News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  ( 46,201 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2010, 02:50:37 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2010, 02:38:04 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 24, 2010, 01:44:29 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 24, 2010, 01:23:51 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 24, 2010, 11:07:06 AM
Has anyone else finished this yet?  Not a bad ending at all, in my opinion.

Finished it.  Loved the ending.  Touching.

Slak, do the missions with the flowers for the wife.  The ending will...surprise you.

I really liked it, too.

Slak, just so you know, you can finish all of the sidequests except for the "Strange Man" one after you beat the game.  I'm still doing the one for the guy with the flying machine.  Definitely finish the Strange Man quest before you do the ending, because it adds a lot to the story.

Excellent info. I finally tracked down the cannibal. That was really fun. I let him fight me for a while and I didn't use a weapon. I kept knocking him down but he wouldn't stay down. Eventually I lassoed him and brought him to the jail when I realized that no one was there to arrest him and give me any reward money. So I spread his brains out all over the floor.

Satisfyin'.

Yeah, I dragged his ass back to jail, too, before I realized I didn't need to.  When I saw there was no point in leaving him in jail, I dragged him back out into the wild and left him there, hogtied.  Leaving a cannibal tied up to be eaten by wild animals.  That's Western justice.

Anyhow, I think the only guys you need to bring back to the jail are the bounties.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2010, 02:51:25 PM »

Slak, do the missions with the flowers for the wife.  The ending will...surprise you.

I really liked it, too.

Slak, just so you know, you can finish all of the sidequests except for the "Strange Man" one after you beat the game.  I'm still doing the one for the guy with the flying machine.  Definitely finish the Strange Man quest before you do the ending, because it adds a lot to the story.

Excellent info. I finally tracked down the cannibal. That was really fun. I let him fight me for a while and I didn't use a weapon. I kept knocking him down but he wouldn't stay down. Eventually I lassoed him and brought him to the jail when I realized that no one was there to arrest him and give me any reward money. So I spread his brains out all over the floor.

Satisfyin'.

That cannibal one frustrated me. It kept telling me to go north and I'd go to the area indicated, but everytime I'd pull up to the place, some guy would be standing there and fall to the ground. It did this about 4-5 times on me. I'm not sure what I was supposed to do.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2010, 02:55:24 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 24, 2010, 02:51:25 PM

I really liked it, too.

Satisfyin'.

That cannibal one frustrated me. It kept telling me to go north and I'd go to the area indicated, but everytime I'd pull up to the place, some guy would be standing there and fall to the ground. It did this about 4-5 times on me. I'm not sure what I was supposed to do.

Quit bein' such a ninny, I reckon!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »

Ew. So I did this. Then I got to thinkin' - fuck that guy. So I went back in his house where he was and shot up his wife right in front of him. Head came off. Glorious.

Pecker starts shooting me! So I shot his foot off. Apparently that wasn't enough. He rose from the Footless and came up shooting. So I put the rifle under his chin and blew his brains out.

Probably did him a favor.

Wish I could get my flowers back.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2010, 09:48:54 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 24, 2010, 02:50:37 PM

I really liked it, too.

Satisfyin'.

Yeah, I dragged his ass back to jail, too, before I realized I didn't need to.  When I saw there was no point in leaving him in jail, I dragged him back out into the wild and left him there, hogtied.  Leaving a cannibal tied up to be eaten by wild animals.  That's Western justice.

Anyhow, I think the only guys you need to bring back to the jail are the bounties.

I was once robbed of my horse by a prostitute dressed only in her underwear ...

I caught up with her, hogtied her, and left her on the train tracks.  (I'm pretty sure you get extra honor if you don't gun down your horse thief, but I don't really understand why)
M'lady.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2010, 12:15:21 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2010, 09:50:59 PM

Ew. So I did this. Then I got to thinkin' - fuck that guy. So I went back in his house where he was and shot up his wife right in front of him. Head came off. Glorious.

Pecker starts shooting me! So I shot his foot off. Apparently that wasn't enough. He rose from the Footless and came up shooting. So I put the rifle under his chin and blew his brains out.

Probably did him a favor.

Wish I could get my flowers back.

SGil was watching this mission as I completed it.  She said it was touching and romantic.

I sipped whiskey, looked at her askance and went back to playing.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2010, 09:32:12 AM »
Final part of my NerdSpree - did anyone get the zombie DLC? I'm regretting trading in this game because the ad I saw last night made the zombie stuff look amazing. I'm going to have to steal this back from someone.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2010, 09:50:40 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 09:32:12 AM
Final part of my NerdSpree - did anyone get the zombie DLC? I'm regretting trading in this game because the ad I saw last night made the zombie stuff look amazing. I'm going to have to steal this back from someone.

I can check it out.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 09:32:12 AM

I traded mine in too, saw this, and have no regrets really.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2010, 12:52:02 PM »
It's nearly time for my annual purchase of a game.  Bearing in mind that I never, ever play online, should I buy this one, or Fallout : New Vegas?  Or something else?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 12, 2010, 12:52:02 PM
It's nearly time for my annual purchase of a game.  Bearing in mind that I never, ever play online, should I buy this one, or Fallout : New Vegas?  Or something else?

Fallout.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2010, 04:10:23 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 12, 2010, 03:14:44 PM

Fallout.

Done, and done.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »

Fallout.

I don't even have New Vegas yet and I agree with this.  RDR is really, really great, but probably only good for one fun playthrough.  Fallout is a time vampire.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2010, 08:33:23 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on December 13, 2010, 04:32:49 PM

Fallout.

I don't even have New Vegas yet and I agree with this.  RDR is really, really great, but probably only good for one fun playthrough.  Fallout is a time vampire.

I'm ever so close to heading back to Hidden Valley and just wiping out all of the Brotherhood of Steel. Fuck those guys.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2010, 10:58:37 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 13, 2010, 08:33:23 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on December 13, 2010, 04:32:49 PM

Fallout.

I'm ever so close to heading back to Hidden Valley and just wiping out all of the Brotherhood of Steel. Fuck those guys.

I've longed to do that since the original Fallout.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck