News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,232 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #855 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 21, 2015, 02:27:49 PM
Quote from: Tonker on April 21, 2015, 12:37:57 PM
So that would make tonight's lineup:

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

...or, to put it another way, after the first time round:

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

EDIT: Or, as it turns out, Denorfia instead of Coghlan.  Whatevs.

I haven't really had a problem with the pitcher hitting 8th, and I understand the logic behind it (with every inning after the first not playing out in general rules).... but I don't love Russell batting 9th. It's not because I don't like the Russell-Fowler-Soler-Rizzo-Bryant-Castro fun, but I don't really like the idea of sacrificing up to 70-80 PAs in a season by hitting Russell 9th. (That estimation came from a link I can't find. I remember reading something recently indicating that each drop in batting order nets a loss of 15-20 PAs over the course of a season)

That's to start and is not really where he'll be forever and ever amen. And out of those players, who would you hit 9th? Coghlan maybe, I would assume...
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #856 on: April 21, 2015, 02:30:35 PM »

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

EDIT: Or, as it turns out, Denorfia instead of Coghlan.  Whatevs.

I haven't really had a problem with the pitcher hitting 8th, and I understand the logic behind it (with every inning after the first not playing out in general rules).... but I don't love Russell batting 9th. It's not because I don't like the Russell-Fowler-Soler-Rizzo-Bryant-Castro fun, but I don't really like the idea of sacrificing up to 70-80 PAs in a season by hitting Russell 9th. (That estimation came from a link I can't find. I remember reading something recently indicating that each drop in batting order nets a loss of 15-20 PAs over the course of a season)

Yeah if Addison hits 9th the rest of the year he's probably struggling enough that it's the best place for him and hopefully the spot with the least amount of pressure on him. If he hits like his upper projections he won't be hitting 9th for very long.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #857 on: April 21, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2015, 02:30:35 PM

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

Yeah if Addison hits 9th the rest of the year he's probably struggling enough that it's the best place for him and hopefully the spot with the least amount of pressure on him. If he hits like his upper projections he won't be hitting 9th for very long.

If that's the case, objection rescinded. SHOW ME, JOE

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #858 on: April 21, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 21, 2015, 02:31:48 PM

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

My prediction for game one of the WS in an American League Ballpark is

CF Fowler
1B Rizzo
RF Soler
LF Bryant
2B Russell
SS Castro
DH Schwarber (Sept. 1st Call up after he tears up AA Tennessee and AAA Iowa following his midseason promotion)
C Montero
3B Javy Baez

Arrieta blanks the vaunted Tigers lineup as David Price gets trounced and realizes he will never beat the Cubs and thus his only option is to join them. Boom.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #859 on: April 21, 2015, 02:58:46 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2015, 02:35:10 PM

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

CF Fowler
1B Rizzo
RF Soler
LF Bryant
2B Russell
SS Castro
DH Schwarber (Sept. 1st Call up after he tears up AA Tennessee and AAA Iowa following his midseason promotion)
C Montero
3B Javy Baez

Arrieta blanks the vaunted Tigers lineup as David Price gets trounced and realizes he will never beat the Cubs and thus his only option is to join them. Boom.

Schwarber would be ineligible for the postseason roster if he was called up Sept. 1st.  But I like the rest of it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #860 on: April 21, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 21, 2015, 02:58:46 PM

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

CF Fowler
1B Rizzo
RF Soler
LF Bryant
2B Russell
SS Castro
C Montero
3B Javy Baez

Schwarber would be ineligible for the postseason roster if he was called up Sept. 1st.  But I like the rest of it.

Huh. Was Soto only allowed on the playoff roster in 2007 because he'd made his debut in 2006 or whatever? Because I thought he was a September callup.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #861 on: April 21, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2015, 03:06:45 PM

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

CF Fowler
1B Rizzo
RF Soler
LF Bryant
2B Russell
SS Castro
C Montero
3B Javy Baez

Huh. Was Soto only allowed on the playoff roster in 2007 because he'd made his debut in 2006 or whatever? Because I thought he was a September callup.

Think he got on as an injury replacement, no?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #862 on: April 21, 2015, 03:12:37 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 21, 2015, 03:12:01 PM

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

CF Fowler
1B Rizzo
RF Soler
LF Bryant
2B Russell
SS Castro
C Montero
3B Javy Baez

Think he got on as an injury replacement, no?

Then I volunteer to break David Ross' kneecap right fucking now.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #863 on: April 21, 2015, 03:13:51 PM »

Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood
Russell

Russell
Fowler
Soler
Rizzo
Bryant
Castro
Coghlan
Castillo
Wood

Lordy.

EDIT: Or, as it turns out, Denorfia instead of Coghlan.  Whatevs.

CF Fowler
1B Rizzo
RF Soler
LF Bryant
2B Russell
SS Castro
C Montero
3B Javy Baez

That's a good question, I don't remember how that happened.  Usually a guy has to be on your active roster (the 25-man) before midnight on August 31.  But you get some more leeway for injury replacements.  Maybe that was Soto?  I'll check if someone doesn't chime in.

Edited for face: Had to step away from the computer while this was pending and I saw Fork/Median Desipio Chucklehead suggested injury.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #864 on: April 21, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »
DPD.  Looks like the great Hank White was placed on the DL to create a spot for Soto:

QuoteHowever, since he wasn’t on the Cubs 25 man roster on August 31, Soto isn’t eligible for the playoffs, leaving Henry Blanco and his .174 batting average. Blanco has only appeared in four games since being activated August 21. Here’s hoping Jim Hendry can find an injury excuse (Blanco’s neck injury?) that will enable Soto to replace Blanco.

Shortly thereafter Soto was placed on the roster:

QuotePiniella confirmed following Saturday's 4-0 win here over the Reds that rookie Geovany Soto would be on the playoff roster.

"I don't think he's going to be off the roster," Piniella said.

Based on his play over the last several weeks since his recall from Class AAA Iowa, where he was the Pacific Coast League's MVP, keeping Soto was a no-brainer for the Cubs over the light-hitting Henry Blanco.

And White had no plate appearances in the 2007 postseason so they must have DL'd him.  Missed two months with a herniated disc that season, according to Wikipedia.  Oddly enough I couldn't find any articles saying as much, although I only spent a few seconds and previously switched to DuckDuckGo so I'm sure it's out there if someone wants to find it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #865 on: April 21, 2015, 03:27:35 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 21, 2015, 03:21:35 PM
DPD.  Looks like the great Hank White was placed on the DL to create a spot for Soto:

QuoteHowever, since he wasn't on the Cubs 25 man roster on August 31, Soto isn't eligible for the playoffs, leaving Henry Blanco and his .174 batting average. Blanco has only appeared in four games since being activated August 21. Here's hoping Jim Hendry can find an injury excuse (Blanco's neck injury?) that will enable Soto to replace Blanco.

QuotePiniella confirmed following Saturday's 4-0 win here over the Reds that rookie Geovany Soto would be on the playoff roster.

Based on his play over the last several weeks since his recall from Class AAA Iowa, where he was the Pacific Coast League's MVP, keeping Soto was a no-brainer for the Cubs over the light-hitting Henry Blanco.

And White had no plate appearances in the 2007 postseason so they must have DL'd him.  Missed two months with a herniated disc that season, according to Wikipedia.  Oddly enough I couldn't find any articles saying as much, although I only spent a few seconds and previously switched to DuckDuckGo so I'm sure it's out there if someone wants to find it.

Welp, looks like David Ross is going to be in a very bad car accident in September.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #866 on: April 21, 2015, 03:30:54 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2015, 03:27:35 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 21, 2015, 03:21:35 PM

QuoteHowever, since he wasn't on the Cubs 25 man roster on August 31, Soto isn't eligible for the playoffs, leaving Henry Blanco and his .174 batting average. Blanco has only appeared in four games since being activated August 21. Here's hoping Jim Hendry can find an injury excuse (Blanco's neck injury?) that will enable Soto to replace Blanco.

Welp, looks like David Ross is going to be in a very bad car accident in September.

I might actually hate him by then

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #867 on: April 22, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
Arrieta's been on a Twitter rampage the last few days (@JArrieta34) and he's actually kinda witty.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #868 on: April 22, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 22, 2015, 02:46:05 PM
Arrieta's been on a Twitter rampage the last few days (@JArrieta34) and he's actually kinda witty.

I followed him just for this:

https://twitter.com/JArrieta34/status/590954978388353027

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #869 on: April 22, 2015, 03:07:35 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 22, 2015, 02:46:05 PM

He's easily one of my favorite Cubs. Thanks, Orioles! And/or thanks, Chris Bosio.