News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,315 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2012, 02:11:40 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 12, 2012, 01:57:59 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 12, 2012, 01:54:52 PM
Quote from: PenPho on June 12, 2012, 01:36:30 PM
BWAHAHAHAAH

Quote from: John Morosi
With weak 2B market, ‪#Cubs‬ would do well to see what they can get for Darwin Barney.

Something like this?

Darwin Barney is a reasonably valuable baseball player.

TIME TO POST!

No, I'm just kidding. I think they should try to trade him and I'm interested to see if EpHoystink can fleece some poor other stink for something of use.

Feeling satisfied with the results of my Support-Ryan-Dempster campaign, I'm fully committed to my lame crusade of convincing people that Darwin Barney is a reasonably valuable baseball player.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 12, 2012, 02:11:40 PM
BWAHAHAHAAH

With weak 2B market, ‪#Cubs‬ would do well to see what they can get for Darwin Barney.

Something like this?

TIME TO POST!

No, I'm just kidding. I think they should try to trade him and I'm interested to see if EpHoystink can fleece some poor other stink for something of use.

Feeling satisfied with the results of my Support-Ryan-Dempster campaign, I'm fully committed to my lame crusade of convincing people that Darwin Barney is a reasonably valuable baseball player.

I'm not sure where he ranks this year across MLB for 2nd baseman (okay that's a lie, he's 11th), but with a career OPS of .670 and minor league track record to suggest he isn't any better than that, it seems laughable that they could actually get decent return for him.

But by all means, I sure hope they try to find out.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 12, 2012, 02:48:20 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 12, 2012, 02:11:40 PM
BWAHAHAHAAH

Something like this?

TIME TO POST!

I'm not sure where he ranks this year across MLB for 2nd baseman (okay that's a lie, he's 11th), but with a career OPS of .670 and minor league track record to suggest he isn't any better than that, it seems laughable that they could actually get decent return for him.

But by all means, I sure hope they try to find out.

The Cubs were able to trade Mike Fontenot once upon a time.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
Oh please, this team is so bad offensively I doubt any of them could score heroin. /Chork.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: June 12, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »

He's young(ish), plays outstanding defense and makes next-to-nothing. Those are all good things that teams should be interested in.

Personally, I think they might as well keep him. He'll probably have more value going forward as cheap utility guy who can play multiple positions than whatever fringey prospect he'd bring in a trade.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: June 12, 2012, 03:08:15 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 12, 2012, 03:05:31 PM

He's young(ish), plays outstanding defense and makes next-to-nothing. Those are all good things that teams should be interested in.

Personally, I think they might as well keep him. He'll probably have more value going forward as cheap utility guy who can play multiple positions than whatever fringey prospect he'd bring in a trade.

This, assuming for a moment that keeping him doesn't mean paying him $5MM a year for three years, for instance.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: June 12, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »

"outstanding" defense?

That's news to me.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 12, 2012, 04:02:43 PM

"outstanding" defense?

That's news to me.

And if there's one thing Huey knows, it's the News. /slidewhistle

Also, who was the originator of Epstink? I'd like to give credit to that person before I get tired of it. Although it does have Always Funny Potential (see: Chuck, Fuck You).

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2012, 04:39:53 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 12, 2012, 04:27:15 PM

"outstanding" defense?

That's news to me.

Also, who was the originator of Epstink? I'd like to give credit to that person before I get tired of it. Although it does have Always Funny Potential (see: Chuck, Fuck You).

It was born in a text from one of Gil's buddies after the Marshall/Wood trade. "Epstink is terrible."
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: June 12, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

I don't think you want to see Chuck fuck you.

/Chork

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: June 12, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 12, 2012, 04:39:53 PM

"outstanding" defense?

That's news to me.

It was born in a text from one of Gil's buddies after the Marshall/Wood trade. "Epstink is terrible."

This is correct and it continues to this day.

And because of Travis Wood's performance, I have to somewhat agree with the notion that the Cubs could have gotten more for Marshall.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »

Unlike first basemen who have a .900 OPS, Darwin Barneys do not grow on trees.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 12, 2012, 04:57:48 PM

"outstanding" defense?

That's news to me.

And because of Travis Wood's performance, I have to somewhat agree with the notion that the Cubs could have gotten more for Marshall.

We won't know for another year or so whether Travis Wood was a good pickup or not. If he was pitching balls out at the big club this year it wouldn't matter. If he's a serviceable lefthanded starter or reliever in 2014, Epstink will be wonderful. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: June 13, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »

"outstanding" defense?

That's news to me.

Cool?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: June 13, 2012, 09:58:56 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 12, 2012, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 12, 2012, 04:57:48 PM

"outstanding" defense?

That's news to me.

We won't know for another year or so whether Travis Wood was a good pickup or not. If he was pitching balls out at the big club this year it wouldn't matter. If he's a serviceable lefthanded starter or reliever in 2014, Epstink will be wonderful. 

I think he's going to be decent. If only we'd kept Larry Rothschild around...