News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,113 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 11:07:19 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 11, 2009, 11:01:49 PM
Start checking the mailbox if you've got a Game Informer subscription:

HAWT

Quote from: Weebs on May 11, 2009, 11:01:49 PM
Start checking the mailbox if you've got a Game Informer subscription:

Intrepid Reader: TDubbs:

LOSERS

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 03:33:57 PM »
Going back to the cover mechanic, I was speaking more along the lines of the single player incorporating cover.  Thinking about it a bit more, CoD is not even remotely a tactical game.  It's basically a straight corridor FPS with outstanding cinematics that make up for the lack of choice in how you complete objectives.  But, let's be honest--in no way am I getting Modern Warfare 2 for the single player (cover mechanic or not), although it usually doesn't disappoint.  It's all about the multiplayer.

Intrepid Reader:  TDubbs:

TRY HAVING SECKS WITH WOMENZ!!!1//ljadjs
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on May 12, 2009, 03:33:57 PM
Going back to the cover mechanic, I was speaking more along the lines of the single player incorporating cover.  Thinking about it a bit more, CoD is not even remotely a tactical game.  It's basically a straight corridor FPS with outstanding cinematics that make up for the lack of choice in how you complete objectives.  But, let's be honest--in no way am I getting Modern Warfare 2 for the single player (cover mechanic or not), although it usually doesn't disappoint.  It's all about the multiplayer.

Intrepid Reader:  TDubbs:

TRY HAVING SECKS WITH WOMENZ!!!1//ljadjs

It's unfortunate how many games do what Call of Duty does, which is throw in a bunch of really awesome set pieces and triggered events that make you think you're doing something way bigger than you actually are.  It's the same as how a lot of games give you really cool animations, but actually limit your control.  Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia (the new one) come to mind as games that give the illusion of these really elaborate move-sets, but basically just wind up as the player holding down the A button for a while.  I think that's also why the MVP series was so great, because they had a very limited set of animations, so (specifically) fielding was all about letting the player have control, whereas these new elaborate animations take control away.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »
Have you heard anything about what the AI and gameplay of OpFlash is going to really produce?  I know that Codemasters has been working on this game for a while now, and as I'm sure it'll look visually outstanding (as in GRID--they're using the same graphics engine), they are really confident about enemy and team AI that will far surpass anything in the military FPS genre.

I apologize...I just can't hide my school girl excitement for this game.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on May 12, 2009, 05:18:33 PM
Have you heard anything about what the AI and gameplay of OpFlash is going to really produce?  I know that Codemasters has been working on this game for a while now, and as I'm sure it'll look visually outstanding (as in GRID--they're using the same graphics engine), they are really confident about enemy and team AI that will far surpass anything in the military FPS genre.

I haven't.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »

It sounds awesome, but I'm pretty sure Codemasters is just trying to get everyone on the hype train.  Usually, when a developer plans something "cutting edge" for their game, it either A) is nowhere near what they said it would be or B) is filled with bugs.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:48 PM »
DPD

QuoteInfinity Ward's eagerly anticipated follow up to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare hits retail shelves this November, but the sequel is being featured in the latest issue of Game Informer right now.

And that means highly coveted details on Modern Warfare 2 went from print to internet at lightning speeds. Game Informer subscribers and advanced recipients who already have the issue in hand have revealed information on the game, which is said to be set a few years after the events of Call of Duty 4. In Modern Warfare 2, players will tackle a Russian terrorist threat in icy locales—where snowmobiles in war makes sense.

But don't count on cooperative play during Modern Warfare 2's story mode. That multiplayer option looks to be limited to the game's "Special Forces" mode, which is described by Infinity Ward president Jason West as "in the spirit of [the] Mile High Club" mission from Call of Duty 4.

West also describes the gameplay in Modern Warfare 2 as "wide open and has a lot of variety." But expect a similarly linear story, one just a touch longer than that of its Infinity Ward-developed precursor, because West contends that "any good story is on rails."

For more details and some spectacular looking screen shots of the game in action, pick up the newest issue of Game Informer as soon as you see it.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 12, 2009, 05:32:39 PM

It sounds awesome, but I'm pretty sure Codemasters is just trying to get everyone on the hype train.  Usually, when a developer plans something "cutting edge" for their game, it either A) is nowhere near what they said it would be or B) is filled with bugs.

Or, C) It'll be wicked awesome steak balls.  I'm still hoping for goodness from OpFlash.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »
Anyone else get that new Game Informer yet?  I read the article yesterday on MW2 and it sounds pretty awesome.  They talked very, very little about multiplayer, but they did discuss the new Special Forces mode.  Instead of having co-op for the main story, they have a large number of separate missions without narrative (like the airplane mission on COD4) for co-op play.  They're really difficult scenarios where players have to use a number of different cooperative tactics to finish, and they sound pretty awesome.  Should add even more replay value to the game.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 19, 2009, 09:15:40 AM
Anyone else get that new Game Informer yet?  I read the article yesterday on MW2 and it sounds pretty awesome.  They talked very, very little about multiplayer, but they did discuss the new Special Forces mode.  Instead of having co-op for the main story, they have a large number of separate missions without narrative (like the airplane mission on COD4) for co-op play.  They're really difficult scenarios where players have to use a number of different cooperative tactics to finish, and they sound pretty awesome.  Should add even more replay value to the game.

I love replay value as much as the next guy, but what about the digital recall memory on the Humvee missions that was missing from CoHJ4?  I was reading this website called JLS7 and it was saying how if you do a mission, then finish a mission, but you don't hit the back top button followed by the lower top button, it wouldn't remember the checkpoint, then you'd have to START OVER AGAIN AT THE PREVIOUS SPOT.  How annoying?  I'm hoping the game makers make a double glitch fix and I can download it and get that mess figured out.  I'm sick of spending 6 hours straight up killing dudes, then having to spend another 6 hours killing them again. 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 03:19:19 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 19, 2009, 03:15:22 PM

I love replay value as much as the next guy, but what about the digital recall memory on the Humvee missions that was missing from CoHJ4?  I was reading this website called JLS7 and it was saying how if you do a mission, then finish a mission, but you don't hit the back top button followed by the lower top button, it wouldn't remember the checkpoint, then you'd have to START OVER AGAIN AT THE PREVIOUS SPOT.  How annoying?  I'm hoping the game makers make a double glitch fix and I can download it and get that mess figured out.  I'm sick of spending 6 hours straight up killing dudes, then having to spend another 6 hours killing them again. 

That's some of the funniest shit I've ever read.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 19, 2009, 03:19:19 PM

Bravo.  +2, at the least.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 03:34:28 PM »

This is so much better than any dig I would have made at TDubbs.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:14 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 19, 2009, 03:34:28 PM

This is so much better than any dig I would have made at TDubbs.

I know my audience.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club