News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Questions about Swine Flu  ( 20,576 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Questions about Swine Flu
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 05, 2009, 02:51:33 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 05, 2009, 02:18:08 PM
I still don't get this.  Isn't swine flu no worse than regular flu?  In fact, I'd suggest swine flu is LESS dangerous, since anyone who has a runny nose in the next month is going to run to the ER for treatment.

Is this like every few years when the Florida media gets slow and writes its "OMG SHARKS ARE EATING MILLIONS OF HUMANS!" articles?  And then the shark attack numbers end up being pretty much the same as they are every year?

Lidle flu > Regular flu> Swine flu

If Lidle flu, he'd still be alive today.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »
I still don't get this.  Isn't swine flu no worse than regular flu?  In fact, I'd suggest swine flu is LESS dangerous, since anyone who has a runny nose in the next month is going to run to the ER for treatment.

Is this like every few years when the Florida media gets slow and writes its "OMG SHARKS ARE EATING MILLIONS OF HUMANS!" articles?  And then the shark attack numbers end up being pretty much the same as they are every year?

Obama isn't fucking up. The war in Iraq is boring right now. This is definitely just the media being bored and this is what we get. It's like this all the time. Remember Gary Condit? That was the media's fun in the summer of 2001. 9/11 was possibly the best thing that happened to Condit.

Edit: Also, he ended up being innocent. Hmpf

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on May 05, 2009, 03:08:20 PM

Obama isn't fucking up. The war in Iraq is boring right now. This is definitely just the media being bored and this is what we get. It's like this all the time. Remember Gary Condit? That was the media's fun in the summer of 2001. 9/11 was possibly the best thing that happened to Condit as well as Giuliani.

Rudy'd

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 05, 2009, 11:15:34 AM
Quote from: butthead on May 02, 2009, 11:35:55 AM
I was coughing up a storm last night because I have a cold, and I think I freaked out the guy working at 7-11 when I went in to get some food at 1am. The poor guy probably thinks he has swine flu now. That's too bad for him, but I really wanted some taquitos.

Me and the missus went down to Puerto Vallarta last week.  Before I left Chicago, I had a cold, and 6 straight days of day drinking didn't cure it as well as I assumed it would.  When we were leaving Sunday, my eyes were watering in the airport with my efforts to hold in any coughing.  Any time anyone on the plane so much as sniffled, they got suspicious looks.

The Mexican government went high-tech on this one, though.  In the PV aeropuerto, they pointed a laser thermometer at our heads to take our temperature.  Then, we had a very brief layover in Mexico City, during which time they put us in front of a screen that showed our body heat just like the Predator would see it.

Did you get some taquitos in Mexico? I mean, authentic Mexican taquitos.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »
Quote from: butthead on May 05, 2009, 04:18:56 PM
I was coughing up a storm last night because I have a cold, and I think I freaked out the guy working at 7-11 when I went in to get some food at 1am. The poor guy probably thinks he has swine flu now. That's too bad for him, but I really wanted some taquitos.

Me and the missus went down to Puerto Vallarta last week.  Before I left Chicago, I had a cold, and 6 straight days of day drinking didn't cure it as well as I assumed it would.  When we were leaving Sunday, my eyes were watering in the airport with my efforts to hold in any coughing.  Any time anyone on the plane so much as sniffled, they got suspicious looks.

The Mexican government went high-tech on this one, though.  In the PV aeropuerto, they pointed a laser thermometer at our heads to take our temperature.  Then, we had a very brief layover in Mexico City, during which time they put us in front of a screen that showed our body heat just like the Predator would see it.

No, she kept saying she had a headache.
Hire Jim Essian!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 05, 2009, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: Brownie on May 05, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
People had told me that the day pigs would fly would be the day the Cubs won the World Series. Now I'm hearing that "Swine Flew," so was everything after October 1 a bad dream?

On second thought, I think I'd be happier with the money.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009, 10:30:17 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 05, 2009, 02:07:41 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on May 05, 2009, 11:54:42 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2009, 11:33:44 AM
Quote from: Brownie on May 05, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
People had told me that the day pigs would fly would be the day the Cubs won the World Series. Now I'm hearing that "Swine Flew," so was everything after October 1 a bad dream?

Who gave Chuck TJ's login?

Fork.

I wouldn't give Chuck shit.

Scratch that, I give him shit all the time.
That explains the ticket location.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2009, 07:32:13 AM »
Quote from: butthead on May 05, 2009, 04:18:56 PM

Or were they Sears tacos?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 06, 2009, 07:32:13 AM
Or were they Sears tacos?
Excellent.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 04:19:45 AM »
I'm so ashamed.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.