News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,598 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1365 on: August 12, 2014, 08:13:40 AM »
Quote from: Tony on August 11, 2014, 09:50:46 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 11, 2014, 02:59:38 PM
I made the mistake of turning on Murph and Fred last weekend.  Murph is a Cubs/Ricketts conspiracy theorist to the point I bout tin foil futures. He espoused the following in about 4 minutes. Then I turned it off:

A) Murph uses "Tank Ricketts" to talk about Tom.
B) He states that "Tank" has blown 5 years rebuilding (despite it really only being 3).
C) That the three Theo years have only netted Bryant, Schwarber (who Murph says we don't know if he's good) and Almora (who Murph says stinks).
D) That Soler could have been had regardless of team record because he could have been paid for regardless of record.
E) That the claiming of Hamels was a marketing move by Theo. Since there was no way the Phils were trading him, Theo knew that and claimed Hamels to make it look like the Cubs are trying to spend.

20 years ago, Murph's conspiracies were kinda cute.  Now he's an old man yelling at a cloud.

Does he have a sound effect when he says Tank like he did with Andy McFAIL? Please say he has a sound effect.

I have a family member that listens to Murph. I only know this because every Saturday my phone keeps buzzing because I am getting anti-Theo texts from him at the same time Murph is on.

I accidentally listened to it a few months ago. At that point, Murph was absolving Epstein and Hoyer, saying that they were "smoked" by the Ricketts clan to come lend credibility to the tank job. He said they couldn't have signed up for this plan knowingly.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1366 on: August 12, 2014, 09:27:28 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 12, 2014, 08:13:40 AM
I made the mistake of turning on Murph and Fred last weekend.  Murph is a Cubs/Ricketts conspiracy theorist to the point I bout tin foil futures. He espoused the following in about 4 minutes. Then I turned it off:

B) He states that "Tank" has blown 5 years rebuilding (despite it really only being 3).
C) That the three Theo years have only netted Bryant, Schwarber (who Murph says we don't know if he's good) and Almora (who Murph says stinks).
D) That Soler could have been had regardless of team record because he could have been paid for regardless of record.
E) That the claiming of Hamels was a marketing move by Theo. Since there was no way the Phils were trading him, Theo knew that and claimed Hamels to make it look like the Cubs are trying to spend.

20 years ago, Murph's conspiracies were kinda cute.  Now he's an old man yelling at a cloud.

Does he have a sound effect when he says Tank like he did with Andy McFAIL? Please say he has a sound effect.

I have a family member that listens to Murph. I only know this because every Saturday my phone keeps buzzing because I am getting anti-Theo texts from him at the same time Murph is on.

I accidentally listened to it a few months ago. At that point, Murph was absolving Epstein and Hoyer, saying that they were "smoked" by the Ricketts clan to come lend credibility to the tank job. He said they couldn't have signed up for this plan knowingly.

Someone should take Murph out back like an old sow

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1367 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:05 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 12, 2014, 09:27:28 AM

Has someone heard what Murph thinks "Tank" is getting out of this?  TV ratings down, attendance down, paying millions for Epstein and Hoyer.  What's the benefit to Ricketts for doing what Murph thinks he's doing?  Major League and move to Florida?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1368 on: August 12, 2014, 12:48:30 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 12, 2014, 09:56:05 AM

Has someone heard what Murph thinks "Tank" is getting out of this?  TV ratings down, attendance down, paying millions for Epstein and Hoyer.  What's the benefit to Ricketts for doing what Murph thinks he's doing?  Major League and move to Florida Omaha?

Bingo.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1369 on: August 12, 2014, 03:09:59 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 12, 2014, 12:48:30 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 12, 2014, 09:56:05 AM

Has someone heard what Murph thinks "Tank" is getting out of this?  TV ratings down, attendance down, paying millions for Epstein and Hoyer.  What's the benefit to Ricketts for doing what Murph thinks he's doing?  Major League and move to Florida Omaha?

Bingo.

The Royals would never allow that. And the Henry Doorley Zoo would out draw them.

The zoo there really is phenomenal.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1370 on: August 15, 2014, 09:18:16 AM »
I went to the Bears game last night and noticed the game operations people came up with this unnerving sound bite that played whenever the Bears got a first down. There's a drumbeat and then a bunch of Grabowskis yell, "Bear Down!" while a cheap looking blue graphic shows up on the big board. I think they want us to automatically yell, "Bear Down" and then shut the fuck up whenever the offense is moving. Anyway, it looks and sounds horrible and no I don't think I will.

My hope is that they're just trying this out in the preseason and will trash it if it doesn't work. I hate that they actually had to come up with a gimmick to get Bears fans to shut the fuck up when the offense is moving and that the one they thought of was executed this poorly. It looked and felt very small market to me.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1371 on: August 15, 2014, 09:54:35 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 15, 2014, 09:18:16 AM
I went to the Bears game last night and noticed the game operations people came up with this unnerving sound bite that played whenever the Bears got a first down. There's a drumbeat and then a bunch of Grabowskis yell, "Bear Down!" while a cheap looking blue graphic shows up on the big board. I think they want us to automatically yell, "Bear Down" and then shut the fuck up whenever the offense is moving. Anyway, it looks and sounds horrible and no I don't think I will.

My hope is that they're just trying this out in the preseason and will trash it if it doesn't work. I hate that they actually had to come up with a gimmick to get Bears fans to shut the fuck up when the offense is moving and that the one they thought of was executed this poorly. It looked and felt very small market to me.

"The Stripper" is available now.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1372 on: August 15, 2014, 10:22:13 AM »

The fireworks when the run out are worse than what the Chicago Wolves do.

The announcer goes "There's a time out...." Fans reply, "Where?" Announcer: "On the field!"  Fans, "Oh..." is also insanely stupid.

Watching the Bears in person feels very minor league.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1373 on: August 15, 2014, 10:37:39 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 15, 2014, 10:22:13 AM

The announcer goes "There's a time out...." Fans reply, "Where?" Announcer: "On the field!"  Fans, "Oh..." is also insanely stupid.

It's a lot of the same nonsense in Indy and Cincinnati, the only other NFL cities I've experienced. I don't know if it's an NFL thing or just midwest. But I think they want you to feel like you're at a high school game and a part of something local and intimate, which is strange because the NFL is anything but that.

And I may be mistaken but I feel like they didn't do, "There's a timeout..." last year and might have brought it back. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1374 on: August 15, 2014, 10:39:04 AM »

The announcer goes "There's a time out...." Fans reply, "Where?" Announcer: "On the field!"  Fans, "Oh..." is also insanely stupid.

Then there's the "HOW MUCH TIME?" Before the one minute announcement at the end of a period at Wolves and (sometimes) Hawks games.

But seriously, fuck the Wolves.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1375 on: August 15, 2014, 10:43:14 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 15, 2014, 10:37:39 AM

The announcer goes "There's a time out...." Fans reply, "Where?" Announcer: "On the field!"  Fans, "Oh..." is also insanely stupid.

It's a lot of the same nonsense in Indy and Cincinnati, the only other NFL cities I've experienced. I don't know if it's an NFL thing or just midwest. But I think they want you to feel like you're at a high school game and a part of something local and intimate, which is strange because the NFL is anything but that.

And I may be mistaken but I feel like they didn't do, "There's a timeout..." last year and might have brought it back. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"There's a time out"

"Where"

"On the field where cruel business practices and an increasingly violent culture result in early, penniless deaths of our workers"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1376 on: August 15, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 15, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

"There's a time out"

"Where"

"On the field where cruel business practices and an increasingly violent culture result in early, penniless deaths of our workers"

"Oh..."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1377 on: August 15, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »

I thought "There's a timeout..." was a University of Illinois/Memorial Stadium thing, because that's the only place I've heard it.  When the Bears played there during that embarrassment of a season they did it then, too.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1378 on: August 15, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »

You're wrong.  They did it last year at the Bears-Vikings game and a week ago at Bears-Eagles.  Every game that I can remember.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1379 on: August 15, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 15, 2014, 11:04:28 AM

I thought "There's a timeout..." was a University of Illinois/Memorial Stadium thing, because that's the only place I've heard it.  When the Bears played there during that embarrassment of a season they did it then, too.

How dare you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015