News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,247 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #1185 on: April 26, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
When did Desipio (mostly) grow up?
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1186 on: April 26, 2016, 09:05:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 26, 2016, 11:28:59 AM
This is legitimately hard to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tU-D-m2JY8

I don't really understand the purpose of this.

Not you SKO, I'm talking about the original you tube video.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1187 on: April 27, 2016, 07:30:25 AM »
Quote from: flannj on April 26, 2016, 09:05:29 PM

A lot of people don't realize just how horrible people are to women on the internet, especially women in primarily male dominated fields? I mean Julie has had to spend all day on twitter since that video was posted arguing with assholes who are insisting she made it all up and to stop whining. I think their overall goal is to make it so twitter takes harassment more seriously and starts banning trolls, because as it is you basically need to have a bunch of people report an account as offensive before it is even just temporarily suspended, let alone banned.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1188 on: April 27, 2016, 07:44:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 27, 2016, 07:30:25 AM

A lot of people don't realize just how horrible people are to women on the internet, especially women in primarily male dominated fields? I mean Julie has had to spend all day on twitter since that video was posted arguing with assholes who are insisting she made it all up and to stop whining. I think their overall goal is to make it so twitter takes harassment more seriously and starts banning trolls, because as it is you basically need to have a bunch of people report an account as offensive before it is even just temporarily suspended, let alone banned.

Also, the fact is most people hear "trolling" and "online harassment" and just shrug, because the terms don't make most people immediately think "near constant death threats from strangers just because you had an opinion online while having a vagina."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1189 on: April 27, 2016, 07:48:48 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 27, 2016, 07:44:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 27, 2016, 07:30:25 AM

Also, the fact is most people hear "trolling" and "online harassment" and just shrug, because the terms don't make most people immediately think "near constant death threats from strangers just because you had an opinion online while having a vagina."

Right, I remember when that stupid gamergate stuff first happened that Anita Sarkesian woman had one of those monsters send her a picture of her house and her husband and talk about how he was going to rape her in front of her husband before killing them both, and when she went to the police about it they literally said "stay in a hotel if you're scared, I guess?" because I mean, "it's just the internet"

I may be misremembering but I believe Julie had something similar happen during the start of her reporting on the Kane thing, where someone said he was going to come down to the Score's studio and kill her and so she was forced to stay home from work.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1190 on: April 27, 2016, 09:19:17 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2016, 02:39:30 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on April 26, 2016, 01:32:54 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 26, 2016, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 26, 2016, 01:23:10 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 26, 2016, 12:49:58 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 26, 2016, 12:36:32 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 26, 2016, 11:45:22 AM
Quote from: Oleg on April 26, 2016, 11:33:44 AM

That was horrible.
Cowards hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.
It's fucking repulsive.

Especially considering how a lot of us, myself included, have treated both of them in the past.

Julie blocked me on Twitter after I unfollowed her during the World Cup, so I never even got the chance to say something mean to her.

I mean, it's kind of a difficult situation. I've butted heads with her a number of times, and I would describe most of her opinions on the Bears and football in general as, like, sub PenFoe-ian in their stupidity. I don't feel comfortable ever disagreeing with her on twitter or whatever anymore because of the massive amount of unwarranted shit she takes. I look forward to a less misogynistic future where there's no other implication to me telling a woman in sports media that her take is dumb and bad.

Slezak broke me of that habit after she and BH had JennPex and I over for board game night. That woman is a saint.

Is this real? I don't care if it's not just say it is.

Ok.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1191 on: May 18, 2016, 08:01:36 AM »

That was horrible.
It's fucking repulsive.

Especially considering how a lot of us, myself included, have treated both of them in the past.

Julie blocked me on Twitter after I unfollowed her during the World Cup, so I never even got the chance to say something mean to her.

I mean, it's kind of a difficult situation. I've butted heads with her a number of times, and I would describe most of her opinions on the Bears and football in general as, like, sub PenFoe-ian in their stupidity. I don't feel comfortable ever disagreeing with her on twitter or whatever anymore because of the massive amount of unwarranted shit she takes. I look forward to a less misogynistic future where there's no other implication to me telling a woman in sports media that her take is dumb and bad.

Exhibit A:

If Al had said that, or any of us, we'd have rightfully had that quote thrown in our faces probably 150 times this year as the Cubs pound some shitty pitcher. Pank and I call out Julie on that kind of idiotic Fro Dog take and within minutes some vegan lady was yelling at us to leave her alone. I know a lot of sexist trolls attack Julie for no reason. Her sports takes are still mostly bad.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1192 on: May 18, 2016, 08:39:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 08:01:36 AM

That was horrible.
It's fucking repulsive.

Exhibit A:

If Al had said that, or any of us, we'd have rightfully had that quote thrown in our faces probably 150 times this year as the Cubs pound some shitty pitcher. Pank and I call out Julie on that kind of idiotic Fro Dog take and within minutes some vegan lady was yelling at us to leave her alone. I know a lot of sexist trolls attack Julie for no reason. Her sports takes are still mostly bad.

A little internet hyperbole during a frustrating game and what do we get? The SKOPolice! 

Thank the lord you are here to point out that "always" not only isn't a great word choice, but but WRONG FOR ALL TIME!!!  Because, if you hadn't pointed that out... the universe gets sucked down a giant black hole vortex into a singularity?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1193 on: May 18, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »

That was horrible.
It's fucking repulsive.

Exhibit A:

If Zach Zaidman or Jordan Bernfield or any other update person on the SCORE said something so insipid and ham-handed, they wouldn't hear the end of it.  Should Julie not be held to the same standard as her professional colleagues simply because of her gender?  That doesn't seem to do anybody any good, least of all her.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1194 on: May 18, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 18, 2016, 08:45:13 AM

That was horrible.
It's fucking repulsive.

Exhibit A:

If Zach Zaidman or Jordan Bernfield or any other update person on the SCORE said something so insipid and ham-handed, they wouldn't hear the end of it.  Should Julie not be held to the same standard as her professional colleagues simply because of her gender?  That doesn't seem to do anybody any good, least of all her.

Better question, if I had said that, given my reputation last year as The Doom Patrol, would I have avoided getting shit on for it? I'm guessing no.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1195 on: May 18, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 18, 2016, 08:39:05 AM

That was horrible.
It's fucking repulsive.

Exhibit A:

A little internet hyperbole during a frustrating game and what do we get? The SKOPolice! 

Thank the lord you are here to point out that "always" not only isn't a great word choice, but but WRONG FOR ALL TIME!!!  Because, if you hadn't pointed that out... the universe gets sucked down a giant black hole vortex into a singularity?

Chuck prefers to live in a world where half-baked, petulant, knee-jerk (and utterly wrong) opinions go unchecked.  His life would be infinitely less complicated as a result.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1196 on: May 18, 2016, 08:49:37 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 18, 2016, 08:47:43 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 18, 2016, 08:39:05 AM

That was horrible.
It's fucking repulsive.

Exhibit A:

Chuck prefers to live in a world where half-baked, petulant, knee-jerk (and utterly wrong) opinions go unchecked.  His life would be infinitely less complicated as a result.

Yeah, I mean if pointing out bad takes weren't like 90% of what we do here I could understand the "oh give her a break" response, but, like, we don't ever give anyone breaks. It's what makes us assholes and keeps this board running except for when I break it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1197 on: May 18, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »
I mean we've been laughing about "Ty Wiggington always kills the Cubs!" for like 8 years now let's not pretend this is unprecedented.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1198 on: May 18, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »
I think life becomes a lot easier, in general, when we stop trying to win arguments on the internet. Smart people say stupid things all the time sometimes. Apart from perhaps slightly annoying her, and getting jumped on by her friends/supporters, what is accomplished by pointing out to Julie that she said something kinda dumb?

I think it's a different situation when you're on a forum, because there's more direct interaction there, but at this point who can be bothered by another stupid Tweet?
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1199 on: May 18, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 18, 2016, 09:14:12 AM
I think life becomes a lot easier, in general, when we stop trying to win arguments on the internet. Smart people say stupid things all the time sometimes. Apart from perhaps slightly annoying her, and getting jumped on by her friends/supporters, what is accomplished by pointing out to Julie that she said something kinda dumb?

I think it's a different situation when you're on a forum, because there's more direct interaction there, but at this point who can be bothered by another stupid Tweet?

I don't think anyone was trying to win an argument, I pointed out she made a dumb tweet, then someone else pointed out that it was wrong to point out the dumb tweet, which is an argument no one ever makes to me when it's Gordo or Bruce Levine or Jesse Rogers or something. That one tweet was more or less the end of it for me, other than further discussion with Huey which I mostly tried to leave Julie out of? If we stopped pointing out when people made dumb tweets on twitter it would literally cease to exist, which would probably benefit humanity greatly.