News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  ( 46,201 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2010, 12:24:22 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 28, 2010, 12:12:38 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 28, 2010, 12:06:45 PM
Quote from: Slaky on May 28, 2010, 11:43:51 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 28, 2010, 09:35:48 AM
Yeti and I got in some multiplayer, and it was a blast.  Fair warning.  As in any online game, many people play this like shitheads.  I spent about 15 minutes respawning and getting ridden down and killed by the same two people over and over.  It was pretty annoying.  I'm assuming that's what happened to you, Slak.  I couldn't get to where they spawned you in time.  But if you join a posse and stick together, the game is a lot of fun.  Before I met up with Yeti, I was in a posse of 8 (or whatever the maximum number is).  Six of us jumped into a stagecoach, rode right through the middle of a fort, and shot the place up.  I'm really enjoying this game.

That was exactly what was happening and my fat Mexican character couldn't find his shitty burro fast enough to get away. But then, also, the baby started crying so it was not to be.

Fortunately, you can usually grab a horse soon after starting.  But, yes, the spawn-camping is atrocious.

I'm not a big multiplayer guy in the first place.

Same here.  At least the competitive stuff, because I get shot in the face too much.  I do like co-op stuff a lot, though, and this one could be fun sometime with a group of Desipiots.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2010, 01:04:45 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 28, 2010, 12:24:22 PM
Yeti and I got in some multiplayer, and it was a blast.  Fair warning.  As in any online game, many people play this like shitheads.  I spent about 15 minutes respawning and getting ridden down and killed by the same two people over and over.  It was pretty annoying.  I'm assuming that's what happened to you, Slak.  I couldn't get to where they spawned you in time.  But if you join a posse and stick together, the game is a lot of fun.  Before I met up with Yeti, I was in a posse of 8 (or whatever the maximum number is).  Six of us jumped into a stagecoach, rode right through the middle of a fort, and shot the place up.  I'm really enjoying this game.

That was exactly what was happening and my fat Mexican character couldn't find his shitty burro fast enough to get away. But then, also, the baby started crying so it was not to be.

Fortunately, you can usually grab a horse soon after starting.  But, yes, the spawn-camping is atrocious.

Same here.  At least the competitive stuff, because I get shot in the face too much.  I do like co-op stuff a lot, though, and this one could be fun sometime with a group of Desipiots.

You can play cooperatively?  I mean in the story mode...
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »

THIS. Get a nice band of us together, and it should be a good time. Kerm and I have leveled up a decent amount, too.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2010, 03:14:46 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 28, 2010, 01:04:45 PM

You can play cooperatively?  I mean in the story mode...

You can cooperate to clear out gang hideouts.  But, no, there's no story.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2010, 12:23:26 PM »
So the wife is leaving the country for a few weeks with the kid before I head over there to meet up. In the meantime I'm going to be getting very high and playing lots of Xbox when I'm not out getting shitfaced.

We'll have to try that posse stuff again. I want to get those achievements.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2010, 12:31:49 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 04, 2010, 12:23:26 PM
So the wife is leaving the country for a few weeks with the kid before I head over there to meet up. In the meantime I'm going to be getting very high and playing lots of Xbox when I'm not out getting shitfaced.

I'm in. I got some rockstar achievement last night. It's one of those you get by killing someone with that achievement, so if any of you play with me, you can kill me once to get it.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:51 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2010, 12:31:49 PM

I'm in. I got some rockstar achievement last night. It's one of those you get by killing someone with that achievement, so if any of you play with me, you can kill me once to get it.

How do you get it in the first place then?  Do you have to be playing in a game with a Rockstar employee?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 04, 2010, 12:42:51 PM

How do you get it in the first place then?  Do you have to be playing in a game with a Rockstar employee?

it probably spreads really quick. In FIFA there's an achievement just like it - you have to beat someone on XBox live who has the fever or some such shit. I've won like 10 total games in my FIFA online history and even I got it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 04, 2010, 12:42:51 PM

Not entirely sure. It said it on the achievement, though. I just didn't read it closely

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2010, 12:54:04 PM »

It's a damn shame we all haven't gotten together for some ghaming gheyness.  The only Desipiots I've played with are Yeti and Kerm...I think Weebs, once.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 04, 2010, 12:54:04 PM

It's a damn shame we all haven't gotten together for some ghaming gheyness.  The only Desipiots I've played with are Yeti and Kerm...I think Weebs, once.

Maybe if you got a mic, we could kill some bitches on MW2.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 04, 2010, 01:42:19 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 04, 2010, 12:54:04 PM

Maybe if you got a mic, we could kill some bitches on MW2.

I'm trying to save a little to get the Turtle Beach headset.  Look, I'll get a shitty bluetooth thingy off ebay, that way we can crack skulls in the meantime.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »
Picked this up yesterday and played a bunch of the single player.  Just as fun as the first one and they made the horse riding a lot more fun.  I'm up for trying it out online if and when you asses are playing it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »

I just like the fact that the dude on the bus ad looks like Brent Sopel.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 07, 2010, 10:37:31 AM

I just like the fact that the dude on the bus ad looks like Brent Sopel.

That's the main character. He's definitely a Sopel.