News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread  ( 171,857 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread
« Reply #840 on: May 21, 2010, 08:48:56 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 20, 2010, 06:04:22 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 20, 2010, 05:59:35 PM
As much as the bullpen has sucked, the Cubs would/could be within a game of .500 if Dempster didn't give up home runs like he's Ted Lilly it's the NLDS/his job.

For pitching as "well" as he has, he's given up definitely a few deep balls at horrible time.

I can't stand Dempster, but this is just dumb. 

You just don't get it, Huey. That Dempster loser, leading the rotation in IP and WHIP, he SUCKS.

Has CFiHP been right about anything, ever?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #841 on: May 21, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 21, 2010, 08:48:56 AM
Quote from: MAD on May 20, 2010, 06:04:22 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 20, 2010, 05:59:35 PM
As much as the bullpen has sucked, the Cubs would/could be within a game of .500 if Dempster didn't give up home runs like he's Ted Lilly it's the NLDS/his job.

For pitching as "well" as he has, he's given up definitely a few deep balls at horrible time.

I can't stand Dempster, but this is just dumb. 

You just don't get it, Huey. That Dempster loser, leading the rotation in IP and WHIP, he SUCKS.

Has CFiHP been right about anything, ever?

What does this have to do with Pittsburgh?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #842 on: May 21, 2010, 03:22:26 PM »

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #847 on: May 27, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
Zambrano, Jackson, and Cashner, 6th inning to 8th inning in 2011! I'm sure moving their top 2 starting pitching prospects to the bullpen has nothing to do with Hendry trying to keep his job.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/05/26/cashner-quickest-route-to-the-majors-might-be-the-pen/

Quote"We did the same experiment with Jay Jackson," Iowa pitching coach Mike Mason said. "Jackson passed, now it's Cashner's turn to see if he can acclimate to the bullpen."

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #848 on: May 27, 2010, 08:54:38 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 27, 2010, 08:52:00 AM
Zambrano, Jackson, and Cashner, 6th inning to 8th inning in 2011! I'm sure moving their top 2 starting pitching prospects to the bullpen has nothing to do with Hendry trying to keep his job.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/05/26/cashner-quickest-route-to-the-majors-might-be-the-pen/

Quote"We did the same experiment with Jay Jackson," Iowa pitching coach Mike Mason said. "Jackson passed, now it's Cashner's turn to see if he can acclimate to the bullpen."

Oh yeah.  Jay Jackson.  I remember him!

Wait...WHAT?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #849 on: May 27, 2010, 09:02:33 AM »

Just look at how the experiment worked for Samardija.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #850 on: May 27, 2010, 09:19:59 AM »
Wow - this is scary. I hope, for the sake of his career, that Andrew Cashner finds a way to get himself traded.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #851 on: May 27, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 27, 2010, 09:19:59 AM
Wow - this is scary. I hope, for the sake of his career, that Andrew Cashner finds a way to get himself traded.

The fact that the little I've seen of him reminds me enough of a young Kerry Wood convinces me his arm will explode in three years, max.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #852 on: May 27, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 27, 2010, 09:24:24 AM

The fact that the little I've seen of him reminds me enough of a young Kerry Wood convinces me his arm will explode in three years, max.

So the best hope for the number one pitching prospect in the org. is either to be traded or have an arm explosion. Go Cubs.

Yes, I'm completely ruling out major league success as a starter in a Cubs uniform.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #853 on: May 27, 2010, 10:06:23 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 27, 2010, 09:46:30 AM
Quote from: Fork on May 27, 2010, 09:24:24 AM

So the best hope for the number one pitching prospect in the org. is either to be traded or have an arm explosion. Go Cubs.

Yes, I'm completely ruling out major league success as a starter in a Cubs uniform.

All this dicking around with minor league pitchers is so dumb. This year's Cubs are not going to contend. Why mess with the development of your prospects in the hopes of staying in contention until August instead of July?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #854 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:49 AM »

Wait, wasn't Cashner a closer in college?  Then, the Cubs decided to stretch him out, right?  Now, they want to put him back in the pen?  Goddamn it.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"