPS -- except he'll hit .235

QuoteUPDATE: As pointed out in the comments, I divided hits by PA instead of looking at the actual numbers in the second chart.

It's 2015.  If BCB is your "only site"--or at least your first site, or go-to site or what have you-- you need to kill yourself.

This is my favorite Yellonism in a while. There's someone in the comments who points out his error and then Al says "cripes" and that it invalidated his entire post. I'm kind of surprised he didn't delete the entire thing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2161 on: January 26, 2015, 09:18:27 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 26, 2015, 09:11:18 AM

QuoteI'm going to let you have at it rather than say anything really detailed here, except that the system doesn't appear to like batting average much at all.

QuoteIt's got Kris Bryant hitting 29 homers -- Rookie of the Year, right? -- except with a .226 BA.

QuoteJavier Baez is projected with 30 dingers, but to hit .215 (actually, that would be a huge improvement).

QuoteAnthony Rizzo, another 30-homer guy for the Cubs, says ZiPS -- except he'll hit .235

QuoteUPDATE: As pointed out in the comments, I divided hits by PA instead of looking at the actual numbers in the second chart.

It's 2015.  If BCB is your "only site"--or at least your first site, or go-to site or what have you-- you need to kill yourself.

This is my favorite Yellonism in a while. There's someone in the comments who points out his error and then Al says "cripes" and that it invalidated his entire post. I'm kind of surprised he didn't delete the entire thing.

Everything about it is pretty great, from him fretting over a fairly useless stat like batting average (especially when looking at Bryant, Rizzo, and Baez, who all derive their value from their power and OBP in the case of Rizzo and Bryant more than anything else anyway) to saying the system must just "not like batting average" to eventually realizing he did it wrong anyway.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2162 on: January 26, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »

I would say that this is my favorite Yellonism of all-time but then I remember what a treasure trove of unintentional hilarity he's provided us through the years (the BCB shirt contest for a disease which Derek Lee's kid didn't even have, Cubs Anal etc.) and then I feel silly.

Still, though, this one's definitely in the team photo.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2163 on: January 26, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 26, 2015, 09:18:50 AM

I would say that this is my favorite Yellonism of all-time but then I remember what a treasure trove of unintentional hilarity he's provided us through the years (the BCB shirt contest for a disease which Derek Lee's kid didn't even have, Cubs Anal etc.) and then I feel silly.

Just when I think Alvin's schtick is in danger of going stale, he takes it to another level of inanity. His run of jaw (or soap)-droppingly terrible sports analysis is rivaling 90s Simpsons for pure, consistent humor.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2164 on: January 26, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 26, 2015, 01:25:46 PM

Just when I think Alvin's schtick is in danger of going stale, he takes it to another level of inanity. His run of jaw (or soap)-droppingly terrible sports analysis is rivaling 90s Simpsons for pure, consistent humor.

How many home games this season until he starts bitching that his precious left field perch isn't ready and there's no room for his brown bag bologna sandwich in terrace reserved. Zero?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2165 on: January 26, 2015, 05:02:35 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 26, 2015, 02:32:02 PM

It's 2015.  If BCB is your "only site"--or at least your first site, or go-to site or what have you-- you need to kill yourself.

How many home games this season until he starts bitching that his precious left field perch isn't ready and there's no room for his brown bag bologna sandwich in terrace reserved. Zero?

How many lap dances would we have to buy Tom Ricketts in order to get a rule passed that nobody is allowed to bring food from outside into the bleachers? Because I'd totes kick in for that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2166 on: January 26, 2015, 05:14:55 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 26, 2015, 05:02:35 PM

It's 2015.  If BCB is your "only site"--or at least your first site, or go-to site or what have you-- you need to kill yourself.

How many lap dances would we have to buy Tom Ricketts in order to get a rule passed that nobody is allowed to bring food from outside into the bleachers? Because I'd totes kick in for that.

But then how will I enjoy my delicious Bacci slice which I cram into my fanny pack?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2167 on: January 26, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 26, 2015, 05:14:55 PM
Quote from: Fork on January 26, 2015, 05:02:35 PM

But then how will I enjoy my delicious Bacci slice which I cram into my fanny pack?

You don't sit in the bleachers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2168 on: February 11, 2015, 02:25:15 PM »
Just pushing it to the top of the forum so whoever posts the latest Al-ism doesn't have to look for it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2169 on: February 11, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 11, 2015, 02:25:15 PM
Just pushing it to the top of the forum so whoever posts the latest Al-ism doesn't have to look for it.

If you can't trust the prospect evaluations of a guy named BeerCub's brother's anonymous ex-Cub sources, well, who can you trust?

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, that Al would grab the thinnest of reasons to accuse a latin player of being lazy and arrogant.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2170 on: February 11, 2015, 03:50:15 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 11, 2015, 02:27:07 PM

If you can't trust the prospect evaluations of a guy named BeerCub's brother's anonymous ex-Cub sources, well, who can you trust?

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, that Al would grab the thinnest of reasons to accuse a latin player of being lazy and arrogant.

Ok. So... what happened now?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2171 on: February 11, 2015, 04:02:33 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 11, 2015, 03:50:15 PM

Per the bleeding cub tweets thing, Al said in his spring training preview about Javy Baez that "some have said he is uncoachable" and something about how he's cockier than most even for an athlete.

Someone asked him what his source was for saying something so shitty, so he linked to a fanpost on his site where a fan named "BeerCub" posted a story about how his brother went to Cubs fantasy camp and some unnamed former Cubs told them about how Javy was an uncoachable shithead who was going to bust or something.

Then Al fought with his commenters for an hour that it was "an indisputable fact" that some people who have never been identified called Javy uncoachable, so it belonged in the article.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2172 on: February 11, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 11, 2015, 04:02:33 PM

Per the bleeding cub tweets thing, Al said in his spring training preview about Javy Baez that "some have said he is uncoachable" and something about how he's cockier than most even for an athlete.

Someone asked him what his source was for saying something so shitty, so he linked to a fanpost on his site where a fan named "BeerCub" posted a story about how his brother went to Cubs fantasy camp and some unnamed former Cubs told them about how Javy was an uncoachable shithead who was going to bust or something.

Then Al fought with his commenters for an hour that it was "an indisputable fact" that some people who have never been identified called Javy uncoachable, so it belonged in the article.

Well, I guess we know why Bill Mueller quit.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2173 on: February 11, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 11, 2015, 04:02:33 PM

I tried to read Judge Al's treatise on the rules of evidence.  "Access denied due to possible malware threat."  Sounds about right.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2174 on: March 06, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
March 6, 2015.   This day will live in infamy.  I just heard Len Casper praising BCB and Al Yellon.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)