News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 98,829 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2015, 01:49:11 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 24, 2011, 10:12:44 AM
In L.A.  Had a burger at a joint in the Los Feliz neighborhood last night called Umami Burger.  I had something they called a truffle burger.  They put a truffle glaze on the burger and some other delicious, truffle cheese.  No, I'm not sure what truffle cheese is.

Good clean burger that they undercooked a little, which was fine by me.

The sweet potato fries came with a garlic aoili that was closer to mayo that usual aoili is, but they were awesome, too.

If in LA, I can recommend this joint.

Went to the Umami Burger in Wicker Park last week.  It was awesome, too.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 04, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
In L.A.  Had a burger at a joint in the Los Feliz neighborhood last night called Umami Burger.  I had something they called a truffle burger.  They put a truffle glaze on the burger and some other delicious, truffle cheese.  No, I'm not sure what truffle cheese is.

The sweet potato fries came with a garlic aoili that was closer to mayo that usual aoili is, but they were awesome, too.

It's a good spot. We are fans as well. They have a good pickle plate and house dips for fries.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: November 09, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 08, 2015, 02:12:45 PM

It's a good spot. We are fans as well. They have a good pickle plate and house dips for fries.

Oh yeah...I kinda forgot about the pickled plate (the plate itself is not pickled).  The beats were outstanding!  As was everything on that plate.  That was good shit.  I will be visiting again.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: November 09, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 09, 2015, 09:27:19 AM

Oh yeah...I kinda forgot about the pickled plate (the plate itself is not pickled).  The beats were outstanding!  As was everything on that plate.  That was good shit.  I will be visiting again.

Cypress Hill?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 09, 2015, 09:41:42 AM

Cypress Hill?

Congratulations to Fork for a hip hop reference that is less than 25 years old!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 09, 2015, 10:19:13 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 09, 2015, 09:41:42 AM

Cypress Hill?

Congratulations to Fork for a hip hop reference that is less than 25 years old!

(Does Kid N Play dance)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: January 05, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »
There are a few really well-loved burger places in Toronto. Probably the hippest is the Burger's Priest, which offers a tasty, local-grown beef served on fresh buns. It's so well-loved that it's spawned several successful knock-offs, including Holy Chuck's. Still, for my dollar, the best burger place is Five Guys. Chain or no chain, I can't get enough of their burgers.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: January 05, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 05, 2016, 12:35:19 PM
There are a few really well-loved burger places in Toronto. Probably the hippest is the Burger's Priest, which offers a tasty, local-grown beef served on fresh buns. It's so well-loved that it's spawned several successful knock-offs, including Holy Chuck's. Still, for my dollar, the best burger place is Five Guys. Chain or no chain, I can't get enough of their burgers.

They're tasty but they ain't worth a $12 lunch, which is what I paid last time I ate there.  Speaking for the area in which I work (Schaumton Heights, USA) you're better off ponying up the extra 5 bucks and having lunch at Kuma's around the corner.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: January 05, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 12:50:36 PM

They're tasty but they ain't worth a $12 lunch, which is what I paid last time I ate there.  Speaking for the area in which I work (Schaumton Heights, USA) you're better off ponying up the extra 5 bucks and having lunch at Kuma's around the corner.

$17 for lunch from the same guy who bought potato tacos cause they cost a buck each?

I don't understand you, man.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: January 05, 2016, 04:23:00 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 12:50:36 PM

$17 for lunch from the same guy who bought potato tacos cause they cost a buck each?

I don't understand you, man.

not much to understand.
TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: January 05, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »
Let's get down to brass tacks: Huey, have you ever brought an outside burger into Wrigley Field?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: January 05, 2016, 05:01:24 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 05, 2016, 04:58:41 PM
Let's get down to brass tacks: Huey, have you ever brought an outside burger into Wrigley Field?

Burger?  No.

Taco Bell, Bacci and the burrito joint under the tracks?  Yes.  Probably McDonalds at 1 time as well, so maybe a burger.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: January 05, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »
Actually when I went with Fork, CT and Bad Kermit (unwittingly witnessing the birth of Hockeenight) some of the group brought in Quizno's to the park but I abstained.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: January 05, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 05:02:55 PM
Actually when I went with Fork, CT and Bad Kermit (unwittingly witnessing the birth of Hockeenight) some of the group brought in Quizno's to the park but I abstained.

Quizno's is fucking terrible.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 05:02:55 PM

Quizno's is fucking terrible.

So is Taco Bell, but if you're not being a vegan first world douchehammer you could eat it if you were famished.