News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lenny Dykstra - Financial Genius  ( 14,042 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lenny Dykstra - Financial Genius
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on July 08, 2009, 08:00:46 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 08, 2009, 07:33:53 PM
Quote from: flannj on July 08, 2009, 06:13:44 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 08, 2009, 12:28:15 PM
Quote from: MidgetSellingWater on July 08, 2009, 12:00:00 PM
Not flying quite as high any more - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4313487

QuoteDykstra, 46, has no more than $50,000 in assets and between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities, according to a petition filed Tuesday with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Central District of California.

That's got to be some sort of record for asset/liability ratio.
Between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities?
Nice tight bid / ask spread.

Its a check off box on the form you file with the Bankruptcy Court.

But you also have to file a list of your largest creditors:

Hard to believe he would slip through Washington Mutual's and Countrywides crack underwriting procedures.  Also note that second  item on the list.  Que Gil? (I know your federal, but employee withholding related debts are sometimes not dischargeable in bankruptcy)

Indeed.  In this particular case, wasn't he running some sort of chain of car washes, or something?  I believe that there was one in Santa Monica, or somewhere.

We had a case against Mervyn's a large retail store a few months back that went into compliance for backpay right when they went under into bankruptcy.  We had to send that case to Special Litigation, but it turns out that if a federal compliance or criminal action is ongoing before the bankruptcy filing, then said agency can still get the money on behalf of third-parties.  If an action for backpay is initiated after a bankruptcy filing, then we are essentially powerless.
I realize I'm naive, but holy crap these numbers are just stunning.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 08, 2009, 10:09:07 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on July 08, 2009, 08:00:46 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 08, 2009, 07:33:53 PM
Quote from: flannj on July 08, 2009, 06:13:44 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 08, 2009, 12:28:15 PM
Quote from: MidgetSellingWater on July 08, 2009, 12:00:00 PM
Not flying quite as high any more - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4313487

QuoteDykstra, 46, has no more than $50,000 in assets and between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities, according to a petition filed Tuesday with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Central District of California.

That's got to be some sort of record for asset/liability ratio.
Between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities?
Nice tight bid / ask spread.

Its a check off box on the form you file with the Bankruptcy Court.

But you also have to file a list of your largest creditors:

Hard to believe he would slip through Washington Mutual's and Countrywides crack underwriting procedures.  Also note that second  item on the list.  Que Gil? (I know your federal, but employee withholding related debts are sometimes not dischargeable in bankruptcy)

Indeed.  In this particular case, wasn't he running some sort of chain of car washes, or something?  I believe that there was one in Santa Monica, or somewhere.

We had a case against Mervyn's a large retail store a few months back that went into compliance for backpay right when they went under into bankruptcy.  We had to send that case to Special Litigation, but it turns out that if a federal compliance or criminal action is ongoing before the bankruptcy filing, then said agency can still get the money on behalf of third-parties.  If an action for backpay is initiated after a bankruptcy filing, then we are essentially powerless.
I realize I'm naive, but holy crap these numbers are just stunning.

Stunning-LY AWESOME?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 12:13:50 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 08, 2009, 10:33:35 PM
Stunning-LY AWESOME?

Um, yes?

Yes.

Yes.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »
Update:

QuoteDykstra is demanding the insurance company make good on its policy to put him up in a temporary residence because he says the house is now unlivable. "I don't mean to be crude," he says, "but where do they expect me to (go to the bathroom)?" He claims he has been "living in his car," though last night he says he stayed in the lobby of a Westwood hotel.

Nothing wrong with living in a mobile cheddar storage unit.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 12:30:49 PM »
I eagerly await the day when, instead of seeing that this thread is bumped, that I see Dykstra's name in the subject of a Dead Pool thread.  At this point, anything short of him just offing himself no longer interests me.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
Quote from: MAD on August 27, 2009, 12:30:49 PM
I eagerly await the day when, instead of seeing that this thread is bumped, that I see Dykstra's name in the subject of a Dead Pool thread.  At this point, anything short of him just offing himself no longer interests me.

No one better for this offing than Ibanez, who's having a great year.

Bradley: 1. Ibanez: 1. Now who's the better choice? I'll hang up and wait for your response.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 08:15:44 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 10:16:56 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 24, 2009, 08:15:44 AM
Bump.

QuoteSo, yeah, all that hoopla about Nails auctioning off his stuff? Guess no one wanted it, since it's at a pawn shop now.

Deadspin, missing the entire point?

Go figure...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/32843505

QuoteLenny Dykstra could use some cash right now, but an upcoming auction of his World Series trophy and ring will apparently not help him.

Instead, auction proceeds will go to the Beverly Hills pawn shop which claims Dykstra pawned the items but never reclaimed them.

The auction will be conducted October 1 and 2 through Heritage Auctions in Dallas.

Items include Dykstra's 1986 New York Mets World Series championship trophy and ring.

That's the real comedy of the situation.

There's also this:

QuoteMeantime, I've also received a copy of letter from attorneys representing the court-appointed trustee put in charge of managing Dykstra's Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The letter says that security guards at Sherwood Country Club have been told not to let Dykstra, or anyone representing him, near the two estates he owns inside.

"It has come to our attention that the properties...are being vandalized," the letter says.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 07:41:59 AM »
Quote from: BH on February 09, 2010, 04:25:52 PM
He's back.

http://www.nailsinvestments.com/

At least now we know what Morph has been up to...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »
Dykstra and Isaah Thomas need to go into business together.
M'lady.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 01:15:10 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 11, 2010, 12:47:05 PM
Dykstra and Isaah Thomas need to go into business together.

lol.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »

The price of awesomeness? $3200.
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »
How much longer will this go on before Dykstra eats one of those handguns that Oleg's so opposed to?  Death Pool, anybody?
M'lady.