News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 109,962 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #630 on: June 30, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »
I guess it just seems that way, Weebs.  I might average 5-7 Ks a game with my best pitcher, which seems almost realistic.  It feels like most of the CPU's plate disclipline is directly related to how well you execute your pitch gestures.  If you don't do it well, the pitch suffers in location making it a mistake.  Hence, the CPU swings.  The curves probably have a higher mistake rate since the different variations of the gestures make it a more difficult pitch to execute.  I find the opposing hitters have much better discipline when I execute my pitches where I want them, but it bottles my mind that 2K left out the pitch gesture feedback.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #631 on: June 30, 2009, 12:24:17 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 30, 2009, 12:21:58 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 30, 2009, 12:21:00 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 30, 2009, 12:16:11 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 30, 2009, 11:37:25 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 30, 2009, 11:24:06 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 30, 2009, 10:07:10 AM
That does suck, indeed.  However, it's not beyond the realm of virtual possibility that a team can come back on you.  At least you're not winning EVERY game, amiright?

That's not even remotely my point.  I don't WANT to win every game.  I DO want to win the games I SHOULD win.  I lost the first game 1-0 against the Astros because Oswalt pinned my ears back.  That's fine.  But I was fucking crushing the ball in the second game.  Conveniently, most of the shots ended up being ridiculous over-the-shoulder catches for outs by Pence and Bourn.  Moreover, Kaz Matsui should never ever EVER pull a perfectly-placed, maximum-effort two-seamer on the outside corner from Harden on an 0-2 pitch for a home run.  That's just fucking retarded.  So was Berkman's OUT OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING BALLPARK, opposite-field home run on the same fucking pitch.

I'm VERY suspicious of all the one-run losses I seem to get against the CPU.  Harden was filthy until I built the five-run lead (he had a one-hitter), and then all the sudden everyone was knocking him all over the park.  On the flip side, after building a quick 5-run lead, suddenly all my shots that were doubles and home runs turned into outs.  I think there is some serious catch-up logic in this game, and no sports game should EVER have catch-up logic.  It's a horseshit mechanic for lazy sports programmers to make their game feel more exciting.

I had largely the same experience with 2K8.  If they don't get this game right next year, I'm done with baseball gaming until they lose their exclusive license.

Whoa, killa.  There are 162 games in a season.  Shit happens.  Try pitching out of the zone next time.  Those monkeyfuckers swing and miss at most curves low and away.  I said the same thing about not buying this year's game after last year's monstrosity.  You know you're gonna get it.

I guess it makes it more realistic when every player in baseball has the plate discipline of Alfonso Soriano and Corey Patterson?

Not that it matters, as Soto rarely calls for breaking balls, anyhow.  I had to shake him off about 15 times to get an 0-2 breaking ball.  I know you're high as shit, Geo, but I don't want to throw an inside fastball right now.

You have to shake him off to actually throw the pitch you want?  Can't you just throw it?

I don't bother when it's fastballs vs. changeups, but the catchers supposedly have a harder time catching breaking balls when they don't know they're coming.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #632 on: June 30, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 30, 2009, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 30, 2009, 12:21:58 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 30, 2009, 12:21:00 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 30, 2009, 12:16:11 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 30, 2009, 11:37:25 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 30, 2009, 11:24:06 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 30, 2009, 10:07:10 AM
That does suck, indeed.  However, it's not beyond the realm of virtual possibility that a team can come back on you.  At least you're not winning EVERY game, amiright?

That's not even remotely my point.  I don't WANT to win every game.  I DO want to win the games I SHOULD win.  I lost the first game 1-0 against the Astros because Oswalt pinned my ears back.  That's fine.  But I was fucking crushing the ball in the second game.  Conveniently, most of the shots ended up being ridiculous over-the-shoulder catches for outs by Pence and Bourn.  Moreover, Kaz Matsui should never ever EVER pull a perfectly-placed, maximum-effort two-seamer on the outside corner from Harden on an 0-2 pitch for a home run.  That's just fucking retarded.  So was Berkman's OUT OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING BALLPARK, opposite-field home run on the same fucking pitch.

I'm VERY suspicious of all the one-run losses I seem to get against the CPU.  Harden was filthy until I built the five-run lead (he had a one-hitter), and then all the sudden everyone was knocking him all over the park.  On the flip side, after building a quick 5-run lead, suddenly all my shots that were doubles and home runs turned into outs.  I think there is some serious catch-up logic in this game, and no sports game should EVER have catch-up logic.  It's a horseshit mechanic for lazy sports programmers to make their game feel more exciting.

I had largely the same experience with 2K8.  If they don't get this game right next year, I'm done with baseball gaming until they lose their exclusive license.

Whoa, killa.  There are 162 games in a season.  Shit happens.  Try pitching out of the zone next time.  Those monkeyfuckers swing and miss at most curves low and away.  I said the same thing about not buying this year's game after last year's monstrosity.  You know you're gonna get it.

I guess it makes it more realistic when every player in baseball has the plate discipline of Alfonso Soriano and Corey Patterson?

Not that it matters, as Soto rarely calls for breaking balls, anyhow.  I had to shake him off about 15 times to get an 0-2 breaking ball.  I know you're high as shit, Geo, but I don't want to throw an inside fastball right now.

You have to shake him off to actually throw the pitch you want?  Can't you just throw it?

I don't bother when it's fastballs vs. changeups, but the catchers supposedly have a harder time catching breaking balls when they don't know they're coming.

That's kinda true.  They also don't like blocking the plate with runners on base.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #633 on: August 04, 2009, 07:58:48 AM »
Are these fucksticks going to update the rosters any time soon?  Randy Wells' pitch repertoire needs some adjusting.  Should I hate 2K Sports or the MLB exclusive deal?  Or both?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #634 on: August 04, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on August 04, 2009, 07:58:48 AM
Are these fucksticks going to update the rosters any time soon?  Randy Wells' pitch repertoire needs some adjusting.  Should I hate 2K Sports or the MLB exclusive deal?  Or both?

Both.  Or maybe you should just look online for custom rosters because they'll be 100x better than the 2K ones anyways.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #635 on: August 04, 2009, 08:54:43 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 04, 2009, 08:25:59 AM

Both.  Or maybe you should just look online for custom rosters because they'll be 100x better than the 2K ones anyways.

To wit, mkharsh33 (you can find him in the 2K Forums) just updated his onilne roster file this morning.  His rosters are pretty legit.  He's created many players and edited many prospects.  However, it sucks that I can't edit Wells' pitch attributes.  I mean, his control rating is 55.  That's just stupid.  That's why I was hoping for a 2K update to go along with mkharsh's update.  I could get the udpated rosters as well as the living roster attribute updates.

Fuck this stupid exclusive license thing.  It's the pits.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #636 on: August 04, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on August 04, 2009, 08:54:43 AM

To wit, mkharsh33 (you can find him in the 2K Forums) just updated his onilne roster file this morning.  His rosters are pretty legit.  He's created many players and edited many prospects.  However, it sucks that I can't edit Wells' pitch attributes.  I mean, his control rating is 55.  That's just stupid.  That's why I was hoping for a 2K update to go along with mkharsh's update.  I could get the udpated rosters as well as the living roster attribute updates.

Why can't you edit his control?  Roster edits let you change all aspects of a player.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #637 on: August 04, 2009, 09:13:48 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 04, 2009, 09:11:12 AM

Why can't you edit his control?  Roster edits let you change all aspects of a player.

His control attributes are locked.  When I go to edit him, there's a page where I can edit his vs. RHB and vs. LHB and all that, but there's another page where his repertoire is listed with his speed attribute, control attribute and movement attribute for those specific pitches.  His control is uneditable.  Unless there's something I don't know about, like a Game Genie or something.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #638 on: August 04, 2009, 09:36:28 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on August 04, 2009, 09:13:48 AM

His control attributes are locked.  When I go to edit him, there's a page where I can edit his vs. RHB and vs. LHB and all that, but there's another page where his repertoire is listed with his speed attribute, control attribute and movement attribute for those specific pitches.  His control is uneditable.  Unless there's something I don't know about, like a Game Genie or something.

I haven't really edited players in that game, but it's possible changing those other stats (like vs. RHB) influences his Control, etc. attributes on the next page.  It's probably their way of controlling the outcome because if you have a guy that is very bad against both LHB and RHB, but his individual pitching attributes are maxed out (for whatever Weebsian reason you choose to do so), then that would affect how well they do against hitters.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #639 on: August 04, 2009, 09:59:20 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 04, 2009, 09:36:28 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on August 04, 2009, 09:13:48 AM

I haven't really edited players in that game, but it's possible changing those other stats (like vs. RHB) influences his Control, etc. attributes on the next page.  It's probably their way of controlling the outcome because if you have a guy that is very bad against both LHB and RHB, but his individual pitching attributes are maxed out (for whatever Weebsian reason you choose to do so), then that would affect how well they do against hitters.

No.  There is no change in his pitch attributes when you edit his vs. attributes.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #640 on: August 04, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
IAN, is this you?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, on the 2k boards:
QuoteWhy aren't the pitch attributes unlockable? Cripes, Randy Wells is 8-4 with a sub 3.00 ERA and his pitch type attributes make him a terrible pitcher with no control. I'm really ****ed with this game and 2K on the MLB title. It's just crap.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #641 on: August 04, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on August 04, 2009, 08:41:01 PM
IAN, is this you?

QuoteWhy aren't the pitch attributes unlockable? Cripes, Randy Wells is 8-4 with a sub 3.00 ERA and his pitch type attributes make him a terrible pitcher with no control. I'm really ****ed with this game and 2K on the MLB title. It's just crap.

I can answer for him and say yes it is him

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #642 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:51 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on August 04, 2009, 09:21:20 PM
IAN, is this you?

You can't escape my crack investigative skills.  Now I know why the feds pay me the big bucks.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #643 on: August 05, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on August 04, 2009, 09:52:51 PM
IAN, is this you?

You can't escape my crack investigative skills.  Now I know why the feds pay me the big bucks.

Yes, and I am terrible for being there.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #644 on: August 05, 2009, 10:06:18 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on August 04, 2009, 09:52:51 PM
IAN, is this you?

I figured it was because you were the one chugging on Obama's dong. Someone's gotta, right?