News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lenny Dykstra - Financial Genius  ( 14,109 )

Joe

• Hank White Fan Club

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Lenny Dykstra - Financial Genius
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »
You know you've encountered good writing when the lede just describes the photo directly above it...

QuoteCAMARILLO, Calif. -- He's slumped behind a desk, looking frumpy in a sweater vest and tan cap.

Enticing!
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »
"If I can cut somebody from the neck all the way down to the pubis with a scalpel, then I cannot be intimidated."

—Dr. Festus Dada, M.D.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »
I've always hated that fat fucking toad Dykstra.  I've been seeing articles on he and his stupid fucking business for the last couple of years, and I hope to god he ends up broke in the fucking gutter, too poor to purchase the firearm that he requires to put himself out of his misery.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:09:37 PM »
Festus Dada is an awesome fucking name.

DOCTOR Festus Dada is seven kinds of awesome.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:26:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 22, 2009, 09:58:09 PM
I've always hated that fat fucking toad Dykstra.  I've been seeing articles on he and his stupid fucking business for the last couple of years, and I hope to god he ends up broke in the fucking gutter, too poor to purchase the firearm that he requires to put himself out of his misery.

Since it appears that he's running a Ponzi scheme, maybe he can share a cell with Bernie Madoff instead.  And he's a Mets fan, natch.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »
Lenny gave me great advice one time.  He said I should never use Skoal and take up Kodiak.  It was great advice.  Of course, I was 7 when he told me.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 10:03:26 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 23, 2009, 09:26:23 AM

Since it appears that he's running a Ponzi scheme, maybe he can share a cell with Bernie Madoff instead.  And he's a Mets fan, natch.

Ponzi schemes tend to be more organized than this.

I'm not sure what Dykstra's got going even qualifies as a "scheme."

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
Quote from: Tank on April 23, 2009, 10:03:26 AM

Maybe in the "hairbrained" or "screwball" sense. Like Lucy trying to get into Ricky's show.

"Lenny, you got some 'splainin' to do"
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 10:31:37 AM »

Lenny's scheme seems a bit more straight forward.

Step 1:  Agree to a contract with someone in which you will pay them a set amount of money to do certain work.

Step 2: Either stop paying that person mid-project or refuse to pay them at the end.

Step 3: When said person complains, declare that the work they did is in no way worth what you agreed to pay them for it, which is tantamount to theft.

Step 4: Continue to refer to yourself as "Nails" despite the fact that you spent half your fucking career on the DL.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 23, 2009, 10:31:37 AM

Lenny's scheme seems a bit more straight forward.

Step 1:  Agree to a contract with someone in which you will pay them a set amount of money to do certain work.

Step 2: Either stop paying that person mid-project or refuse to pay them at the end.

Step 3: When said person complains, declare that the work they did is in no way worth what you agreed to pay them for it, which is tantamount to theft.

Step 4: Continue to refer to yourself as "Nails" despite the fact that you spent half your fucking career on the DL.

Lenny's got a little H.H. Holmes in him.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 10:41:15 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 23, 2009, 10:31:37 AM

Steroids are hard on the body.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 10:42:11 AM »
I like that the two most famous people to endorse him are Jim Cramer and George W. Bush.

No way that goes wrong...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Now that I think about it, its less of a Ponzi scheme, but one of the things Dykstra did was provide some notes for money due to him (which he had already forgiven as part of a prior 'deal gone bad') as supposed collateral for a future loan, which is a bad bad thing. 

Also still have to respect the fact he robbed a Nigerian.  He's helping to rebalance the balance of fraud.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.