News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,858 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2009, 09:40:59 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2009, 08:43:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 09, 2009, 08:18:27 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2009, 07:17:11 AM
Some of you act like you don't have a father. If you say you hope Santo dies, well I hope your father dies. Right in front of you and unexpectedly. For those of you whose fathers have already passed, I'm really sorry. I'm totally cool with him reducing his game schedule to about 6 innings a week and some pre and post game gurgling. But Jesus H. Christ, you guys could chill a little.

....Are you saying that Ron Santo is your father? Did you make This Old Cub?

No, but I watched it with my father, who has diabetes and often says things so ridiculous that I have to take my hat off and mutter not nice things into it. At some point, if we're lucky, we'll all have a few years on us and we'll act in ways that will annoy younger generations of ourselves. I'm sure they'll hope we die as soon as possible so they can continue their awesomeness in solemn silence. I don't know where I'm going with this. I just know a few people who have died recently and wish they hadn't. If Ron goes, I won't take it well.

So, Internet Apex is upset that people are exaggerating on the internet about wanting people to die? Interesting.

Quote from: Internet Apex on June 17, 2009, 08:15:03 PMI seriously hope DeRosa gets buttcancer of the mouth and dies.

Quote from: Internet Apex on July 24, 2007, 09:43:48 PM
Time to get some runs off the Tards' bullpen retreads. And for one of them to die. Both occurences are long overdue thanks to the wacko MLB schedule makers.

Quote from: Internet Apex on May 11, 2008, 04:28:07 PM
Tony Homo gets booed before a dreadful rendition of TMOTTBG. The booing was cool. I also liked that he stopped singing halfway through. I didn't like the way he didn't fall out of the booth to his death. That part sucked. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »
Quote from: RV on July 09, 2009, 09:40:59 AM
Some of you act like you don't have a father. If you say you hope Santo dies, well I hope your father dies. Right in front of you and unexpectedly. For those of you whose fathers have already passed, I'm really sorry. I'm totally cool with him reducing his game schedule to about 6 innings a week and some pre and post game gurgling. But Jesus H. Christ, you guys could chill a little.

No, but I watched it with my father, who has diabetes and often says things so ridiculous that I have to take my hat off and mutter not nice things into it. At some point, if we're lucky, we'll all have a few years on us and we'll act in ways that will annoy younger generations of ourselves. I'm sure they'll hope we die as soon as possible so they can continue their awesomeness in solemn silence. I don't know where I'm going with this. I just know a few people who have died recently and wish they hadn't. If Ron goes, I won't take it well.

So, Internet Apex is upset that people are exaggerating on the internet about wanting people to die? Interesting.

Quote from: Internet Apex on June 17, 2009, 08:15:03 PMI seriously hope DeRosa gets buttcancer of the mouth and dies.

Time to get some runs off the Tards' bullpen retreads. And for one of them to die. Both occurences are long overdue thanks to the wacko MLB schedule makers.

Tony Homo gets booed before a dreadful rendition of TMOTTBG. The booing was cool. I also liked that he stopped singing halfway through. I didn't like the way he didn't fall out of the booth to his death. That part sucked. 

So what's your point?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2009, 10:18:48 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2009, 10:08:09 AM

So what's your point?

I just want to know when it's OK to joke about wanting someone dead. I'm trying to minimize the amount of times you ask Atheismo to give my dad an unexpected grabber right in front of me.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2009, 11:02:42 AM »
For defending that useless sack of shit, I hope Apex dies.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »
Quote from: RV on July 09, 2009, 10:18:48 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2009, 10:08:09 AM

So what's your point?

I just want to know when it's OK to joke about wanting someone dead. I'm trying to minimize the amount of times you ask Atheismo to give my dad an unexpected grabber right in front of me.

Good rule of thumb is that you'll never know. So if you want someone dead, say it. If you get some backtalk on it, don't worry about it. It's all fun and games until somebody really gets buttcancer of the mouth.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 09, 2009, 11:02:42 AM

I am 100% certain that you will eventually get your wish. What I don't know is if you'll be around to celebrate.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2009, 11:17:54 AM »
After a few weeks of listening to the Danny Mac Show on the Score. I would like to offer the following advice to all involved there: please tell Matt Spiegel to shut the fuck up once in a while. This guy acts like he's got fifteen years of radio training bottled up inside of him and now that he's got an outlet, he needs to talk non-stop. I tune in to listen to Mac, not some producer-turned-sidekick ramble on and on.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2009, 11:09:40 AM
Quote from: MAD on July 09, 2009, 11:02:42 AM

I am 100% certain that you will eventually get your wish. What I don't know is if you'll be around to celebrate flip a Chevy Malibu.

Multiple Huey traditions'd
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on July 09, 2009, 11:17:54 AM
After a few weeks of listening to the Danny Mac Show on the Score. I would like to offer the following advice to all involved there: please tell Matt Spiegel to shut the fuck up once in a while. This guy acts like he's got fifteen years of radio training bottled up inside of him and now that he's got an outlet, he needs to talk non-stop. I tune in to listen to Mac, not some producer-turned-sidekick ramble on and on.

Seconded.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »

What's worse, that Spiegel's whole shtick is a Dan McNeil impersonation, or that anybody want to do a Dan McNeil impersonation in the first place?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 09, 2009, 12:00:46 PM

Seconded.

Aren't most sports talk show hosts former producers?

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2009, 12:44:33 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 09, 2009, 12:06:22 PM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 09, 2009, 12:00:46 PM

Seconded.

Aren't most sports talk show hosts former producers?

Yes.  But Dave's 100% right.  Except about the part where he said he wants to listen to Mac.  But to each his own.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »
I didn't necessarily say I "want to" listen to Mac, but it's the best option I have.

And Andy made a great point that I had also meant to mention: it's almost as if Spiegel has copied Mac's breathing and voice patterns to the point where he sounds like Mac minus 20 years and the smokes.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »

Since I never listen to talk radio I have to ask...

What do these guys offer than you don't get in a conversation with the guy next to you?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 09, 2009, 01:24:01 PM

Since I never listen to talk radio I have to ask...

What do these guys offer than you don't get in a conversation with the guy next to you?

Depends who you're sitting next to.
I sit next to the bathroom.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.