Desipio Message Board
July 29, 2014, 11:46:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: New Xbox Experience Sploogefest Thread.  (Read 12870 times)
Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2010, 07:18:01 PM »

Anyone download the new update yet? I'm downloading the ESPN portion of it. I'm hoping this is pretty cool. Allow you to maybe watch more sports than you normally could. However, if it's something that's just on the channels themselves then that will be pretty boring. It's actually done downloading and I don't feel like going back. So far, the ESPN part looks pretty cool. They have a lot of on demand events: soccer (mls, euro leagues), rugby, khl, euro basketball, NCAAF, NCAA volleyball, Judo (which I'm watching now). That's just some of them. This could be kind of cool.

Netflix now has a search feature. That was the biggest thing the app was lacking. I hear zune now allows you to stream music from their marketplace with that zune pass thing they have.

The layout is a bit different. There are fewer windows on the screen and they kind of pop up when you go them. Right now, it kind of hurts my eyes but I assume thatll go away over time. Another cosmetic change is the quick menu which is a white color now. I'm not a fan of the font they have switched to but it's not that big of a deal. Update seems nice enough
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2010, 09:11:09 PM »

Anyone download the new update yet? I'm downloading the ESPN portion of it. I'm hoping this is pretty cool. Allow you to maybe watch more sports than you normally could. However, if it's something that's just on the channels themselves then that will be pretty boring. It's actually done downloading and I don't feel like going back. So far, the ESPN part looks pretty cool. They have a lot of on demand events: soccer (mls, euro leagues), rugby, khl, euro basketball, NCAAF, NCAA volleyball, Judo (which I'm watching now). That's just some of them. This could be kind of cool.

Netflix now has a search feature. That was the biggest thing the app was lacking. I hear zune now allows you to stream music from their marketplace with that zune pass thing they have.

The layout is a bit different. There are fewer windows on the screen and they kind of pop up when you go them. Right now, it kind of hurts my eyes but I assume thatll go away over time. Another cosmetic change is the quick menu which is a white color now. I'm not a fan of the font they have switched to but it's not that big of a deal. Update seems nice enough

I use ESPN 3 all the time on my computer so this is just awesome. Finally I can watch a meaningless friendly between Uzbekistan and the Faroe Islands on my television.

Tonker
Johnny Evers Fan Club

SUCCESSFUL MESSIAH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »

I use ESPN 3 all the time on my computer so this is just awesome. Finally I can watch a meaningless friendly between Uzbekistan and the Faroe Islands on my television.

Meaningless?  Go Faroes!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:28:01 AM by Tonker » Logged

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.
Powdered Toast Man
Fukakke Fan Club

Grab ahold of my buttocks!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »

I guess this is as good a place to put this, but I think I'm going back to 360.

IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

JD
I feel like 30 million dollars.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

A JD you can get sweaty with and high 5!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2010, 04:11:53 PM »

As good a place as what??  As good a place as WHAT????

Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.
Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2010, 04:36:40 PM »

You bastard. You're one of the reasons I was moving towards the PS3 for my multiplayer shooters
Kermit IV
Still missing Daryle Ward.
Hank White Fan Club

Desipio's favorite attorney.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »

I guess this is as good a place to put this, but I told you so.
PANK!
Johnny Evers Fan Club

O'PTOAT!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »

As good a place as WHAT?!?

The Sports World Needs More Ryne Sandberg types.

"Steph" 1/5/2005
Powdered Toast Man
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2010, 07:42:05 AM »

The main reason is that my little brother plays on 360.  Most of my CoD chums play on 360.  I like the PS3, FWIW.

Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »

As good a place as WHAT?!?

The whole place?

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
Richard Chuggar
TJG is back!
Fukakke Fan Club

Bonerific.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »

The main reason is that my little brother plays on 360.  Most of my CoD chums play on 360.  I like the PS3, FWIW.

Your parents must be so proud

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.
Kermit IV
Still missing Daryle Ward.
Hank White Fan Club

Desipio's favorite attorney.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »

I like the PS3, too.  I just think the online system, controller, and games are all infinitely better on the 360.
Powdered Toast Man
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2010, 07:35:53 AM »

I like the PS3, too.  I just think the online system, controller, and games are all infinitely better on the 360.

Games?  How so?  Serious question...

I've played both and the only real difference I can see is that the textures are a bit generic on PS3 games.  And that's in multiplayer.  I've noticed this in MW2, but then again that's about all I play.  The PS3 exclusive games, like The Show and Uncharted, are amazing.

Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2010, 08:31:58 AM »

I've played both and the only real difference I can see is that the textures are a bit generic on PS3 games.  And that's in multiplayer.  I've noticed this in MW2, but then again that's about all I play.  The PS3 exclusive games, like The Show and Uncharted, are amazing.

This conversation has never taken place before
CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »

This conversation has never taken place before

I totally won that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: