News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 120,600 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »
It could also go in the 80's Mariners thread

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2014, 09:08:42 AM »
http://www.murraychass.com/?p=7831

Jerry didn't get his way.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
If the Cubs sweep the now-eliminated Brewers this weekend, the Sox'll have to win at least one game against a hard-charging KC team in order to not finish with a worse record than the Cubs.  If the Cubs win 2 of 3, the Sox'll have to win at least 1 game to finish with the same record as the Cubs.

If either of those scenarios play out, the Sox will not have had a better record than the Cubs in each of the last two seasons, seasons in which the Cubs haven't even been trying to win.

Heh.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: September 26, 2014, 12:01:18 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 26, 2014, 11:14:12 AM
If the Cubs sweep the now-eliminated Brewers this weekend, the Sox'll have to win at least one game against a hard-charging KC team in order to not finish with a worse record than the Cubs.  If the Cubs win 2 of 3, the Sox'll have to win at least 1 game to finish with the same record as the Cubs.

If either of those scenarios play out, the Sox will not have had a better record than the Cubs in each of the last two seasons, seasons in which the Cubs haven't even been trying to win.

Heh.

All I'm hearing is that Rick Hahn gets a higher draft pick than Epstoyer. Don't like it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2014, 12:03:31 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 26, 2014, 12:01:18 PM

Heh.

All I'm hearing is that Rick Hahn gets a higher draft pick than Epstoyer. Don't like it.

Who cares the Sox are going to be bad for a long time

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 26, 2014, 12:03:31 PM

Heh.

That's not what I'm hearing from Hawk. They're on the verge:

White Sox World Series Plan
1. Abreu
2. Sale
3. ???
4. World Series
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »

Heh.

Especially since they're losing Paul Konerko, who Sox fans swear was better than Derek Jeter.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2014, 12:19:05 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 26, 2014, 12:05:55 PM

Heh.

Especially since they're losing Paul Konerko, who Sox fans swear was better than Derek Jeter.

1egen4ary

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2014, 12:47:22 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 26, 2014, 12:05:27 PM
1. Abreu
2. Sale
3. ???
4. World Series

That's more or less my fantasy baseball championship plan, but it doesn't seem to be working out this week.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: September 26, 2014, 01:47:56 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 26, 2014, 12:05:27 PM

Heh.

That's not what I'm hearing from Haugh. They're on the verge:

1. Abreu
2. Sale
3. ???
4. World Series

Let's go with someone more credible than Hawk.  How much more is debatable.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
ZACH! DUKE!  Here come the White Sox.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2014, 12:07:46 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 18, 2014, 12:04:40 PM

Well, he's a good reliever who will make their team better, so there's something.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2014, 03:28:13 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 18, 2014, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 18, 2014, 12:04:40 PM

Well, he's a good reliever who will make their team better, so there's something.

That's if he comes close to last year's outlying production over the next three seasons, but yeah.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: December 09, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
Who are the players the Sox are giving up for Samardzija?  I thought the Sox didn't have any prospects.   And is it assumed they'll lock Snork up beyond 2015?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2014, 08:08:30 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 07:06:51 AM
Who are the players the Sox are giving up for Samardzija?  I thought the Sox didn't have any prospects.   And is it assumed they'll lock Snork up beyond 2015?

I have no idea who they gave up for him, general consensus seems to be the Siemien kid or whatever isn't bad but the rest are nobodies. Think price was so low because it's Not a lock they'll extend him beyond 2015.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015