News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,587 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1380 on: August 15, 2014, 12:08:53 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 15, 2014, 11:32:34 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on August 15, 2014, 10:37:39 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 15, 2014, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on August 15, 2014, 09:18:16 AM
I went to the Bears game last night and noticed the game operations people came up with this unnerving sound bite that played whenever the Bears got a first down. There's a drumbeat and then a bunch of Grabowskis yell, "Bear Down!" while a cheap looking blue graphic shows up on the big board. I think they want us to automatically yell, "Bear Down" and then shut the fuck up whenever the offense is moving. Anyway, it looks and sounds horrible and no I don't think I will.

My hope is that they're just trying this out in the preseason and will trash it if it doesn't work. I hate that they actually had to come up with a gimmick to get Bears fans to shut the fuck up when the offense is moving and that the one they thought of was executed this poorly. It looked and felt very small market to me.

The fireworks when the run out are worse than what the Chicago Wolves do.

The announcer goes "There's a time out...." Fans reply, "Where?" Announcer: "On the field!"  Fans, "Oh..." is also insanely stupid.

Watching the Bears in person feels very minor league.

It's a lot of the same nonsense in Indy and Cincinnati, the only other NFL cities I've experienced. I don't know if it's an NFL thing or just midwest. But I think they want you to feel like you're at a high school game and a part of something local and intimate, which is strange because the NFL is anything but that.

And I may be mistaken but I feel like they didn't do, "There's a timeout..." last year and might have brought it back. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong.  They did it last year at the Bears-Vikings game and a week ago at Bears-Eagles.  Every game that I can remember.

Chuck's correct. They've done it at both stadiums since like forever.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1381 on: August 15, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 15, 2014, 12:08:53 PM
I went to the Bears game last night and noticed the game operations people came up with this unnerving sound bite that played whenever the Bears got a first down. There's a drumbeat and then a bunch of Grabowskis yell, "Bear Down!" while a cheap looking blue graphic shows up on the big board. I think they want us to automatically yell, "Bear Down" and then shut the fuck up whenever the offense is moving. Anyway, it looks and sounds horrible and no I don't think I will.

My hope is that they're just trying this out in the preseason and will trash it if it doesn't work. I hate that they actually had to come up with a gimmick to get Bears fans to shut the fuck up when the offense is moving and that the one they thought of was executed this poorly. It looked and felt very small market to me.

The announcer goes "There's a time out...." Fans reply, "Where?" Announcer: "On the field!"  Fans, "Oh..." is also insanely stupid.

It's a lot of the same nonsense in Indy and Cincinnati, the only other NFL cities I've experienced. I don't know if it's an NFL thing or just midwest. But I think they want you to feel like you're at a high school game and a part of something local and intimate, which is strange because the NFL is anything but that.

And I may be mistaken but I feel like they didn't do, "There's a timeout..." last year and might have brought it back. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong.  They did it last year at the Bears-Vikings game and a week ago at Bears-Eagles.  Every game that I can remember.

Motherfuckers.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1382 on: August 15, 2014, 12:57:57 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 15, 2014, 12:38:58 PM

Motherfuckers.

They've done it at every Bears game I've been to. Pre and post stadium renovation. I asked my season ticket holding friends that sometimes take me when nobody else wants to go and they said they've done it as long as they can remember, and they inherited the seats from her parents.

I think it's really stupid, but not "Go Cubs Go" stupid.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1383 on: August 15, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
It could be worse. At least they don't shout "who dat" like inbred fanboat enthusiasts taking their chant from old blackface minstrels.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1384 on: August 15, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »
Quote from: Tony on August 15, 2014, 12:57:57 PM

Motherfuckers.

They've done it at every Bears game I've been to. Pre and post stadium renovation. I asked my season ticket holding friends that sometimes take me when nobody else wants to go and they said they've done it as long as they can remember, and they inherited the seats from her parents.

Even stupider: Kane County plays "Go Cubs Go" after their wins.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1385 on: August 15, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 15, 2014, 01:51:22 PM

Motherfuckers.

BUT DEY ARENT EVEN DA CUBS?!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1386 on: August 15, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 15, 2014, 01:19:19 PM
It could be worse. At least they don't shout "who dat" like inbred fanboat enthusiasts taking their chant from old blackface minstrels. obnoxious fake-Southern rapping white girls from Australia

Iggy'd
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1387 on: August 15, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 15, 2014, 02:23:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 15, 2014, 01:19:19 PM
It could be worse. At least they don't shout "who dat" like inbred fanboat enthusiasts taking their chant from old blackface minstrels. obnoxious fake-Southern rapping white girls from Australia

Iggy'd

WAIT A MINUTE THAT GIRL IS AUSTRALIAN?

Tonk must answer for the crimes of his people.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1388 on: August 15, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »

Motherfuckers.

Lucky for you that you don't have to hear it very often.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1389 on: August 15, 2014, 10:01:08 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 15, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

Motherfuckers.

78-45 this year, good sir.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1390 on: August 16, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 15, 2014, 10:01:08 PM
Quote from: CBStew on August 15, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

Motherfuckers.

78-45 this year, good sir.

Incredible.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1391 on: August 30, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
I really like Jim DeShaies.  I think he and Len Kasper are a fantastic team and I thoroughly enjoy listening to them call a game.

Just thought I'd mention it, like.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1392 on: August 30, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 30, 2014, 03:10:20 PM
I really like Jim DeShaies.  I think he and Len Kasper are a fantastic team and I thoroughly enjoy listening to them call a game.

It's been 10 years since Cub games were unlistenable on TV.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1393 on: August 30, 2014, 06:36:07 PM »

Co-sign.  They're putting on a great broadcast.  It's gonna be fun when this team is good.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1394 on: September 23, 2014, 01:32:38 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 30, 2014, 06:36:07 PM

Co-sign.  They're putting on a great broadcast.  It's gonna be fun when this team is good.

Having said that, imagine my joy when, after breakfast this morning, I logged on to find that the Dodgers and Giants were still playing (top of the 13th).  I got to listen to a couple of innings of Vin Scully while I cleared up.  Kasper and DeShaies are good, but Scully is fucking beautiful.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.