News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 99,072 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #390 on: October 03, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
Never change, Chicago.

Riding the bunnovation bandwagon that birthed the ramen burger and the doughnut burger, Chicago's Rockit Bar & Grill recently debuted a Mac Attack burger. The "bun" for this particular concoction is just patties of deep-fried mac and cheese. Rockit will only be selling these bad boys through Sunday, but if it's a hit — and given the state of the American diet, why wouldn't it be? — expect to see knockoff Mac Attacks popping up around the country soon.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
Searched for Au Cheval but didn't find it mentioned. Their burger melts in your mouth. Outstanding.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 13, 2013, 01:21:13 PM
Searched for Au Cheval but didn't find it mentioned. Their burger melts in your mouth. Outstanding.

Why the fuck would you name a burger joint Au Cheval?  Are they having a laugh?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: November 13, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 13, 2013, 01:23:35 PM

According to the internet:

Quote"Gosh what was it that really said Au Cheval to me?" he muses. Not surprising, the ubiquitous egg was the first thing on which Sodikoff focused, frying through roughly two cases of eggs until they achieved their goal: no color, tender whites and well seasoned. Even its moniker which translates to "on horseback," is slang for adding an egg.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 22, 2010, 11:39:01 AM
I'll just say that getting there at 5:45 justifies the beating Chuck is taking.

I've still never been to Kuma's, and it's mainly because their wait is nearly as legendary as their burgers and I just haven't yet properly planned for it or decided to put up with the wait.  I mean, 5:45?  That's like the scientifically-tested optimal time for getting the most people to show up for dinner at the same time.  What a Soriano!  Did you also bring the kids so they could ogle all of the naked ladies for 4 hours?

wait, what?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 13, 2013, 01:23:35 PM

You wouldn't laugh if you'd had their burger.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2015, 01:42:19 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »

They just opened an M Burger on Touhy, across from a Five Guys. Which would you rather?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: August 24, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »
Has anybody else been to Kuma's Too?  I remember the burgers at the original location as being unbelievably good, and what we had this time... wasn't.  Perhaps my memory's playing tricks on me, but the burger I had on Diversey was really good... and not more than that.  Did I catch them on an off day, maybe?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: August 24, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 24, 2015, 11:43:04 AM
Has anybody else been to Kuma's Too?  I remember the burgers at the original location as being unbelievably good, and what we had this time... wasn't.  Perhaps my memory's playing tricks on me, but the burger I had on Diversey was really good... and not more than that.  Did I catch them on an off day, maybe?

I went there with several fellow morans a while back, and I found the Slayer to be as good as it is on Belmont.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: October 30, 2015, 09:39:10 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 24, 2015, 12:04:56 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 24, 2015, 11:43:04 AM

I went there with several fellow morans a while back, and I found the Slayer to be as good as it is on Belmont.

A few weeks ago I ate at the Kuma's BACK IN THE SUBURBS and it was outstanding.  I was actually a little disappointed when I first had Kuma's at the original locale on Belmont a couple years ago--perhaps the anticipation got the best of me or maybe it was just an off day for the cooks-- but in any event my experience at the one in Schaumburg offered redemption, strip malls be damned.