News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  ( 46,202 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »
Quote from: Poon on May 27, 2010, 06:27:43 AM
I'm tryin to trade Skate 3 for this with some shmucks on the craigs list. Yeah, I fuckin bought Skate 3.  What a waste.

Was it?  I heard the first two were actually really good.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
Once again, while searching for wolves to kill (note: they seem to only come out during the day), a cougar came up from behind and mauled me in the back.  It scared the shit out of me.  Somehow, I survived the attack, switched to Dead Aim, and put about 5 rifle shots in his stupid cougar head.  I think I'm on the 5th Hunter challenge and 6th or 7th Sharpshooter.  The next challenge is to kill 3 bears, using only one shot for each one.  I am very much looking forward to going bear hunting.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
Kerm, didn't you say you wanted to do some online play? Is it like GTA's online? And if so, let's do it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 27, 2010, 01:16:05 PM
Kerm, didn't you say you wanted to do some online play? Is it like GTA's online? And if so, let's do it.

The sex, not the gaming, right?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 27, 2010, 12:39:39 PM
Quote from: Poon on May 27, 2010, 06:27:43 AM
I'm tryin to trade Skate 3 for this with some shmucks on the craigs list. Yeah, I fuckin bought Skate 3.  What a waste.

Was it?  I heard the first two were actually really good.

I played some of teh first two and really it's just more of the same.  Sure it's a fun game but they didn't add enough to really make the 3rd one worth a damn.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 27, 2010, 01:16:05 PM

I haven't tried it yet, but, yes, I'd like to.  I should be on tonight.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2010, 09:35:48 AM »
Yeti and I got in some multiplayer, and it was a blast.  Fair warning.  As in any online game, many people play this like shitheads.  I spent about 15 minutes respawning and getting ridden down and killed by the same two people over and over.  It was pretty annoying.  I'm assuming that's what happened to you, Slak.  I couldn't get to where they spawned you in time.  But if you join a posse and stick together, the game is a lot of fun.  Before I met up with Yeti, I was in a posse of 8 (or whatever the maximum number is).  Six of us jumped into a stagecoach, rode right through the middle of a fort, and shot the place up.  I'm really enjoying this game.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2010, 10:45:21 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 28, 2010, 09:35:48 AM
Yeti and I got in some multiplayer, and it was a blast.  Fair warning.  As in any online game, many people play this like shitheads.  I spent about 15 minutes respawning and getting ridden down and killed by the same two people over and over.  It was pretty annoying.  I'm assuming that's what happened to you, Slak.  I couldn't get to where they spawned you in time.  But if you join a posse and stick together, the game is a lot of fun.  Before I met up with Yeti, I was in a posse of 8 (or whatever the maximum number is).  Six of us jumped into a stagecoach, rode right through the middle of a fort, and shot the place up.  I'm really enjoying this game.

That sounds totally super. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »

Sorry I couldn't join the gheyness last night.  I've played a little bit of multiplayer, and getting killed over and over by the same person is annoying as hell.  I was doing one of those hideout raids at Fort Mercer, and died about 5 times because some douchebag was just sitting in a doorway, killing me every time I tried to finish.  I'll definitely have to join you guys next time.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 28, 2010, 11:06:14 AM

Sorry I couldn't join the gheyness last night.  I've played a little bit of multiplayer, and getting killed over and over by the same person is annoying as hell.  I was doing one of those hideout raids at Fort Mercer, and died about 5 times because some douchebag was just sitting in a doorway, killing me every time I tried to finish.  I'll definitely have to join you guys next time.

I don't have RDR, but I guess playing a whole shit ton of GTA IV's Free Mode qualifies me to join the conversation.  Didn't Rockstar have to patch GTA IV to allow you to spawn away from the same guy with a rocket launcher who would kill you time after time after time after time after time after time after time?

Anyway, I heard RDR is a blast, but I just don't have the time for it.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

That was exactly what was happening and my fat Mexican character couldn't find his shitty burro fast enough to get away. But then, also, the baby started crying so it was not to be.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »
Your kids are the worst.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 28, 2010, 11:44:19 AM
Your kids are the worst.

Worse than your mom's kids?

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2010, 12:06:45 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 28, 2010, 11:43:51 AM

That was exactly what was happening and my fat Mexican character couldn't find his shitty burro fast enough to get away. But then, also, the baby started crying so it was not to be.

Fortunately, you can usually grab a horse soon after starting.  But, yes, the spawn-camping is atrocious.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 28, 2010, 12:06:45 PM
Quote from: Slaky on May 28, 2010, 11:43:51 AM

Fortunately, you can usually grab a horse soon after starting.  But, yes, the spawn-camping is atrocious.

I'm not a big multiplayer guy in the first place.