News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Glee  ( 12,264 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Glee
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »
She played Julia Child's sister in Julie and Julia.  She fit the part very nicely, but there weren't a lot of laughs in that movie.  If there were I slept through them.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 11:28:16 PM »
Seems like the right thread.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 08:55:11 AM »
I didn't know TDubbs was on this show: "Are you questioning my badassness?  Have you seen these guns?"

Also, Rachel needs to always be wearing short skirts.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »
Bump.

Still find this show somewhat amusing. I think the santana girl is the best looking girl on the show.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 22, 2010, 01:36:01 PM
Bump.

Still find this show somewhat amusing. I think the santana girl is the best looking girl on the show.

The pamphlets in the Guidance Counselor's office were funny..."Why am I BLEEDING?", "The Proper Way To Wipe, It's As Easy AS 1-2-3!"
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »
Fuck Glee.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
Bump.

Yea. A female got me watching this show. I watch it for the women. Hot as shit.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 22, 2010, 01:53:10 PM
Bump.

Yea. A female got me watching this show. I watch it for the women. Hot as shit.

For reals? Because I don't.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 02:02:58 PM »
The show is funny in parts.  The Madonna episode was good, but I am a little perturbed by the increasing reliance on musical numbers.  I know it's a musical comedy show, but it seemed forced at points in the last episode.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 02:46:58 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 22, 2010, 02:02:58 PM
The show is funny in parts.  The Madonna episode was good, but I am a little perturbed by the increasing reliance on musical numbers.  I know it's a musical comedy show, but it seemed forced at points in the last episode.

I don't find the music too forced, but the whole Madonna thing this week definitely was.  I hope they don't have all these "theme" weeks that are probably just sponsored by whatever label the artist is signed on.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:02 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 22, 2010, 01:48:27 PM
Fuck Glee.

I'm kind of surprised you don't like it, actually.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 10:30:45 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 23, 2010, 08:27:02 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 22, 2010, 01:48:27 PM
Fuck Glee.

I'm kind of surprised you don't like it, actually.

The only thing better than liking things is hating things without giving them any fair chance.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:37 AM »

As cool as NPH can be, the fact that he couldn't make this show awesome, even by singing Aerosmith, means whatever oddball appeal this show once had is now gone.

Probably one more year of gimmick shows & casting, then fin.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 12:56:50 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 24, 2010, 10:26:37 AM

As cool as NPH can be, the fact that he couldn't make this show awesome, even by singing Aerosmith, means whatever oddball appeal this show once had is now gone.

Probably one more year of gimmick shows & casting, then fin.

Mrs. Cubbieblue reads the entertainment magazines while standing in the checkout line.  She tells me that this show is very popular with performers (or their agents) and it has become the show biz equivalent of product placement.  So if you don't like the product that week better avoid the show.  However, a couple of weeks ago one of the characters did a version of "The Lady Is A Tramp"  that started out Frank Sinatra and morphed into Sammy Davis Jr.  I found it very entertaining.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 09:10:09 AM »
I will have to DVR the next episode of Glee.  Mrs. Cubbieblue is taking me with her to a Tupperware party.