News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,961 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2009, 04:08:01 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 16, 2009, 03:49:54 PM
OK, this thing gets weirder.

QuoteDavid Hernandez, the investor in a Chicago Internet radio station who was accused Monday by federal regulators of operating a Ponzi scheme, is missing, according to the Downers Grove police.

Hernandez's wife, Gina, reported him missing after he did not return home from work Monday evening, police said. The couple live in Downers Grove.

Hernandez, 48, was last seen driving an olive-colored 2005 Ford Explorer, police said. He was wearing a burgundy shirt and khaki pants.

Hernandez bilked more than 100 investors in at least 12 states out of $11 million by guaranteeing fixed rates of return as high as 16 percent, the Securities and Exchange Commission said in a civil action filed Monday in federal court in Chicago.
Hernandez told investors that their money would fund a payday lending business but instead he used the cash for personal expenses and other business ventures. One was Chicago Sports Webio, an online site that broadcasts sports-talk shows featuring Mike North, Dan Jiggetts, Chet Coppock and other radio personalities, the SEC said.

Any person with information in regards to his whereabouts should contact the Downers Grove Police Department immediately at 630-434-5600.

Monday, he was at the Webio, busy addressing the soon-to-be-out-of-work staff, and suspending Jesse Rogers for asking Hernandez if he ever spent time in a Turkish prison.

QuoteMr. Rogers was on hand Monday when Mr. Hernandez addressed the staff. Mr. Hernandez wouldn't allow him to attend the meeting.

Mr. Rogers speculates that it stemmed from him asking questions about whether Mr. Hernandez spent time in jail. Mr. Hernandez was convicted of wire fraud in 1998 and was sentenced to 34 months in jail.

"Somebody asked him about it," Mr. Rogers said. "He denied it and learned that it had come from me. Turns out he suspended me."

Mr. Rogers learned that at the meeting Mr. Hernandez made accusations of improprieties against Mike North, his wife, BeBe, and Jeff Schwartz. Mr. North was a co-founder in the station, with BeBe serving as the chief operating officer and Mr. Schwartz as the sales manager.

"I want to stress Mike, BeBe and Jeff did nothing wrong," Mr. Rogers said. "I worked closely with BeBe and we went to David if we needed to get anything approved — a computer, travel. All they wanted to do was build something here."

The only question I have is that of Mike North, Chet Coppock, Jesse Rogers, George Ofman, Tim Doyle, Dan Jiggets, Jen Patterson and David "Don't Call Me Keith" Hernandez, only Hernandez disappears?

This is  a clown car that's on fire that's headed for a cliff.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 16, 2009, 04:08:01 PM

It's on air now, and listening to Chet. At one point, he mentioned that Hernandez yesterday offered to wire everyone the money if they gave them their bank acct #s and routing numbers.  That's when Rogers did some research and found his criminal history. Ergo, Rogers is suspended and barred him from the next meeting. Now, he's on the lam.

Now, Chet's suggesting that maybe he should follow Jake Utler around from Bourbonnais on (all the way to MIAMI!!!!111!!!ONE!!!!) and writing a book just the same way some clown in Milwaukee did in 1970 when the Bucks won it all (and Coppock was the radio producer).

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 16, 2009, 04:12:12 PM

It's on air now, and listening to Chet. At one point, he mentioned that Hernandez yesterday offered to wire everyone the money if they gave them their bank acct #s and routing numbers.  That's when Rogers did some research and found his criminal history. Ergo, Rogers is suspended and barred him from the next meeting. Now, he's on the lam.

Now, Chet's suggesting that maybe he should follow Jake Utler around from Bourbonnais on (all the way to MIAMI!!!!111!!!ONE!!!!) and writing a book just the same way some clown in Milwaukee did in 1970 when the Bucks won it all (and Coppock was the radio producer).

What we are overlooking is that this is the first time anyone has ever accused Jesse Rogers of asking a tough question.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 16, 2009, 04:15:31 PM

What we are overlooking is that this is the first time anyone has ever accused Jesse Rogers of asking a tough question.

How fun would it be if Rogers didn't have a moment of clarity and everyone gave their bank acct and routing numbers out?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
Wait.  Rogers is on the lam or Hernandez is?

QuoteHow fun would it be if Rogers didn't have a moment of clarity and everyone gave their bank acct and routing numbers out?
Boy am I glad I'm not their banker.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 16, 2009, 04:35:08 PM

QuoteHow fun would it be if Rogers didn't have a moment of clarity and everyone gave their bank acct and routing numbers out?

Hernandez is on the lam. Rogers is simply out of work.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »

I'd love to be their lawyer right now, though.
Hire Jim Essian!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2009, 06:51:26 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 16, 2009, 05:01:30 PM

I'd love to be their lawyer right now, though.

Not sure I want to be North's lawyer right now (although my guess is that Hernandez was HIS GUY! and so never had anyone do any diligence).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »
I'm surprised that most people don't think North was in on this scheme.  

Check out this "well written" take on it, conveniently linked to from NorthtoNorth.com.

http://chicagolandradioandmedia.blogspot.com/2009/06/chicagosportswebiocoms-meltdown.html

My favorite part, his use, twice of "negative naysayers" I find them much more irritating than the positive naysayers.

ChicagoSportsWebio shouldn't have worked, didn't work and never would have worked.

And, I like how the commenters are addressing North directly.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2009, 04:35:07 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 16, 2009, 08:03:06 PM
My favorite part, his use, twice of "negative naysayers" I find them much more irritating than the positive naysayers.

One would think they could have come up with a better nod to the Agnew-Safire Grier-Milland rhetorical factory.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »
CT, do you know anyone who can pull some strings for us?
Suddenly, it was all over for Mr. Coppock. Just like that.

Now at age 61, he wonders if he has done his last show.

"Nobody's going to hire me to be a go-go dancer," Mr. Coppock said. "(WMVP) wouldn't hire me if Chevrolet walked in with 100 large and said, 'Take back Coppock.' We didn't leave on good terms. There's no room at (WSCR). I'm 61. Everyone wants the kids. I don't know where to go."

You could hear the pain in Mr. Coppock's voice when he later said, "I might have to enter the real world, and frankly that scares the hell out of me. If I have to sell life insurance, I might have to slit my wrists."

Make it happen. Please!

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2009, 10:48:26 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 17, 2009, 10:45:14 AM

"Nobody's going to hire me to be a go-go dancer," Mr. Coppock said. "(WMVP) wouldn't hire me if Chevrolet walked in with 100 large and said, 'Take back Coppock.' We didn't leave on good terms. There's no room at (WSCR). I'm 61. Everyone wants the kids. I don't know where to go."

You could hear the pain in Mr. Coppock's voice when he later said, "I might have to enter the real world, and frankly that scares the hell out of me. If I have to sell life insurance, I might have to slit my wrists."

Make it happen. Please!

Fuck you Chet Coppock, I sell life insurance.  Frankly, I'd slit my wrists if somehow you did get another on-air job.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on June 17, 2009, 10:48:26 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 17, 2009, 10:45:14 AM

Make it happen. Please!

Fuck you Chet Coppock, I sell life insurance.  Frankly, I'd slit my wrists if somehow you did get another on-air job.

So you can tell us how having whole life is better than half a life?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »
This offense has been as putrid as a fart-soaked corpse for a month and a half now.

Team stats since Aramis went on the DL:

.243 BA, .707 OPS

With runners in scoring position:

.223 BA, .659 OPS

Yeah, Aramis is awesome and some dropoff was to be expected, and they're still only 1 back in the loss column. But watching this shitshow day after day is starting to invoke LoneStar levels of rage in me. Why has the offense turned into the Washington Athleticbacks?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »
Quote from: RV on June 17, 2009, 03:02:44 PM
This offense has been as putrid as a fart-soaked corpse for a month and a half now.

Team stats since Aramis went on the DL:

.243 BA, .707 OPS

With runners in scoring position:

.223 BA, .659 OPS

Yeah, Aramis is awesome and some dropoff was to be expected, and they're still only 1 back in the loss column. But watching this shitshow day after day is starting to invoke LoneStar levels of rage in me. Why has the offense turned into the Washington Athleticbacks?

Soriano can't hit right now (right now being since mid-May). Bradley hasn't been an extra-base threat. Soto no longer inspires fear in pitchers. Lee is hardly a guy people are afraid to pitch to. Who after that? Theriot? Reed Johnson? Fukudome? Fontenot? Aaron Miles?

Last year, the Cubs had three or four guys pitchers wanted to avoid: Soriano, Ramirez, Soto and maybe Edmonds. Meanwhile DeRosa/Fontenot were a threat to do something, and Lee at least could hang his hat on his past. Reputation has something to do with the way a pitcher pitches to you, no?