Desipio Message Board
April 17, 2014, 09:59:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Lenny Dykstra - Financial Genius  (Read 5581 times)
flannj
Fukakke Fan Club

"Knew your father, I did"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »

Not flying quite as high any more - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4313487

Dykstra, 46, has no more than $50,000 in assets and between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities, according to a petition filed Tuesday with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Central District of California.

That's got to be some sort of record for asset/liability ratio.
Between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities?
Nice tight bid / ask spread.

Its a check off box on the form you file with the Bankruptcy Court.

But you also have to file a list of your largest creditors:

Hard to believe he would slip through Washington Mutual's and Countrywides crack underwriting procedures.  Also note that second  item on the list.  Que Gil? (I know your federal, but employee withholding related debts are sometimes not dischargeable in bankruptcy)

Indeed.  In this particular case, wasn't he running some sort of chain of car washes, or something?  I believe that there was one in Santa Monica, or somewhere.

We had a case against Mervyn's a large retail store a few months back that went into compliance for backpay right when they went under into bankruptcy.  We had to send that case to Special Litigation, but it turns out that if a federal compliance or criminal action is ongoing before the bankruptcy filing, then said agency can still get the money on behalf of third-parties.  If an action for backpay is initiated after a bankruptcy filing, then we are essentially powerless.
I realize I'm naive, but holy crap these numbers are just stunning.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen
ChuckD
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »

Not flying quite as high any more - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4313487

Dykstra, 46, has no more than $50,000 in assets and between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities, according to a petition filed Tuesday with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Central District of California.

That's got to be some sort of record for asset/liability ratio.
Between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities?
Nice tight bid / ask spread.

Its a check off box on the form you file with the Bankruptcy Court.

But you also have to file a list of your largest creditors:

Hard to believe he would slip through Washington Mutual's and Countrywides crack underwriting procedures.  Also note that second  item on the list.  Que Gil? (I know your federal, but employee withholding related debts are sometimes not dischargeable in bankruptcy)

Indeed.  In this particular case, wasn't he running some sort of chain of car washes, or something?  I believe that there was one in Santa Monica, or somewhere.

We had a case against Mervyn's a large retail store a few months back that went into compliance for backpay right when they went under into bankruptcy.  We had to send that case to Special Litigation, but it turns out that if a federal compliance or criminal action is ongoing before the bankruptcy filing, then said agency can still get the money on behalf of third-parties.  If an action for backpay is initiated after a bankruptcy filing, then we are essentially powerless.
I realize I'm naive, but holy crap these numbers are just stunning.

Stunning-LY AWESOME?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:36:07 PM by ChuckD » Logged
Tank
Folklorist/Library Cop
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 12:13:50 AM »

Stunning-LY AWESOME?

Um, yes?

Yes.

Yes.

"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser
R-V
Johnny Evers Fan Club

The dash don't be silent.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »

Update:

Dykstra is demanding the insurance company make good on its policy to put him up in a temporary residence because he says the house is now unlivable. "I don't mean to be crude," he says, "but where do they expect me to (go to the bathroom)?" He claims he has been "living in his car," though last night he says he stayed in the lobby of a Westwood hotel.

Nothing wrong with living in a mobile cheddar storage unit.

MAD
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Commit me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 12:30:49 PM »

I eagerly await the day when, instead of seeing that this thread is bumped, that I see Dykstra's name in the subject of a Dead Pool thread.  At this point, anything short of him just offing himself no longer interests me.

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »

I eagerly await the day when, instead of seeing that this thread is bumped, that I see Dykstra's name in the subject of a Dead Pool thread.  At this point, anything short of him just offing himself no longer interests me.

No one better for this offing than Ibanez, who's having a great year.

Bradley: 1. Ibanez: 1. Now who's the better choice? I'll hang up and wait for your response.
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 08:15:44 AM »

Bump.

TIME TO POST!
Dr. Nguyen Van Falk
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Cases won in 30 minutes or your pizza's free!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 10:16:56 AM »

So, yeah, all that hoopla about Nails auctioning off his stuff? Guess no one wanted it, since it's at a pawn shop now.

Deadspin, missing the entire point?

Go figure...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/32843505

Lenny Dykstra could use some cash right now, but an upcoming auction of his World Series trophy and ring will apparently not help him.

Instead, auction proceeds will go to the Beverly Hills pawn shop which claims Dykstra pawned the items but never reclaimed them.

The auction will be conducted October 1 and 2 through Heritage Auctions in Dallas.

Items include Dykstra's 1986 New York Mets World Series championship trophy and ring.

That's the real comedy of the situation.

There's also this:

Meantime, I've also received a copy of letter from attorneys representing the court-appointed trustee put in charge of managing Dykstra's Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The letter says that security guards at Sherwood Country Club have been told not to let Dykstra, or anyone representing him, near the two estates he owns inside.

"It has come to our attention that the properties...are being vandalized," the letter says.

WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 05:25:52 PM »

He's back.

http://www.nailsinvestments.com/
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »

At least now we know what Morph has been up to...

TIME TO POST!
Canadouche
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »

Dykstra and Isaah Thomas need to go into business together.

"Canada is a country that almost every single resident would flee if they could.  No Canadian with an IQ over 80 wants to live in Canada." - Tucker Carlson
Ivy6
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:10 PM »

Dykstra and Isaah Thomas need to go into business together.

lol.
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »

The price of awesomeness? $3200.

TIME TO POST!
CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 10:00:50 AM »

Bump.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-28/jim-cramer-lenny-dykstra-stock-scandal-reports-the-zeroes/

Canadouche
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »

How much longer will this go on before Dykstra eats one of those handguns that Oleg's so opposed to?  Death Pool, anybody?

"Canada is a country that almost every single resident would flee if they could.  No Canadian with an IQ over 80 wants to live in Canada." - Tucker Carlson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: