News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,262 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #420 on: April 11, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
Score some fucking runs.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: April 12, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »

Leave it to the fucking Cubs to hire a steroid guru as hitting coach and try to roll drug-free.

Fuck.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: April 12, 2010, 08:35:49 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 12, 2010, 07:27:26 AM
Leave it to the fucking Cubs to hire a steroid guru as hitting coach and try to roll drug-free.

Fuck.

The guy came from Texas.  Home of Jose Canseco, Pudge Rodriguez and George Bush.

Drugs they had, a plenty.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: April 12, 2010, 08:54:12 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 12, 2010, 08:35:49 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 12, 2010, 07:27:26 AM

Fuck.

The guy came from Texas.  Home of Jose Canseco, Pudge Rodriguez and George Bush.

Drugs they had, a plenty.

(Stares blankly at Chuck.)
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »
Rudy says the main issue is the batting cage. And not getting enough time in it to work with the hitters.  It's hard to believe that a team this wealthy can't afford to fix the batting cage issues they've complained about for years.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: April 12, 2010, 09:05:13 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 12, 2010, 09:03:07 AM
Rudy says the main issue is the batting cage. And not getting enough time in it to work with the hitters.  It's hard to believe that a team this wealthy can't afford to fix the batting cage issues they've complained about for years.

I'm just glad there are excuses.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: April 12, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »

They play baseball for approximately three hours in a day.  What the hell are they doing for the other 9 hours they may be awake?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2010, 09:08:54 AM »

Yeah.  The limitations of access to the batting cage at Wrigley is really a problem so far this season.

If Rudy really said that (and I'd love to see the source of that non-quote), maybe next year he can convince the team to, say, have a month of time before the season starts where the team can have access to say, 4 or 5 fields and plenty of time to do nothing else but practice.

Maybe do this somewhere where the weather is good the whole time.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2010, 09:20:39 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 12, 2010, 09:08:54 AM
If Rudy really said that (and I'd love to see the source of that non-quote), maybe next year he can convince the team to, say, have a month of time before the season starts where the team can have access to say, 4 or 5 fields and plenty of time to do nothing else but practice.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/2152863,CST-SPT-csep12.article

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: April 12, 2010, 09:34:22 AM »
Well, that's a little different from what I took from your post.  I thought Rudy was blaming the slump SO FAR on the lack of a cage.

I guess what we can take from this is that the offense will get worse.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: April 12, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Isn't there a bar down the street from the park with batting cages?

Problem solved.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2010, 09:57:37 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 12, 2010, 09:34:22 AM
Well, that's a little different from what I took from your post.  I thought Rudy was blaming the slump SO FAR on the lack of a cage.

They haven't played a home game yet, how could he blame the woes so far on wrigley?

Only Chicago teams talk about assistant coaching hires saving their seasons.. first it wsa how awesome larry rothschild is and how we had to keep him.. then rod marinelli.. now rudy jaramillo...  tex winter's success cannot be duplicated..

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 12, 2010, 09:57:37 AM
They haven't played a home game yet, how could he blame the woes so far on wrigley?

Exactly.  I thought Rudy was venturing into Dusty excuse territory.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:27 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 12, 2010, 09:57:37 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 12, 2010, 09:34:22 AM

Only Chicago teams talk about assistant coaching hires saving their seasons.. first it wsa how awesome larry rothschild is and how we had to keep him.. then rod marinelli.. now rudy jaramillo...  tex winter's success cannot be duplicated..

In all fairness, the Chicago Bears probably would not have won their last two championships without these guys:

However, both guys were almost like head coaches. Are pitching and hitting coaches?

Larry Rothschild vs. Don Cooper: do they make that big a difference? Discuss.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: April 12, 2010, 10:57:30 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 12, 2010, 09:52:00 AM
Isn't there a bar down the street from the park with batting cages?

Problem solved.

Just gotta go slug some chicks at Banger's.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.