News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  ( 46,204 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2010, 12:35:22 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2010, 12:52:17 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 04, 2010, 12:42:51 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2010, 12:31:49 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 04, 2010, 12:23:26 PM
So the wife is leaving the country for a few weeks with the kid before I head over there to meet up. In the meantime I'm going to be getting very high and playing lots of Xbox when I'm not out getting shitfaced.

We'll have to try that posse stuff again. I want to get those achievements.

I'm in. I got some rockstar achievement last night. It's one of those you get by killing someone with that achievement, so if any of you play with me, you can kill me once to get it.

How do you get it in the first place then?  Do you have to be playing in a game with a Rockstar employee?

Not entirely sure. It said it on the achievement, though. I just didn't read it closely

It's viral.  If you kill someone who's killed someone, etc., who's killed a Rockstar employee, you get it.  I got it in my first multiplayer round.  We should definitely try to posse up.  It's fun.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2010, 12:43:19 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 07, 2010, 12:35:22 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2010, 12:52:17 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 04, 2010, 12:42:51 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2010, 12:31:49 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 04, 2010, 12:23:26 PM
So the wife is leaving the country for a few weeks with the kid before I head over there to meet up. In the meantime I'm going to be getting very high and playing lots of Xbox when I'm not out getting shitfaced.

We'll have to try that posse stuff again. I want to get those achievements.

I'm in. I got some rockstar achievement last night. It's one of those you get by killing someone with that achievement, so if any of you play with me, you can kill me once to get it.

How do you get it in the first place then?  Do you have to be playing in a game with a Rockstar employee?

Not entirely sure. It said it on the achievement, though. I just didn't read it closely

It's viral.  If you kill someone who's killed someone, etc., who's killed a Rockstar employee, you get it.  I got it in my first multiplayer round.  We should definitely try to posse up.  It's fun.

My hiatus begins Thursday afternoon. I want in.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2010, 02:50:14 PM »
If anyone doesn't have me added, I'm Pl0rk, that's a zero, not the letter O.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »
Quote from: Poon on June 07, 2010, 02:50:14 PM
If anyone doesn't have me added, I'm Pl0rk, that's a zero, not the letter O.

Is that PS3 or the Secksbox?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »
The Xborxes.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2010, 11:07:06 AM »
Has anyone else finished this yet?  Not a bad ending at all, in my opinion.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2010, 11:13:08 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 24, 2010, 11:07:06 AM

I finished it before my Xbox issue. I haven't played it since I got the slim (since I don't have my saved games yet). I thought it was pretty good even though I don't invest too much into stories (I skipped a decent majority of the cutscenes). No, I just want to get those achievements.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 24, 2010, 11:13:08 AM

I finished it before my Xbox issue. I haven't played it since I got the slim (since I don't have my saved games yet). I thought it was pretty good even though I don't invest too much into stories (I skipped a decent majority of the cutscenes). No, I just want to get those achievements.

How did you even know what the hell was going on?  You're a strange dude.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »
I'm getting there - I'm done with Mexico. I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to do all the little hunter/gatherer things and the side quests - like the guy who's trying to fly his plane off a cliff. Or the old man that wants to give flowers to his wife. Touching stuff, all of it. Really.

I think I'll probably put on a mask and try to beat up all of the people in the bar in Armadillo. That's fun.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 24, 2010, 11:58:55 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 24, 2010, 11:13:08 AM

How did you even know what the hell was going on?  You're a strange dude.

I didn't care that much. I had to go somewhere. Kill some dudes. Take a machine gun, fuck some shit up. Go rescue some prisoner. I've just never had the patience to care about the stories in games. On rare occasions, I'll try and then just decide to push on through. I think the last one I paid attention to was Fallout 3. The game's more about fucking shit up, killing people, or doing other awesome things I wouldn't be able to do in my day to day life, like be cool.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »

Finished it.  Loved the ending.  Touching.

Slak, do the missions with the flowers for the wife.  The ending will...surprise you.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2010, 01:44:29 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 24, 2010, 01:23:51 PM

Slak, do the missions with the flowers for the wife.  The ending will...surprise you.

I really liked it, too.

Slak, just so you know, you can finish all of the sidequests except for the "Strange Man" one after you beat the game.  I'm still doing the one for the guy with the flying machine.  Definitely finish the Strange Man quest before you do the ending, because it adds a lot to the story.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 24, 2010, 01:44:29 PM

I really liked it, too.

Slak, just so you know, you can finish all of the sidequests except for the "Strange Man" one after you beat the game.  I'm still doing the one for the guy with the flying machine.  Definitely finish the Strange Man quest before you do the ending, because it adds a lot to the story.

See, this I don't get.  Who was that guy?  Was it Marston's conscience ?  A representative of his morality?  I'm still confused who that was.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 24, 2010, 01:47:09 PM

I really liked it, too.

See, this I don't get.  Who was that guy?  Was it Marston's conscience ?  A representative of his morality?  I'm still confused who that was.

I'm sure RV will be along in a minute to tell me how wrong I am, but I assumed he was the Death.  When he tells Marston "This is a nice spot, isn't it?" he's standing on the site of his eventual grave.  Plus, when Marston says "Damn you!" he replies, "Many already have."  I think he was either Death or John Locke.  Plus, the guy says he's met Marston before, possibly because he's almost died before?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2010, 02:38:04 PM »

I really liked it, too.

Excellent info. I finally tracked down the cannibal. That was really fun. I let him fight me for a while and I didn't use a weapon. I kept knocking him down but he wouldn't stay down. Eventually I lassoed him and brought him to the jail when I realized that no one was there to arrest him and give me any reward money. So I spread his brains out all over the floor.

Satisfyin'.