News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lenny Dykstra - Financial Genius  ( 14,109 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lenny Dykstra - Financial Genius
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 11:01:04 AM »
QuoteHis life in high finance includes street cred, too, at least for now. CNBC personality Jim "Mad Money" Cramer hypes him as a stock guru.

That's like the financial kiss of death.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »
Even AIG wanted nothing to do with him.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:08 AM »
Holy shit, Lenny is like a horrific douchemutant that combines every genre of douche imaginable. My favorite quote so far:

QuoteAsked if the ambitious design to provide a handful of specialty services for pro athletes is in place, Dykstra says confidently, "Have I got a 12-inch c---, or what? Of course, it is all in place. It might not look like it, but everything I do is part of a plan."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 11:07:15 AM »
Quote from: RV on April 23, 2009, 11:04:08 AM
Holy shit, Lenny is like a horrific douchemutant that combines every genre of douche imaginable. My favorite quote so far:

QuoteAsked if the ambitious design to provide a handful of specialty services for pro athletes is in place, Dykstra says confidently, "Have I got a 12-inch c---, or what? Of course, it is all in place. It might not look like it, but everything I do is part of a plan."

My favorite part (again, so far) was how he tried to sneak in a contract clause that allowed Pete Incaviglia to manage a car wash.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 23, 2009, 10:51:46 AM
Now that I think about it, its less of a Ponzi scheme, but one of the things Dykstra did was provide some notes for money due to him (which he had already forgiven as part of a prior 'deal gone bad') as supposed collateral for a future loan, which is a bad bad thing. 

Also still have to respect the fact he robbed a Nigerian.  He's helping to rebalance the balance of fraud.

That's what the 419 Eaters are for.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 11:09:23 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 23, 2009, 11:07:15 AM

My favorite part (again, so far) was how he tried to sneak in a contract clause that allowed Pete Incaviglia to manage a car wash.

Poor Inky.  You just know when they finally catch up with Dykstra and he's dead broke, Lenny's going to want to crash on Pete's couch.

"I was gonna make you a manager, man!"

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 23, 2009, 11:09:23 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 23, 2009, 11:07:15 AM

Poor Inky.  You just know when they finally catch up with Dykstra and he's dead broke, Lenny's going to want to crash on Pete's couch.

"I was gonna make you a manager, man!"

Lenny probably bought Pete his million dollar house in the first place, bro.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »
Lesson learned here, thank the big guy you aren't a professional athlete. People always looking to take advantage of them, even family.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »
More Lenny:

QuoteI say I'm looking for a leadership position at a growing publication and that The Players Club seems like the perfect fit. Lenny responds by showing me his watch.

"I don't wear jewelry, except for this," he says. "It's the best in the world—costs sixty-five grand."

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_8558

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 02:09:23 PM »
The thing I remember most fondly about Lenny was that, at least once a season, he'd go back to the wall at Wrigley and somebody would dump a beer on him.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »
Lenny Dykstra is shady?  You don't say.

I fondly remember Lenny routinely charging in on basehits up the middle and attempting to throw runners out at home, only to throw the ball 100mph into the ground about 6 feet in front of him.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on April 23, 2009, 02:22:59 PM
Lenny Dykstra is shady?  You don't say.

I fondly remember Lenny routinely charging in on basehits up the middle and attempting to throw runners out at home, only to throw the ball 100mph into the ground about 6 feet in front of him.

So that's where Jock learned it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 23, 2009, 02:06:59 PM
More Lenny:

QuoteI say I'm looking for a leadership position at a growing publication and that The Players Club seems like the perfect fit. Lenny responds by showing me his watch.

"I don't wear jewelry, except for this," he says. "It's the best in the world—costs sixty-five grand."

If it wasn't a beltwatch, it's not the best.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 08:13:05 PM »
More Lenny:

Nobody can call Lenny a racist. He put three darkies and a bitch on his first four covers.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:57 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 23, 2009, 08:13:05 PM
More Lenny:

Nobody can call Lenny a racist. He put three spearchuckers darkies and a bitch on his first four covers.

Bro'd