News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Oh, so this is what the MLB Network is for  ( 11,225 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Oh, so this is what the MLB Network is for
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 03:43:09 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 16, 2009, 03:28:06 PM
You been seein' this?
You been hearin' this?

My initial impression is that the access they have is excellent - they were right to the Texas game last night as Kinsler was going for the cycle so we could watch him get the triple, but the personalities are pretty weak.

Harold Reynolds is good enough, doing his BBTN thing, but Barry Larkin and (as much as it pains me to say it as a fellow Richmond Spider) Sean Casey are pretty horrid. Casey looks like he has some kind of hybrid of Tourette's and Parkinson's, which is sad, because he knows his stuff. 

Billy Fuckface Ripken is actually one of the best guys they have, and I saw them dig up the corpse of Joe Magrane and put him on TV the other day.  It's about as random a mix of former major leaguers as you could find.

The one thing I like about Larkin and Casey is that they can actually talk about facing guys who are in the league right now.  I thought Casey's story about getting bitched by Clayton Kershaw(?) last night was pretty cool, even if he told it in a goofy Sean Casey way.  And I like Vasgerian.  But, yeah, the access they have is fantastic.  I sure hope this channel stays free.
Hire Jim Essian!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 16, 2009, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 16, 2009, 03:28:06 PM
You been seein' this?
You been hearin' this?

My initial impression is that the access they have is excellent - they were right to the Texas game last night as Kinsler was going for the cycle so we could watch him get the triple, but the personalities are pretty weak.

Harold Reynolds is good enough, doing his BBTN thing, but Barry Larkin and (as much as it pains me to say it as a fellow Richmond Spider) Sean Casey are pretty horrid. Casey looks like he has some kind of hybrid of Tourette's and Parkinson's, which is sad, because he knows his stuff. 

Billy Fuckface Ripken is actually one of the best guys they have, and I saw them dig up the corpse of Joe Magrane and put him on TV the other day.  It's about as random a mix of former major leaguers as you could find.

The one thing I like about Larkin and Casey is that they can actually talk about facing guys who are in the league right now.  I thought Casey's story about getting bitched by Clayton Kershaw(?) last night was pretty cool, even if he told it in a goofy Sean Casey way.  And I like Vasgerian.  But, yeah, the access they have is fantastic.  I sure hope this channel stays free.

What? Free? Did you have to order it? Where the...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 07:26:16 PM »
OH MY GOD!!!!

I did not know this was free! This is the best thing that's happened to me since I learned how to wack off!

I remember those first couple of times. There were years of buildup and there was the whole specter of guilt that made the whole thing so incredible that I just had to keep chasing that feeling.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 10:23:46 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 16, 2009, 07:26:16 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!

I did not know this was free! This is the best thing that's happened to me since I learned how to wack off!

I remember those first couple of times. There were years of buildup and there was the whole specter of guilt that made the whole thing so incredible that I just had to keep chasing that feeling.

Yeah, 410 for Comcast in standard definition, and then in the 220's (I think) for high-def.  It's a great channel.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 20, 2009, 10:23:46 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 16, 2009, 07:26:16 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!

Yeah, 410 for Comcast in standard definition, and then in the 220's (I think) for high-def.  It's a great channel.

233 for the HD.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 12:09:40 PM »
Don't miss MLB Tonight: Batting Practice, MLB Tonight: 1st to 3rd, MLB Tonight: Roundtripper, MLB Tonight: Intentional Walk, MLB Tonight: Pickoff throw, MLB Tonight: Sac Fly, MLB Tonight: Soriano's Hop, MLB Tonight: Towel Drills, MLB Tonight: Pinch Hitter, MLB Tonight: Mound Conference, MLB Tonight: Umpire Dusts of Home Plate, MLB Tonight: Clubhouse Attendant and MLB Tonight: The Board Game.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on April 20, 2009, 12:09:40 PM
Don't miss MLB Tonight: Batting Practice, MLB Tonight: 1st to 3rd, MLB Tonight: Roundtripper, MLB Tonight: Intentional Walk, MLB Tonight: Pickoff throw, MLB Tonight: Sac Fly, MLB Tonight: Soriano's Hop, MLB Tonight: Towel Drills, MLB Tonight: Pinch Hitter, MLB Tonight: Mound Conference, MLB Tonight: Umpire Dusts of Home Plate, MLB Tonight: Clubhouse Attendant and MLB Tonight: The Board Game.
Spot on.     Its like dynamiting fish in a 5 gallon bucket.    Of course the upside is that I don't have to watch Gammons slobber all over himself on BB Tonight. 
Has he always done this?   Or has it just been since the brain surgery?    I feel strange sitting in my living room looking at some senile old man and wondering if he just gave Ravich a BJ during commercial break.     Its mildly disturbing.   

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »
Quote from: Lukester on April 20, 2009, 02:47:36 PM
Spot on.     Its like dynamiting fish in a 5 gallon bucket.    Of course the upside is that I don't have to watch Gammons slobber all over himself on BB Tonight. 
Has he always done this?   Or has it just been since the brain surgery?    I feel strange sitting in my living room looking at some senile old man and wondering if he just gave Ravich a BJ during commercial break.     Its mildly disturbing.   

For me it's Kruk and his neckless torso sweating all over the place and the guy who sometimes fills in for Ravech. I don't know his name but he's a douche. Also, Orestes Destrade and Eduardo Perez are stinky dicklickers.

Any alternative to Baseball Tonight is extremely welcome.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »

The nerve of that asshole, coming back from a massive brain hemorrhage at age 61 to keep doing his job, only to make you wonder if he gave his co-anchor a blow job during the commercial break.  That IS disturbing.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 03:07:58 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 20, 2009, 03:06:53 PM

The nerve of that asshole, coming back from a massive brain hemorrhage at age 61 to keep doing his job, only to make you wonder if he gave his co-anchor a blow job during the commercial break.  That IS disturbing.

Hey... At least you don't have to listen to him take a shit.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 03:13:02 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 20, 2009, 03:06:53 PM

So what your sayin,  it's recent?   

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 03:47:16 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 20, 2009, 02:58:39 PM

For me it's Kruk and his neckless torso sweating all over the place and the guy who sometimes fills in for Ravech. I don't know his name but he's a douche. Also, Orestes Destrade and Eduardo Perez are stinky dicklickers.

Yea, I want to strangle that douche every time he calls the red sox "the nation".

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on April 20, 2009, 03:47:16 PM
Quote from: Slakee on April 20, 2009, 02:58:39 PM

Yea, I want to strangle that douche every time he calls the red sox "the nation".

He is a vile, vile man.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »
Millar to join MLB Network.

The Good News:
We don't have to worry about the in-season call-up

The Bad News:
John Kruk and BBTN just got a lot more appealing.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
The fill-in for Karl Ravech is Steve Berthiaume.  I know it was brought up 366 days ago, but I hate the guy, so I felt the need to share.

I went to school with Berthiaume's brother while he was at the U of Iowa.  Lil' Bert would always talk about how his brother had made the big-time in Bristol.  He was almost every bit as annoying as Steve.  Almost.

Steve is cut from the cloth of those modern age sportscasters who believe vocal volume is what sells.  Those who believe that their banter is more important than the highlight itself.  Fuck that school of thought, and fuck those who call that school 'alma mater'.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87