News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 120,685 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 09, 2014, 09:53:11 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 09:05:33 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 09, 2014, 08:54:47 AM
Sox fans are really happy about this so naturally I'm annoyed. This only serves to fuel the media if the Cubs miss on Lester and don't get a Name in a trade.

"It was supposed to be Theo's big offseason. No one was paying attention to the White Sox but Rick Hahn showed everyone that uggggggggggggggggggggggh"

I can't even complete writing that fake soon to be real story.

I'd be happy to the extent that nothing of value was apparently given up; but their hope has to be that Sale, Snork and Quintana (and pray for mañana)  can carry them to the playoffs and beyond somehow (seems iffy to me with that lineup besides Abreu) because if Samardzija has another nice season, then in  the words of their retarded cracker play-by-play man, "he gone".

Couldn't Rodon be a part of the big league team for a significant part of the season? If so they could have a nasty rotation. Sale, Snork, Quintana, Rodon and oxycodone (for their opponents - because they'll need it after facing that staff!!)

Yeah, Rodon will be in the bigs. He might follow the Bryant plan and start the year in the minors, but he's ready. If he's as good as advertised, that's probably the best rotation in the American League.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 09, 2014, 10:25:49 AM
Sox fans are really happy about this so naturally I'm annoyed. This only serves to fuel the media if the Cubs miss on Lester and don't get a Name in a trade.

"It was supposed to be Theo's big offseason. No one was paying attention to the White Sox but Rick Hahn showed everyone that uggggggggggggggggggggggh"

I'd be happy to the extent that nothing of value was apparently given up; but their hope has to be that Sale, Snork and Quintana (and pray for mañana)  can carry them to the playoffs and beyond somehow (seems iffy to me with that lineup besides Abreu) because if Samardzija has another nice season, then in  the words of their retarded cracker play-by-play man, "he gone".

Couldn't Rodon be a part of the big league team for a significant part of the season? If so they could have a nasty rotation. Sale, Snork, Quintana, Rodon and oxycodone (for their opponents - because they'll need it after facing that staff!!)

Yeah, Rodon will be in the bigs. He might follow the Bryant plan and start the year in the minors, but he's ready. If he's as good as advertised, that's probably the best rotation in the American League.

Their defense is still atrocious, their manager still a boob. Their offense has quite a few holes. But it could work out. And if it doesn't, the fire sale at the deadline could put them in really good position moving forward with all that pitching as the foundation. I don't think Hahn is doing a poor job right now, and if he's able to flip some of these assets for real prospects, the Sox could be a team on the rise. Good thing they're in the American League and we don't ever have to think about them or talk about them or dedicate entire threads to breaking down their existence. That would be lame.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 09, 2014, 10:45:24 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 09, 2014, 10:25:49 AM

Their defense is still atrocious, their manager still a boob. Their offense has quite a few holes. But it could work out. And if it doesn't, the fire sale at the deadline could put them in really good position moving forward with all that pitching as the foundation. I don't think Hahn is doing a poor job right now, and if he's able to flip some of these assets for real prospects, the Sox could be a team on the rise. Good thing they're in the American League and we don't ever have to think about them or talk about them or dedicate entire threads to breaking down their existence. That would be lame.

You ain't from around here, is you?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »
I don't think Hahn is doing a poor job right now, and if he's able to flip some of these assets for real prospects, the Sox could be a team on the rise.

Is this some sort of subtle satire, or has the Cubs' rebuild convinced people that they only way to win is to flip good major-league players for prospects?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2014, 11:25:15 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 09, 2014, 11:21:26 AM
I don't think Hahn is doing a poor job right now, and if he's able to flip some of these assets for real prospects, the Sox could be a team on the rise.

Is this some sort of subtle satire, or has the Cubs' rebuild convinced people that they only way to win is to flip good major-league players for prospects?

I didn't say it was the only way. It is one way to improve a team. That and drafting/signing good, young baseball players, which the Sox have done here and there.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 09, 2014, 11:25:15 AM

I didn't say it was the only way. It is one way to improve a team. That and drafting/signing good, young baseball players, which the Sox have done here and there.

I'm sure the Sox are planning to compete now. You are right that if it doesn't go as planned, they'll have some assets to trade by midseason.

You're also right that their defense is garbage. If they can shore that up a bit, they'll likely be in contention.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 09, 2014, 11:40:26 AM

I'm sure the Sox are planning to compete now. You are right that if it doesn't go as planned, they'll have some assets to trade by midseason.

You're also right that their defense is garbage. If they can shore that up a bit, they'll likely be in contention.

I'll give them credit for trying to be interesting at least.  There's value there.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2014, 11:49:56 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 08:56:40 AM
Also why wouldn't Beane start the year with Samardzija and flip him at the deadline?  Is he worried that the A's will accidentally compete for the playoffs, thus rendering the impetus to deal him--and then get nothing (except a draft pick)--moot?  Or does he think Samardzija actually sucks and his value will go down next year?

I just wonder what Beane's thinking was.

Pretty sure his thinking was, "I wonder what would happen if I traded Addison Russell, Billy McKinney, Yoenis Cespedes and Michael Ynoa for four mid-level prospects from MLB's 22nd best farm system?"
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 09, 2014, 11:42:43 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 09, 2014, 11:40:26 AM

I'll give them credit for trying to be interesting at least.  There's value there.

The working theory about the Sox is that they simply cannot afford to be bad considering no one goes to games when they're even good. They don't have the luxury of a long rebuild.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 09, 2014, 11:49:56 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 08:56:40 AM
Also why wouldn't Beane start the year with Samardzija and flip him at the deadline?  Is he worried that the A's will accidentally compete for the playoffs, thus rendering the impetus to deal him--and then get nothing (except a draft pick)--moot?  Or does he think Samardzija actually sucks and his value will go down next year?

I just wonder what Beane's thinking was.

Pretty sure his thinking was, "I wonder what would happen if I traded Addison Russell, Billy McKinney, Yoenis Cespedes and Michael Ynoa for four mid-level prospects from MLB's 22nd best farm system?"

That's not quite right. He was trying to win the 2014 World Series, and when that didn't happen he became so upset that he's begun flogging himself with a leather strap while watching soccer.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: January 05, 2015, 02:45:54 PM »
Bonerface is back in Chicago. They already signed Campana. Which shitty-to-meh ex-Cub will the Sox get next? Schierholtz?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: January 05, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 05, 2015, 02:45:54 PM
Bonerface is back in Chicago. They already signed Campana. Which shitty-to-meh ex-Cub will the Sox get next? Schierholtz?

S A M

F     U      L       D        !
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: January 05, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 05, 2015, 02:45:54 PM

MICHAEL RESTOVICH JAKE FOX MICAH HOFFPAUIR BRYAN LAHAIR DAN VOGELBACH

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
They must be all out of shitty ex-Cubs because now they're signing shitty ex-Sox like Gordon Beckham.  A lot of people I talk to are convinced the White Sox are going to be a lot better than the Cubs this year.  We'll see.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 28, 2015, 02:49:41 PM
They must be all out of shitty ex-Cubs because now they're signing shitty ex-Sox like Gordon Beckham.  A lot of people I talk to are convinced the White Sox are going to be a lot better than the Cubs this year.  We'll see.

I really don't get why they keep trying the Gordon Beckham thing. I guess I could understand keeping that awful bat in the lineup if he was a plus defender but he's really not. Has all of 1 seasons since his rookie year where he even scratched 1.0 WAR. Like even for vet minimum that seems like a spot where you could do better than him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015