News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Video Game Deals  ( 68,352 )

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Video Game Deals
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:42:35 PM »
If you guys don't have Dead Rising (in my opinion, one of the best Xbox exclusives), and you're feeling adventurous, Circuit City is going to have it on Black Friday for $9.99.  There are a bunch of other deals going on, too.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Video Game Deals
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 04:26:38 PM »
TPD.  Condemned 2 pre-played for $9.99 from GameFly for the 360 or the PS3.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:09:06 AM »
Kermcast.  Pre turned me on to a great site written by Tom Chick, who shares a lot of the same game opinions I have.  Anyhow, he's been raving about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts lately (I know, I know).  There's a demo of it on the Marketplace, and it's pretty good.  Amazon has it for $25.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on December 11, 2008, 11:09:06 AM
Kermcast.  Pre turned me on to a great site written by Tom Chick, who shares a lot of the same game opinions I have.  Anyhow, he's been raving about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts lately (I know, I know).  There's a demo of it on the Marketplace, and it's pretty good.  Amazon has it for $25.

Banjo-Kazooie?  What does that even mean?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »

It looked cool, but at the same time, from what I've seen, it's almost nothing like the original two games.  This one I guess is more of a customization/flying game?  The other two were platformers, during that incredible run of awesome platforming games on the N64...okay, so Mario 64 and a few others were amazing, but still, that was the Platformer Era.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 11:53:13 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2008, 11:28:42 AM

It looked cool, but at the same time, from what I've seen, it's almost nothing like the original two games.  This one I guess is more of a customization/flying game?  The other two were platformers, during that incredible run of awesome platforming games on the N64...okay, so Mario 64 and a few others were amazing, but still, that was the Platformer Era.

IAN, I have no idea.  I think it's the name of the main characters, or something.

Weebs, yeah, the best way to describe this one is an engineering game.  Download the demo and give it a shot.  It's pretty fun.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:44 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on December 11, 2008, 11:53:13 AM

IAN, I have no idea.  I think it's the name of the main characters, or something.

Weebs, yeah, the best way to describe this one is an engineering game.  Download the demo and give it a shot.  It's pretty fun.

Engineering game?  I do that in real life.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 12:51:53 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on December 11, 2008, 12:20:44 PM

No wonder you're so socially inept.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 12:58:10 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on December 11, 2008, 12:51:53 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on December 11, 2008, 12:20:44 PM

No wonder you're so socially inept.

It's a wonder how I got a member of the female species to marry me.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »
DPD, but Amazon has Far Cry 2 (and a few others) at $38 for today (12/11) only.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-245113.aspx

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on December 11, 2008, 04:21:41 PM

Thank you, IAN.

No, wait.  Damn you, IAN!

Seriously, good find.  This is another game that Tom Chick loves.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on December 11, 2008, 04:53:29 PM

Thank you, IAN.

Does Tom Chick also talk about the horrid AI?  Cause other than that, it's incredible.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2008, 05:03:44 PM

Thank you, IAN.

Does Tom Chick also talk about the horrid AI?  Cause other than that, it's incredible.

Is the AI more or less realistic than a typical Michael Scott caper?  Because that's really going to affect my decision.

Also, Best Buy has it for $40, if anyone's not into the whole Amazon thing.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 05:23:07 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on December 11, 2008, 05:19:47 PM
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2008, 05:03:44 PM

Thank you, IAN.

Is the AI more or less realistic than a typical Michael Scott caper?  Because that's really going to affect my decision.

Also, Best Buy has it for $40, if anyone's not into the whole Amazon thing.

Yes, to answer your question.

The problem with the AI is it's too inconsistent.  Far Cry 2 is this huge open world in Africa, so the possibilities for having a stealth approach to a mission are pretty awesome, but the AI somehow spots you from a few hundred yards away, so you never have a chance to sneak up on anyone.  Or if you do, after you get your first shot off, everyone knows where you are, no matter if you're hiding in the brush or behind a rock.  However, sometimes an enemy can be standing right next to you, and they won't see you.  When the AI is working right, it's friggen awesome.  The only other problem is you'd think in a big open world, not every single person would be out to kill you, but that's just what happens.  Almost every minute, even if you're driving somewhere with no enemies around, a jeep full of them will come down the road like they knew where you were the whole time.  What they've done with the setting and some gameplay mechanics are amazing, but the shoddy AI holds it back.