News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,237 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #750 on: August 31, 2014, 12:20:40 PM »
But seriously St. Louis is a shithole
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #751 on: August 31, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
I really needed Bort there to explain the shoutbox and accompanying memes bc I had a hell of a time explaining why I cracked up when I saw the Purina factory.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #752 on: September 02, 2014, 07:58:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 31, 2014, 11:42:40 AM
To be fair by the time those tweets were sent I was back at the hotel alone because I will do many things buy I will Not go to a strip club in fucking Missouri

I'm imagining lunchtime dancers, only all night.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #753 on: September 08, 2014, 07:53:15 AM »
TheKapman

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #754 on: September 08, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 08, 2014, 07:53:15 AM
TheKapman

do u get ur jay jersey dry cleaned or laundered

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #755 on: September 08, 2014, 09:25:23 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 08, 2014, 08:48:29 AM
TheKapman

I hate to be the dongchugger, but in what world is Cutler near the top of the blame for that loss?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #756 on: September 08, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »
TheKapman

Who gets a jersey dry-cleaned? Or sends it off to be "laundered," for that matter? Does Kap not know how to wash his clothes like a regular person?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #757 on: September 08, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 08, 2014, 09:25:23 AM
TheKapman

I hate to be the dongchugger, but in what world is Cutler near the top of the blame for that loss?

That was a return to 2009 Bears football where you had a situation in which Cutler had to be perfect and he wasn't. The offensive line was good enough but the receiving corps was in disarray. The defense made stops only occasionally. Would Aaron Rodgers have made that asinine Caleb Hanie-esque toss to Kyle Williams? I'm guessing he would not. In my mind that loss was on several people, and some of it was as random as Brandon Marshall fumbling and Alshon picking a bad time to tweak a hammy.

I'm one of the leading Cutler apologists in the free world and I believe that is the type of game he is good enough to pull out - and he didn't. Does that mean he's terrible? No, it means he might... <choke> ... he might not <drinks water> be as good as I think he is.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #758 on: September 08, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 08, 2014, 10:00:42 AM
TheKapman

That was a return to 2009 Bears football where you had a situation in which Cutler had to be perfect and he wasn't. The offensive line was good enough but the receiving corps was in disarray. The defense made stops only occasionally. Would Aaron Rodgers have made that asinine Caleb Hanie-esque toss to Kyle Williams? I'm guessing he would not. In my mind that loss was on several people, and some of it was as random as Brandon Marshall fumbling and Alshon picking a bad time to tweak a hammy.

I'm one of the leading Cutler apologists in the free world and I believe that is the type of game he is good enough to pull out - and he didn't. Does that mean he's terrible? No, it means he might... <choke> ... he might not <drinks water> be as good as I think he is.

Honestly, I don't even think he saw Williams, and from his perspective, Martellus was probably open. It's the only photo I use, but:

It appears to me that Williams was probably shielded by Mills

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #759 on: September 08, 2014, 10:32:12 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 08, 2014, 10:21:50 AM
TheKapman

Honestly, I don't even think he saw Williams, and from his perspective, Martellus was probably open. It's the only photo I use, but:

Isn't that kind of the point of the whole Don't Throw Across Your Body Back to the Middle of the Field rule - that you aren't going to have a full view of where you're throwing and are flying blind to some extent?

No Cutler did not lose that game single-handedly, but if I was forced at musketpoint to pick a culprit it would be him. They were driving for the go-ahead score and he made a really bad decision to stop that from happening. I'm a known dumbass, but my hope/expectation was that with Trestman having two years now to grow Jay's football, that he'd expel this type of slapdickery from his system. I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that Jay is never going to have that breakout year where he puts it all together and shoots fireballs of stardom out of his orifices. He's always going to be an above-average QB who will make our buttholes pucker a couple times a game with a terrible decision, but could win a Super Bowl with the right talent around him and a few breaks in the clustermug that is the NFL.

I guess I was just hoping for better from our guy Jake.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #760 on: September 08, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 08, 2014, 10:32:12 AM
TheKapman

Isn't that kind of the point of the whole Don't Throw Across Your Body Back to the Middle of the Field rule - that you aren't going to have a full view of where you're throwing and are flying blind to some extent?

No Cutler did not lose that game single-handedly, but if I was forced at musketpoint to pick a culprit it would be him. They were driving for the go-ahead score and he made a really bad decision to stop that from happening. I'm a known dumbass, but my hope/expectation was that with Trestman having two years now to grow Jay's football, that he'd expel this type of slapdickery from his system. I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that Jay is never going to have that breakout year where he puts it all together and shoots fireballs of stardom out of his orifices. He's always going to be an above-average QB who will make our buttholes pucker a couple times a game with a terrible decision, but could win a Super Bowl with the right talent around him and a few breaks in the clustermug that is the NFL.

Also, I didn't see this play, but unless there's a Buffalo Bill below the numbers that doesn't appear in this photo, it looks like he could have run for a first down fairly easily.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #761 on: September 08, 2014, 11:16:35 AM »
Quote from: CT III on September 08, 2014, 11:11:43 AM
TheKapman

Also, I didn't see this play, but unless there's a Buffalo Bill below the numbers that doesn't appear in this photo, it looks like he could have run for a first down fairly easily.

I disagree. There's a corner right there who could have closed and made a play. I don't need Cutler getting hit any more than he has to. Throw it in the stands and kick a 51 yard FG with no wind.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #762 on: September 08, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
TheKapman

THI

I refrain from criticizing Cutler, mostly because enough  meatballs do it for all the wrong reasons.

He didn't lose the game for them, but he had a chance to win it for them--3 times (the drive before the pick, the drive that *only* sent the game into OT, and the first drive of OT)--and he came up short.  Like with RV, I think I just need to re-set my expectations for the guy.  I appreciate what's he done and am secure in the knowledge that I've never seen anyone better at that position for the Bears in my lifetime, but at some point I have to accept that the guy's not the premier QB I had hoped he would be.

I'll sit down and wait for SKO to rally my optimism.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #763 on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:30 AM »
TheKapman

When did Jay start running a 4.50 40

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #764 on: September 08, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 08, 2014, 11:47:30 AM
TheKapman

When did Jay start running a 4.50 40

I see 9 blue shirts in that photo.  Where were the other two?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)