News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 369,993 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #2205 on: July 27, 2015, 05:05:06 PM »
I witnessed one of the best pitching performances in recent history. And it really pissed me off. I wish Bryant would have poked that ball in the seats so Hamels had to stay out there and throw another 10-20 pitches. There was nary a Phillie even stretching in the pen. I wish he would have thrown 160 pitches and then gone to the emergency room for an IV and then visited Dr. Andrews next week.

Fuck him.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2206 on: July 27, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 27, 2015, 05:05:06 PM
I witnessed one of the best pitching performances in recent history. And it really pissed me off. I wish Bryant would have poked that ball in the seats so Hamels had to stay out there and throw another 10-20 pitches. There was nary a Phillie even stretching in the pen. I wish he would have thrown 160 pitches and then gone to the emergency room for an IV and then visited Dr. Andrews next week.

Fuck him.

This is how I feel. Fuck history.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2207 on: July 28, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 27, 2015, 11:05:23 PM

Fuck him.

One of my favorite moments in Wrigley Field was Tarzan Wallis breaking up a Tom Seaver no-hitter in the 9th with a triple, then the Cubs winning it in the 11th. Alvin can eat shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2208 on: July 28, 2015, 09:19:55 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 28, 2015, 08:43:16 AM

Fuck him.

One of my favorite moments in Wrigley Field was Tarzan Wallis breaking up a Tom Seaver no-hitter in the 9th with a triple, then the Cubs winning it in the 11th. Alvin can eat shit.

We have to include Brett in this too, because he said the same thing.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2209 on: July 29, 2015, 08:19:37 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 28, 2015, 09:19:55 PM

Fuck him.

Two shitburgers, coming up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2210 on: July 29, 2015, 08:40:09 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 29, 2015, 08:19:37 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 28, 2015, 09:19:55 PM

Fuck him.

Two shitburgers, coming up.

Can we also include people who say "all you can do is tip your cap!" when opposing pitchers do well? I refuse. i will tip no caps, sir.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2211 on: October 14, 2015, 10:15:29 AM »
Just thinking of this one today:
Some of you are excited about Kris Bryant and penciling him into the lineup in 2015 or 2016 ... the man isn't even signed yet and hasn't played a single professional game. Sure, he looks like a great talent and will likely succeed at the big-league level, but there are no guarantees.

I repeat, just so there is no misunderstanding: there are no guarantees with prospects. Sure, they look great now, and it appears that Theo & Co. have made good selections in their two years at this game. But if you think all of these players are going to be leading the Cubs to the postseason and the World Series in 2015, or 2016, or beyond, you have a better crystal ball than I do.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2212 on: October 14, 2015, 11:27:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 10:15:29 AM
Some of you are excited about Kris Bryant and penciling him into the lineup in 2015 or 2016 ... the man isn't even signed yet and hasn't played a single professional game. Sure, he looks like a great talent and will likely succeed at the big-league level, but there are no guarantees.

I repeat, just so there is no misunderstanding: there are no guarantees with prospects. Sure, they look great now, and it appears that Theo & Co. have made good selections in their two years at this game. But if you think all of these players are going to be leading the Cubs to the postseason and the World Series in 2015, or 2016, or beyond, you have a better crystal ball than I do.

After all his crimes Al is absolutely not allowed to enjoy this run.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2213 on: October 14, 2015, 11:29:57 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 14, 2015, 11:27:11 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 10:15:29 AM

After all his crimes Al is absolutely not allowed to enjoy this run.

How many more tears, Theo?
should be on this unironic asshat's fucking tombstone.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2214 on: December 11, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
Nice to see that Al apparently said Heyward wasn't worth the money until the Cubs signed him and then he was.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2218 on: December 26, 2015, 12:31:40 AM »
We all know Al's game recaps are completely pointless: He goes on and on for thousands of words regurgitating game logs and ruminating on hot topics such as the weather, who was sitting in his vicinity out in the bleachers, and what he was wearing.

But here's something even more pointless: Reposting these recaps with a couple grandiose paragraphs about how important is was to win some random game in June.  Just when we think Al has reached a new level of contempt for his readership, he goes out and does this.  Bravo.

Yes, there's a new post in this thread that isn't announcing Al's death.  I'm not sorry.